PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures Game of the Year Edition

Vermachtnis
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Ripped off of Inspired by the other Guilty Pleasures thread, what are some games you play that you wouldn't usually admit to playing.

Me, I like Golf games. And not just Mario Golf or Hot Shots Golf, I like actuall golf games like Tiger Woods. And I usually shun sports games with a passion, but something about golf games are just fun to me.

Slothy
10-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Are you kidding. One of the best multiplayer experiences I ever had was playing a golf game on the PSX with some of my cousins and my uncle. We all sucked and couldn't stop laughing about it and making fun of each other.

As for games I wouldn't usually admit to playing... I can't think of any to be honest. I have no problem admitting to all of the things I've played over the years.

Roto13
10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Gameplay over everything, bitches.

Though I may avoid playing Final Fantasy X-2 around friends and family. They wouldn't understand....

Dreddz
10-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Nearly every game I play I normally wouldn't admit to. But I guess Arcana Hearts is one I'd be deeply ashamed and embarrassed by if people knew I played and loved the hell out of it.

Rantz
10-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Solitaire. :-[

scrumpleberry
10-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I, uh, actually can't think of any. Which is weird because I normally can for this sort of thing.

black orb
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
>>> Back then I used to play and enjoy lots of crappy SNES games..
The only one i can remember right now was a Wayne's World game.

Yar
10-13-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't know, really! :D I don't know that I play many embarrassing games. Maybe Sims 2, if only for the amount of time I spend playing it.

o_O
10-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Tombi and Tombi 2. :p

DK
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Tombi and Tombi 2. :p

shut your whore mouth Tombi was badass

Aerith's Knight
10-14-2008, 01:15 AM
>_>

<_<

>_>

I like to play minesweeper, try and do expert(always lose with 5 bombs left though)

*flees*

Wolf Kanno
10-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Possibly Gungrave. Good story/visuals but the gameplay is beyond shallow.

Most people don't realize that I have a terribly weakness for musical/ rhythm games. I even have Mad Maestro which is surprisingly difficult considering how simple the game is. :cool:

Tama2
10-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Gameplay over everything, bitches.

Though I may avoid playing Final Fantasy X-2 around friends and family. They wouldn't understand....

Agreed.

Realm25
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Pokemon games, from the old regular Gameboy down to the DS. I'm 26, and my friends and such would just criticize me for playing "little kids games" and then probably proceed to tease about watching the cartoon, which I dont actually. I hate the cartoon, think the card game is retarded, but for some reason I love the video games.

Laddy
10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I find FFVII being my fav FF despite me dislking so many things about it kinda weird.

Mercen-X
10-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Games I've played but wouldn't admit to? None that I know of.
There are games I want to play like Sonic or Megaman... wait, I know. I bought and continue to play Musashi Samurai Warrior even though everyone complains that it is an inferior cloner rip-off of the original. It makes me want to see another Musashi installment.

Dolentrean
10-14-2008, 06:29 PM
>_>

<_<

>_>

I like to play minesweeper, try and do expert(always lose with 5 bombs left though)

*flees*

I love minesweeper, I am so pathetically addicted that I once beat easy in four seconds... (or was it 6, I can't recall)

Wolf Kanno
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Pokemon games, from the old regular Gameboy down to the DS. I'm 26, and my friends and such would just criticize me for playing "little kids games" and then probably proceed to tease about watching the cartoon, which I dont actually. I hate the cartoon, think the card game is retarded, but for some reason I love the video games.

Its because the games are badass. :cool:

XxSephirothxX
10-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Golf: Tee It Up! on XBLA is dumb and cutesy looking but is actually really fun, intuitive, and arcadey.

Fate Fatale
10-15-2008, 03:28 AM
I have a totally cool Sailor Moon RPG ROM on my computer. It's actually pretty tough.

JKTrix
10-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Arcana Heart and Pokemon were the first to come to mind for me too :p They're so good, but probably send 'pedo' signals to laymen.

krissy
10-16-2008, 08:25 AM
flash hentai games

you all wanted to say it anyway

Cyric
10-21-2008, 03:05 AM
I dunno if there is any game in particular that I'd be "ashamed" to play in front of people...I guess the closest thing would be that I have all 5 seasons of the Japanese version of the Sailor Moon anime on my computer. Season 5 being my favourite (lesbians and swearing and death, OH MY!), followed by Season 3, and then Season 1. Anything that focusses TOO much on Chibi Moon, I can't freakin' stand (ie. Seasons 2 & 4)...plus all the movies, and all 51 episodes of the Live-Action version as well...