PDA

View Full Version : I am not [Insert Body part here] freindly

ShunNakamura
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Might be a bit early to declare this, however, it looks like I once again have completely destroyed one of my fingernails. I was moving big ole heavy sandbags. The canvas bag was a bit torn, I was unaware I caught one of the canvas strings under-neth my finger and dropped the sandbag into place.

Hello to blood dripping down my finger. The nail also has some space between in and my finger and is slightly discolored. However, Having experience in these kinds of injuries I recognize that it isn't for sure going to come out. As long as I care for it it should be fine. Of course with my track record..... I went and shut it in a door just a little bit ago :(. Thankfully not too hard, but it still hurt!

Now, the topic is, do you have a part of re-occuring injury that makes you not [insert body part here] friendly? Do share!

NeoTifa
10-13-2008, 12:37 AM
i have a habit of getting sick. not really an injury, but im grouchy. well,... i stub my pinky toe alot :\

rubah
10-13-2008, 12:50 AM
I guess I'm pretty right foot unfriendly. I got a piece of rusty wire stuck in it, gouged it on a metal doorstop, and kinda landed with it forward when I semi-wiped out on my bike a few weeks ago xD

Arc_Master_14
10-13-2008, 01:04 AM
I definitely am not face friendly I walk into doors that i think are open that aren't a lot.

qwertysaur
10-13-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't get along with glass doors.

SilverWind
10-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Well, idk if this counts... My Right large toe had an infection about last summer I think. Summer 07. Anyway, I ended up getting half of it cut off, professionally..., and it eventually grew back, sorta. But then it got infected again. So I had it cut back again, and it grew back fine, but it was a little weak. Now, there's a crack in it, horizontally, which is kind of annoying, but it's been doing fine, so I suppose it's nothing to worry about.

ShunNakamura
10-13-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't get along with glass doors.

I definitely am not face friendly I walk into doors that i think are open that aren't a lot.

I was going to post a picture of Ryo-Ohki running into a glass door(At least that is what my memory tells me it was) that Vaern showed me a while back, but I can't find it online. So, You'll just have to deal with this excerpt from a book I read a while back. Together combined you could be this:

The back story of it is this. Girl while at a party goes head first through a glass door after a panic caused by a candle lighting one her friends' jacket on fire.

If only Missy hadn't made us pose for that ridiculous picture, Jo thought for the thousandth time as she left the lecture hall. The only thing I could pose for now is one of those Safety First ads. The caption underneath my picture could read, OPEN ALL GLASS DOORS BEFORE EXITING.

Not as good as Ryo-Ohki running into a glass door, but it should still be good for a short chuckle.

@SilverWind, That counts, though it sounds bit more serious than my original intentions were. Though I suppose if you can look back and chuckle at it then it is fine. I figured at least some EoFF'ers have chuckle worth injury moments that they somehow keep ending up in like some kind of anime character!

Momiji
10-13-2008, 02:08 AM
I hit my head a lot. -_-

Vermachtnis
10-13-2008, 02:39 AM
I don't wanna count how many times I take off running into the kitchen only to smack my head on an open cabinet.

And I'm constantly banging my knee on my dresser. If I set like a normal person instead of one leg tucked under the other and didn't swing around it wouldn't happen so much.

Jessweeee♪
10-13-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm always hitting my head on things >.>

It shows ;_;

kikimm
10-13-2008, 03:21 AM
I am not toe friendly. stub stub stub stub stub stub

o_O
10-13-2008, 03:43 AM
I destroy my ankle about once a month playing football, indoor football or indoor netball, and then play on it again before it's had time to heal, so my ankles have been in a fairly constant state this winter.

Madame Adequate
10-13-2008, 03:46 AM
When I was younger, head injuries we de rigeur.

Nowadays I tend to stub my toe though.

Mittopotahis
10-13-2008, 03:52 AM
Your nail injury reminded me of how when you hit your fingertip on something (or jam it) and you get that annoying white line that slowly moves up your nail over time.

I like to ration my injuries all over my body so one bit doesn't feel picked on.

Værn
10-14-2008, 12:35 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/Vaern/ro34.jpg
Picture relevant.
Somehow.

Moon Rabbits
10-14-2008, 02:25 AM
I cut, crush, pull, or pulverize my fingers routinely :(

erikramza
10-14-2008, 02:47 AM
My poor, poor left knee.
Little guy keeps on trying!

Laddy
10-14-2008, 02:48 AM
I am not ass friendly.

Because I'm far too sexy to look like one.

Peegee
10-14-2008, 02:54 AM
Thankfully not one part of my body -- I would not have it any more.

I am literally covered with scars. My legs look like I was shot -- Repeatedly. I once spent half a year where once a month I would think 'what does it feel like to staple yourself? OWWW'

Tama2
10-14-2008, 04:37 AM
My fingers always seem to get smashed, cut, burned, and twisted. It's quite fun having packaging tape melt onto your finger. :mad2:

~*~Celes~*~
10-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Fingers, toes, ankles, and head seem to be my targets =[