PDA

View Full Version : Mother 3 Fanslation patch due out this week

Roto13
10-15-2008, 04:47 AM
The Tanooki » Mother 3 translation finally due this week (http://www.thetanooki.com/2008/10/14/mother-3-translation-finally-due-this-week/)

Discuss.

Momiji
10-15-2008, 04:49 AM
I can't wait! :heart:

Karellen
10-15-2008, 05:17 AM
There hasn't been a game released in years that I've wanted to play more then this.

ShunNakamura
10-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Thank all that is good and holy for fan-translations. Now I got to keep on eye on both this and Mirror Moon for the Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel Translation!

I seriously would be depressed without fan-translations. We would have no Fate/Stay Night, no Utawarerumono, and no Mother 3 just to name a few. I mean really, so many good games just never get brought over :(.

However, this does have me itching to give it a go!

.:kerrod:.
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
i've been following this for a long time, i'm not as pumped for it as i used to be, but it will still be awesome :bigsmile:

The Ceej
10-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Wasn't this supposed to be released on the N64 back in 1999? I thought they gave up on it. My God, how long does it take Nintendo to release a game, these days? I thought Square had been taking their sweet-ass time.

Roto13
10-15-2008, 06:48 PM
That game was cancelled and another one was made for the GBA and released in Japan. There's no plan to release it in North America.

The Ceej
10-15-2008, 06:50 PM
So, does it have the same storyline? Is it the same game or something completely different?

Bolivar
10-15-2008, 10:10 PM
So, does it have the same storyline? Is it the same game or something completely different?

Depends on who the translator is. Depending on how strict he/she attempt to stay to the original Japanese, a wide array of very different experiences can be gathered from the same script.

I feel happy for all you nerds (*goes back to Dragon Quest).

Dreddz
10-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Well its nice to see that some people are getting rewarded for their patience. I've waited 10 years for the Policenauts translation and still have nothing. If patience is a virtue, then why does it hurt so much?

Roto13
10-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey.

It's out. :P

MOTHER 3 / EarthBound 2 Fan Translation (http://mother3.fobby.net/)

Momiji
10-17-2008, 06:54 PM
No luck finding a rom for it though.

Krelian
10-17-2008, 06:58 PM
I've never played Earthbound, but I'll give this game a try. That's the most professional looking fan translation project I've seen so far.

Momiji
10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
You should try Earthbound while you're at it, then. :p

Roto13
10-17-2008, 07:03 PM
No luck finding a rom for it though.

If you can't find something as simple as a ROM of Mother 3, you're a complete internet failure. :P

Momiji
10-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not trying that hard right now. xD

I'd look up a torrent of it, but uTorrent doesn't work on campus; I need to wait until I get home.

Krelian
10-17-2008, 07:15 PM
You should try Earthbound while you're at it, then. :p
Yeah, I think I will. Found the rom in under 5 minutes btw :P It's kind of big for a GBA game, I thought so at least.

Momiji
10-17-2008, 07:17 PM
...GBA? I was searching under SNES. x_x

*searches*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ShunNakamura
10-17-2008, 08:40 PM

*searches*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Momiji that is like an epic fail right there! I mean even their blog points out that it is a GBA game?!

Sorry just can't help it. Epic Fails are so fun to laugh at(even when I am the one failing). Such as my 'wrong' button habit.... oh boy was that ever bad.

MOTHER 3 Maniac Quiz MOTHER 3 Maniac Quiz (http://mother3.fobby.net/quiz/)

A translation of a quiz from Itoi’s site. If you can answer all of the quiz questions before you’ve even had a chance to play with the patch, please seek psychiatric attention.

Moon Rabbits
10-17-2008, 08:57 PM
I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG.

Momiji
10-17-2008, 10:56 PM

*searches*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Momiji that is like an epic fail right there! I mean even their blog points out that it is a GBA game?!

Sorry just can't help it. Epic Fails are so fun to laugh at(even when I am the one failing). Such as my 'wrong' button habit.... oh boy was that ever bad.

Quiet, you. I was at college the whole time there and was distracted. Sue me.

Roto13
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
There's no excuse for your epic, epic fail. :P

ShunNakamura
10-17-2008, 11:22 PM
I can excuse it this time due to over-excitement. Game is actually more entertaining than I was truthfully expecting(I prefer to go into games with a bit of a jaded view. Too often disappointed).

Still haven't quite gotten the knack of those combo's yet... but I was never good at those kinds of things to start with :/.

.:kerrod:.
10-18-2008, 02:43 AM
i'm playing! i'm playing! xD look at me go!

krissy
10-19-2008, 05:56 AM
i never finished/really started earthbound

but this seems ok so far!
see me drop it in two days

it's very depressing

Dignified Pauper
10-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Can I just say that chapter one is ridiculously sad. Like, so sad.

This game seems to have promise of a lot of depth. I'm not too far into it, but I am really liking it so far. Still haven't figured out the combo stuff though.

NeoCracker
10-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Can I just say that chapter one is ridiculously sad. Like, so sad.

This game seems to have promise of a lot of depth. I'm not too far into it, but I am really liking it so far. Still haven't figured out the combo stuff though.

It was sad yes, though the humor outweighed the sorrow.

Chapter 1 The Good News is I found this Drago tooth. It can be used for a powerful weapon.

The Bad News is I found it in your wifes chest.

Am I bad for finding that hilarious?

Dignified Pauper
10-19-2008, 11:36 PM
I found it hilarious. The game is filled with moments like this so far, but it doesn't take away from the great depth it has. Like, this is far better than Earthbound so far.

NeoCracker
10-19-2008, 11:47 PM
I hate to say this, but I think you are right. xD

Though I'm having issues beating the damn ghost composer with Duster.

Dignified Pauper
10-20-2008, 12:54 AM
I still cannot figure out the combo system. I'm asking google for help.

Araciel
10-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm getting it *SQUEEE*

Krelian
10-20-2008, 04:48 PM
I actually wanted to start Earthbound first before playing this, but I figured I could as well start with Mother 1, since I haven't played any of the Mother games. Has any of you played the first game?

Dignified Pauper
10-20-2008, 10:39 PM
the first one isn't that great, imho. Just look up the story plot online.

Zeromus_X
10-21-2008, 05:07 AM

I was confused about it at first too. Apparently you have to press the A Button in time with the beat of the current battle BGM. Apparently later on there's an item that lets you practice doing the combos against different enemies.

NeoCracker
10-21-2008, 10:12 AM

I was confused about it at first too. Apparently you have to press the A Button in time with the beat of the current battle BGM. Apparently later on there's an item that lets you practice doing the combos against different enemies.

Not quite. Each monster has a different sound rythem, the only way to hear it is to put them to sleep.

At least it is during Dusters Chapter, I stopped paying that much attention to it. But you would use dusters Hypno Pendalum, put them to sleep, and then here the beat.

I think in Boss battles its the BGM though, since some can't be put to sleep.

Dignified Pauper
10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I will try my luck again in a little bit. Maybe it is emulator lag, because I sing and can find beats well, then again, rhythm is also my worse thing... so maybe i really do suck.

Karellen
10-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Use headphones. They make a world of difference.

Roogle
10-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I heard that emulator lag will cause increased difficulty in utilizing the combo system. That may be the problem.

I finished this game over the weekend and I thought that the translation was done as professionally as an official release from Nintendo, so I think that it was worth the wait and I strongly support any translations from that team from this point forward.

NeoCracker
10-22-2008, 04:58 PM
I almost suggest that you should all go read through all the updates. I am seriously shocked at how amazingly done this was given the problems that came up with the hacking.

For starters, none of the original hackers on the project were around, and when they finally dropped off it they showed virtually no work had been done.

Then, Tomato, the translater on the project, was left to do most of the hacking. And he had virtually know hacking experience.

To top it off, many other known and established hackers for fan translations turned down his requests for help because of how much of a mess the games coding was. :p

sdm42393
10-24-2008, 01:53 AM
My computer doesn't have sound... so I guess I'm screwed until my sound card decides to work >_>

NeoCracker
10-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Did you try reinstalling your sound driver?

Happened to me the last two times Vista updated. :p

sdm42393
10-24-2008, 08:20 PM
I did about a month ago and it still didn't work, so I guess I will try again when I get the chance. But I have been playing it on my dad's computer and it's hard for me to believe this was a fan-translation. ^_^

Dignified Pauper
10-25-2008, 04:06 AM
Did it bother anyone else when Lucas met the Magyspies (sp) in the hot springs for the first time... uh... I mean... sounded suggestive to me.

NeoCracker
10-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Did it bother anyone else when Lucas met the Magyspies (sp) in the hot springs for the first time... uh... I mean... sounded suggestive to me.

Not in the slightest. I thought he just made cupcakes.

Moon Rabbits
10-25-2008, 03:27 PM
the first one isn't that great, imho. Just look up the story plot online.

Or, you know, don't. As far as I know it has nothing whatsoever to do with either Mother 2 (EarthBound) or Mother 3 . . . and actually, isn't EarthBound just a rehashing of Mother 1?

NeoCracker
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
No its not, stories are notably different and completely unrelated. :p

2 and 3, however, are actually connected. :p

On another note, just beat it. Ending was a bit of a dissapointment, though the lead up was really awesome.

And PK Ground is horribley, horribley Cheesy. If you want the last few bosses to pose a challenge, don't use it. :p

Roto13
10-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Isn't the Giygas from Mother the same character as the one from Mother 2?

NeoCracker
10-30-2008, 02:24 AM
No. :p

They used a lot of similar names and such, but thats it.

Moon Rabbits
11-03-2008, 03:11 AM
I'm just beginning Chapter 7 and it's retained a certain amount of quality throughout the entire game so far, but I'm starting to get a little bored because the story is sort of dragging on ... not enough is being revealed.

Magypsies, it turns out, are the single greatest race of characters ever invented.

And I agree with Marick ... everything they say is so unbelievably suggestive.