PDA

View Full Version : MEALS

zaqwert
10-14-2008, 03:33 AM
um, so the other day I was eating a meal with my brother and I noticed he has this strange habit of eating the good stuff first. So I was like, hey you save the best stuff for last! And he's all, so what I like going for the good stuff first! And by good stuff I meant food like desserts!

so, this brings up my topic... how do you eat your meals? Do you usually save the best, favorite, dessert, etc for later or do you finish them right away?

Yar
10-14-2008, 03:34 AM
Eat the best, skip the rest. :eep:

erikramza
10-14-2008, 03:42 AM
eat healthy.... or lots of meat. no dessert.

Miriel
10-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Eat the best, skip the rest. :eep:

I don't like food, I love it. If I don't love it, I don't swallow.

Tavrobel
10-14-2008, 04:05 AM
Miriel, your post could cause misunderstandings in so many wrong ways.

I consume my food in a timely manner, spacing out percentages of food per bite, so that I always wind up with at least everything. Good stuff comes last, because, it's the good stuff. Leave the room on a high note.

Momiji
10-14-2008, 04:09 AM
I usually start with stuff I like, but just a few bites of it. Then I eat the stuff I don't like as much, then I go back to the stuff I like. This also applies to multiple samplings of desserts as well. Anything with strawberry gets saved for last.

kikimm
10-14-2008, 04:11 AM
I try to simultaneously save the best for last while keeping it from going cold. I eat very slowly, unfortunately, so this is kind of a problem.

Shlup
10-14-2008, 04:27 AM
My husband likes to eat the best stuff first because he says he can enjoy it more when he's more hungry. I try to rotate but definitely save at least some of the best for last.

Tama2
10-14-2008, 04:31 AM
I eat randomly.

Except for hamburgers. I eat the outside edge before the the nice tasty inside.

:d

~*~Celes~*~
10-14-2008, 04:45 AM
I tend to rotate...I start with the good stuff and then I move on to the not-so-favorite, then back to the good stuff.

Shlup
10-14-2008, 05:03 AM
OMG THIS THREAD JUST REMINDED ME I HAVE LEFT OVER HONEY BBQ SIRLOIN IN THE FRIDGE I AM SO EXCITED I LOVE FOOD!

rubah
10-14-2008, 05:51 AM
I typically follow main dish -> dessert. auxiliery foods can come before, during, or after the main dish.

Mittopotahis
10-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I save the best for last, it definitely serves as motivation to eat the icky stuff first. :D

Jiro
10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Best for last, unless I get really sick of the bad stuff, then I eat some good stuff to keep me going :D

blackmage_nuke
10-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Most of the time i save the best for last but if there is alot of food or i am not very hungry then i'll eat the favourite first or in the middle incase I finish the bad stuff and im too full to finish the good stuff.

Blue Harvest
10-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I don't eat stuff I don't like.

Loony BoB
10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
A good dinner tastes better than a good dessert in most cases. As for individual items around a plate, it all depends on how hot they will be and for how long. The hot things that are going to cool off very quickly get eaten first, to avoid having to eat them cold. Then the other hot things. Then cold. If I have anything cold. Also, never have the most filling foods first if you can help it because that will ruin the rest of your dinner.

But desserts are never that great. I'd take a quality mashed potato over a quality icecream on most evenings.

EDIT: Also, making your own food and buying your own food means you rarely if ever have to have anything you don't like. Yay for growin' up.

Rantz
10-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Like BoB, I'd rather have more of the main dish than take a dessert. I don't eat in any particular fashion. I used to have trouble concentrating on more than one dish at a time, which meant I ate one dish for a good while before realizing I had other dishes on the plate. I'm still that way with drinking (I forget to drink until I'm done eating), but I rotate more with food now.

Loony BoB
10-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh, I always drink as little as possible while having a meal or before it. Save it for the end when you wash the last bits down. :p

zaqwert
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I usually save most of my drinks for later, though I do end up drinking some after I eat a good portion of my meal, but I usually end up finishing my drink before I finish my meal.