PDA

View Full Version : You can't say "your face," that's Jessica's thing!

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Don't you absolutely HATE it when there's something you like to say a lot and people talk like you've trademarked it? Or worse, when people make you feel like a copycat when you say everyday things like "oh cool" just because they like to say it? This goes on a lot in my house.

~*~Celes~*~
10-12-2008, 09:26 AM
I know just what you mean :eep:

Quindiana Jones
10-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Not really, no. Most things aren't all mine, so it's not my place to deny other's freedom of speech.

I don't get on well with people who are a lot like me though, if that helps. Like, I really hate them. I think it may be that I find them really annoying, which doesn't reflect well on me. xD

aquatius
10-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't talk to annoying people enough for this to happen.

Vivisteiner
10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Just don't say 'No. Just no.' or 'Thats a given'.

Momiji
10-12-2008, 12:22 PM

lovehurts said 'No. Just no.' long before you. In your face. And other people did before him as well. Not only that, but I've been saying 'That's a given' for quite some time, long before I joined here. It's a common phrase; you can't 'trademark' it.

I hate it when people say they 'trademark' things when other people were saying it ages before they were.

So, no. Just no.

Aerith's Knight
10-12-2008, 12:49 PM

lovehurts said 'No. Just no.' long before you. In your face. And other people did before him as well.

Me included.

Momiji
10-12-2008, 12:50 PM

lovehurts said 'No. Just no.' long before you. In your face. And other people did before him as well.

Me included.

I rest my case.

So, if one could 'trademark' words, I'd trademark all articles, pronouns, and prepositions. Have fun!

Yar
10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't have phrases that I say a lot that I think would need trademarked. I do say "I've been there," quite often, though, especially when someone mentions an awkward or difficult situation, regardless of whether or not I've actually been there.

Denmark
10-12-2008, 03:27 PM
No. Just no.

Moon Rabbits
10-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I make vulgar your mom jokes a lot. I don't have to worry about people doing the same because:

a) I don't care
b) No one can compete with my endless amounts of vulgarity.

Rye
10-12-2008, 04:52 PM
My "things" are too weird to be copied, according to my friends, such as my Jewish mannerisms, my clumsiness, the scrunched up face I make when I'm mad, and my wishes to become Rihanna, Sarah Silverman, Japanese, and Norwegian simultaneously. :eek:

erikramza
10-12-2008, 05:01 PM
It's frustrating when you hang out with someone for enough time, they start picking up on your traits and mannerism(and you theirs, without noticing).

As far as sayings; who cares?
'No. Just no.' and 'That's a givin' are pretty widely accepted, albeit, generalized phrases that one could luckily go through a day without hearing. Unfortunately, luck is never on my side.

We all learned these words from the same language, kids. Let it go.

Vivisteiner
10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
No. Just no.

I was the one who started 'No. Just no.' all those years ago. (I only trademarked it recently though)

I didnt invent 'That's a given' though, I invented 'Thats a given'. And trademarked that. I've been saying it for decades as well.

erikramza
10-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok. Fine. I'll give you get credit. You created that annoying saying. Good job.
Are you happy now?

Vivisteiner
10-12-2008, 05:22 PM
^Yes. :D

Loony BoB
10-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I used to say "kafoofles" around my little sister when she was really young, as a silly word to use in the same way I'd normally use "bugger" or some cruder words. It was always jokey, and she started saying it too - she was about four or so at the time. I accused her of stealing my word, which she found very amusing. But it's okay - she gave it back to me for my Christmas present. One of the best presents I ever got. :)

bipper
10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
GOE!

<center>..?</center>

Peegee
10-15-2008, 02:59 AM
I'd care if people copied my sexors newbie, but they don't do it properly or with my level of wit.

Also I apparently (not intentionally because I had no idea what it meant) copied Del Murder's 'enforces' verb.

Exdeath
10-15-2008, 03:14 AM
I say the word gentlemen in a deep voice when walking twords friends. Its like the way I say hello.

Montoya
10-15-2008, 07:16 AM
I copy everyone. I am a Ditto. Even the stuff I thought I honestly thought I started, I find someone else had it first. :eep:

IronOcean
10-15-2008, 07:33 AM
i HATE when i start saying something then it pops up in a movie then it looks like i copied then i cries. it happens in every damned johna hill movie dammit

Kes
10-15-2008, 08:51 AM
I only dislike it when people copy others in an attempt to fit in or be cool and then proceed to completely miss the point. So it's not the copying, just the dumb.

I tend to turn into certain people if I hang out with them too much, which I've been doing a lot lately, but it's all good, really, since they're turning into me.

Flying Mullet
10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Awesomesauce, anyone?

Rantz
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Awesomesauce, anyone?

Yeah I created that.

Montoya
10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I tend to turn into certain people if I hang out with them too much, which I've been doing a lot lately, but it's all good, really, since they're turning into me.

Yes.

scrumpleberry
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM
I was saying awesomesauce long before I joined EoFF ;)

Nothing, really.

Cookie
10-15-2008, 08:03 PM
In situations like this, I hate people that do this kind of thing.

lovehurts said 'No. Just no.' long before you. In your face. And other people did before him as well. Not only that, but I've been saying 'That's a given' for quite some time, long before I joined here. It's a common phrase; you can't 'trademark' it.

I hate it when people say they 'trademark' things when other people were saying it ages before they were.

So, no. Just no.

Miriel
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM

Yeah, I don't even know if awesomesauce is even an internet thing. I first heard it (along with weaksauce) 8 years ago from one of my teachers.

I have a habit of retorting with, "your face!" Dunno when I started doing that... probably around the same time that I started attaching "face" to people's names. Daveface, Graceface, Lizface, Charlesface. Dunno why I do that.

I have a lot of idiosyncrasies, but I don't try and copyright them or anything.

Aerith's Knight
10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
"AK-"
"So is your face"
"That doesn't even make any sense."
"So is your face always makes sense."
"AK, That's just stupid."
"So is your face."

:cool:

Flying Mullet
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM

Yeah, I don't even know if awesomesauce is even an internet thing. I first heard it (along with weaksauce) 8 years ago from one of my teachers.
Exactly. I've heard people try to claim they invented that but I think that's like Al Gore saying he invented the internet.

Marshall Banana
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Maybe one day everyone will say, "Ne, _____...suki desu!" =O

Lawr
10-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Kerplode?

Dr. Acula
10-16-2008, 04:27 AM
If someone says something, I usually reply with "You're a ___" or "Your mum's a ___".

Here is an example:

Someone: "I'm annoyed."
Me: "You're annoyed."
Someone: "That was my point."
Me: "You're a point."

I also have a habit of saying "Put that in your pipe and smoke it!" after I've insulted someone. I'm so annoying.:D

Loony BoB
10-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Regarding the "your face" thing, yeah, I got into that through Dan in 2005, I believe.