PDA

View Full Version : pop goes the weasel

rubah
10-16-2008, 05:35 AM
I had to pop my back just now, once for each leg for having sat so long trying to figure out how to graph this skullsskullskulls for materials. It felt a lot better afterwards (bend over in a toe-touch, touch one side then the other to pop the opposite side).

Do you have to do this a lot? Or are you just a nervous tension finger cracker type?

Chemical
10-16-2008, 05:49 AM
I've been scared to believe that "popping" will increase the wear & tear experienced by synnovial joints and ultimately increase the onset of oseoarthritis (a degenerative disease noted by the decline in synnovial fluid and ultimately characterized by the two articulating bones grinding against eachother resulting in the inflamation of the joints, aka. arthritis [arth- meaning joint and -itis meaning inflammation].)

So no ~ If anything my "pops" are infrequent and involuntary.

EDIT:

Also, my anatomy and physiology teachers have freaked me into believing that hyperextension of the spine's intervertebrael fibrocartilagenous joints (or 'disks') can increase the likely hood of a disk slipping causing nerves to be "pinched" by the two articulating vertebral bodies, and a severely painful tinge.

Denmark
10-16-2008, 05:58 AM
I crack nearly every joint in my body.