PDA

View Full Version : Lolsleep

Yar
10-12-2008, 01:51 AM
While some people may snore or fart in their sleep, I have an odd sleeping trait: I laugh. Sometimes I laugh so much that I wake myself up.

It's not uncommon for me to have an extremely hilarious dream. My dream last night was full of farce, and I was impressed when I woke up by how complicated the dream was concerning humor. I wrote down [what I could remember of] the dream so that I wouldn't forget it. I like to write comedy scripts when I'm bored, so maybe someday I'll get around to taking the dream and putting it into a script.

So I guess this thread could go in a few different directions.

Do you have funny dreams? What are some?
Do you do odd things in your sleep?

:greenie:

SilverWind
10-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Well, sometimes I have weird dreams, while not really being funny, are so strange that they are funny when told to someone.

Akaria
10-12-2008, 02:20 AM
I would like to know this farce-filled dream.

My dreams are usually strange and out there, but seem totally normal to me. The other night I had a long dream that me and my buddy were driving down I-94 to get to Wisconsin, but we went the wrong way on the road. It began getting dark, and buildings and people were getting sparse. Finally we decided to turn around, so we turned into someone's driveway, and at the end of the driveway were about a dozen people around a large bonfire wearing black capes and hoods. Then we turned around and drove off, and I woke up.

It was awesome.

rubah
10-12-2008, 02:34 AM
I've been having a lot of dreams about real life, so realistic that when I wake up, I don't know for sure if I was dreaming or remembering something.

~*~Celes~*~
10-12-2008, 02:40 AM
I've woken myself up laughing, humming, screaming, and talking xD

Rye
10-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Huxley says that in my sleep, I:

* Twitch violently
* Move my arms a lot
* Reach over turn off my phone when people call late at night, and mutter about them calling at such a late hour, in my sleep.
* Snore for about 5 minutes each night
* Sleep in bizarre positions that make me appear awake
* Occasionally steal all of the blankets

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2008, 02:45 AM
I don't have funny dreams often, mine are usually just kind of odd. I have a cousin that agrees with himself in his sleep.

"I don't like cars. Me either." is something he'd say xD

Fate Fatale
10-12-2008, 05:36 AM
I have this strange urge to be warm when I sleep. One night, while at a friend's house, I slept on the floor and he on the couch. When we woke in the morning, I was cuddling his arm that had draped down. It wasn't necessarily a bad experience though, he has really warm arms.

Momiji
10-12-2008, 06:04 AM
On many occasions, I find myself waking up in the weirdest positions.

~*~Celes~*~
10-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I remember the last time I stayed the night at a friend's house, the three of us were in the bedroom. I was the first to fall asleep, and they stayed up really late. I vaguely remember this, but this is what they said happened:

They were up talking about global warming (strange topics to discuss at 5 am, anyone?), and one of them said "something needs to be done about it." and it was quiet for a few seconds and I muttered "something needs to be done about it." and they kept asking me what I said, and I just kept muttering "I don't know, leave me alone, I'm trying to sleep, I don't know what I said...leave me alone, I'm trying to sleep..." over and over again xD

aquatius
10-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I talk in my sleep, apparantly.

"Let's all have a big tea party!"

I wish I was joking

Mo-Nercy
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
A few of my friends and I were over at someone's house sleeping over once. One of my friends noticed that someone had a habit of talking in his sleep. At the time, we were all going through a massive DotA phase. So my friend went over to the sleeping friend and asked "Hey, you wanna go DotA?" to which the talking sleeper replied "Yeah, let's go man."

As for me, I snore, I fart, I grind my teeth and notably, I also cross my arms. Like I am in defiance of my own sleep.

Old Manus
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I sleep with my eyes open. No joke.

Zeldy
10-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I apparently talk in my sleep. I don't believe it though as it's only my parents who have ever heard me, and I apparently say things like "Oh I'll make you a cup of tea, Dad". I don't believe them! :mad2:

kikimm
10-13-2008, 03:27 AM
I don't think I do much usually, although right now I scratch a lot in my sleep :P I talk very rarely, and have sleepwalked just once (that I know of).

Fonzie
10-13-2008, 03:31 AM
I apparently talk in my sleep. I don't believe it though as it's only my parents who have ever heard me, and I apparently say things like "Oh I'll make you a cup of tea, Dad". I don't believe them! :mad2:

The English is strong in this one.

Fujiko
10-13-2008, 03:37 AM
You know, that about laughing in your sleep - I have a friend who once spoke Finnish and laughed in her sleep. We were on a field trip and camped together for a few days - she scared the living daylights out of me when she suddenly, in her deep sleep, started rambling in Finnish and laughing every now and then o.o I thought it was a joke at first (and I literally wanted to hide, and it was pitch dark :(~), but then when I told her about it she said this is normal for her xD

Jojee
10-13-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm <i>normal</i> in my sleep. :p

I want to know Yari's dream~

qwertysaur
10-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I sleepwalked fairly often when I was 7, and would apparently talk backwards during the action.