PDA

View Full Version : Should i

Twilite99
10-12-2008, 05:36 PM
this is the hardest FF i have played. should i start a new game, why you ask?

i BARELY got to the salamander
i had to hack my game to beat him(all jobs)
still having trouble.

anyway, i plan on anyway. but what classes should each character be?
QUESTIONS
1. what class gives the best HP bonuses?
2. what is the most useless class
3. which of the 4 characters is the jack of all trades(like faris in ff5)

Wolf Kanno
10-12-2008, 07:02 PM

still having trouble.

QUESTIONS

Its challenging but its more about proper party pairings than anything. Experiment and have fun.

As for your questions...
1) Black Belt
2) There really is no useless class, its just their are times when certain classes work better in a given situation. If you needed an answer, its probably Freelancer as it give very few benefits.
3) I'd say its either Ingus or Refia.

Bahamut2000X
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Which version are you playing? Because if it's the NES it's easy once you know what your doing. My second playthrough was incredibly easy and I did it no ninjas or sages either. It's easy once you know the game mechanics and get the proper levels.

Depending on your version it'll change how you play the game though, so it'll be helpful if you post what your party set up is and your version.

Exdeath
10-15-2008, 09:38 PM

still having trouble.

QUESTIONS

Its challenging but its more about proper party pairings than anything. Experiment and have fun.

As for your questions...
1) Black Belt
2) There really is no useless class, its just their are times when certain classes work better in a given situation. If you needed an answer, its probably Freelancer as it give very few benefits.
3) I'd say its either Ingus or Refia.

Wait, you're saying that despite a job system, they have unique stats, too?

Wolf Kanno
10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Wait, you're saying that despite a job system, they have unique stats, too?

I'm assuming you are referring to question 4? I based it more on them being in the default class of Freelancer. Despite their stats saying they are the same, I feel its pretty evident (at least early on) that each of them has certain strengths. Arc seems better with magic and Ingus (I learned I was wrong about this) seems to have better physical offense than the others. Despite all their stats saying they are the same. Perhaps if you level them up more they will all become the same. I'm pretty new to FFIII so I cannot say I'm a real authority on how the system works.

Exdeath
10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
I was thinking that at first (Arc being better at magics), but I passed that off as an
assumption based on his appearance and personality. Y'now, the weak looking one is the brain.

Wolf Kanno
10-15-2008, 10:35 PM
I was thinking that at first (Arc being better at magics), but I passed that off as an
assumption based on his appearance and personality. Y'now, the weak looking one is the brain.
Thats what I was thinking as well but when I had him, Refia and Ingus all at the same level with the same equipment and with the same stats, Ingus did significantly higher damge than the other two and Arc easily did the poorest amount of damage even though logic says they should all be the same. It might just be my copy or even my imagination tbh.