PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Hudson making Horror game "The Calling" for the Wii.

KentaRawr!
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
And here is the article, with videos tucked inside! (http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/2008/10/hudson-to-announce-new-horror-title-for.html)

Now look, before I comment on this I must warn you that the second video genuinely freaked me out. As much as it doesn't look like it's an actual game, it's creepy. It contains a scary hand under a bed which will scare you, a creepy doll that knocks over a picture, and a girl that kills you and others. It's SPOOKY! Be warned.

Anyhow, the game itself doesn't really look real. The movements of the cursor are really un-lifelike, and the camera seems to move on its own, without control. This could just be an on-rails thing, or it could be a concept video, or worst-case scenario (for people who want the game) it's totally fake.

Anywho, discuss.

Dreddz
10-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I can't help but wonder why someone would stick their hand underneath the bed before having a look to see who's under it. I would of been out the window in a heat beat if I witnessed all of that.

How much of the game is scripted, do you get free control over where you go. It didn't look like it from those videos (Ok I only saw the second one but I knew it was going to be the best from Kentarou's reaction). I'm totally down with a first-person Fatal Frame though. Nintendo are slowly reeling me in with their fish bait now.

KentaRawr!
10-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Seriously, I totally agree on the hand thing. What the crud was he thinking?

Anyway, it looks like a lot of it is scripted based off of the third video. The camera guy starts turning his head desperately to see where's what and so such, and it didn't look like it was being controlled. Maybe at certain parts during gameplay, the game seamlessly has a cinematic start? Or perhaps cinematics only start when you've done something that'll make you die, like open the door?

Edit: Actually, no, I take that back. It seems more like a lot of the game is a cinematic, and then things happen that trigger gameplay.