PDA

View Full Version : Extra "Mozilla has been updated!" tab won't go away

Flying Mullet
10-15-2008, 07:31 PM
As the thread title says, the extra tab Mozilla shows after an update letting your know the update is complete never goes away. For the last couple of weeks whenever I fire up Mozilla I have two tabs pull up, the "Update successful" tab and the home page tab. Usually it only shows up the first time you fire up Mozilla after your update, but no luck there.

Does anyone know how to remove that "Update Successful" tab?

rubah
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
what's your homepage set to? maybe it's set in there since you can have multiple pages open in tabs on start.

Flying Mullet
10-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Only one page set for my home page. Good thought, though.

crono_logical
10-17-2008, 03:58 AM
What is your mozilla set to do when you re-open it, blank page, home page, or all tabs/windows open from last time? Try messing about with that open and restarting mozilla a few times :p

To me, it sounds like it's trying to remember stuff from last time but for some reason can't write your prefs correctly/at all when you close it, so it ends up opening the same thing as last time :p Does it happen if you create a new user profile? I could be wrong though :p

Flying Mullet
10-17-2008, 02:00 PM
It's set to show my homepage, which only has one url defined.

I'll see what a new user profile does.

I guess I can also check to see if there are any updates for the browser itself available.

Roto13
10-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Silly Mullet. You HAVE the latest version. It's just been updated!

Flying Mullet
10-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Maybe another update has come out in the last month? :roll:

crono_logical
10-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Well I still haven't updated to 3.0.3 since I'm too lazy to restart the browser :p