PDA

View Full Version : World of Goo

Roto13
10-17-2008, 06:04 AM
Who has played it?

I played the (rather generous) demo (http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php?topic=378.0) and I loved it. :P I'm going to pick up a Wii Points card and get it. It's more expensive than most other WiiWare games, but if the rest of the game is as good as the first world, it's worth it.

DrDeath in Despair
10-18-2008, 04:04 AM
What can you tell me about the game, becuase I don't know if I will get the Demo or not.

Roto13
10-18-2008, 04:35 AM
It's free and it's not that big. :P But here's a trailer (http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/kk91N6wt7fz0EGNNRc), anyway.

KoShiatar
10-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Roto, the link doesn't work properly...

KentaRawr!
10-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes it does. :o

ljkkjlcm9
10-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I have only heard good things about this game... and it's suppose to be like 8-10 hours long. It's suppose to be the best WiiWare title. I'll prolly get it, I don't have many WiiWare titles.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
10-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Roto, the link doesn't work properly...

They both work for me. :p

Dreddz
10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
This game is averaging 97 on metacritic......that's insane. What the hell is wrong with Nintendo and their Wiiware service. They never pull attention towards Wiiware so great games like this get no attention. Its a shame, really.

Moon Rabbits
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
I played it last night, the game is great. We only managed to play through the first world, but it was rather challenging near the end. I can only imagine what it's like later on.

I really like the "Corporation" world or whatever, where you're awarded more goo as you progress through the game and you compete with others to create the largest tower. Pretty tops, all around.

Roto13
10-20-2008, 01:06 AM
I played it last night, the game is great. We only managed to play through the first world, but it was rather challenging near the end. I can only imagine what it's like later on.

I really like the "Corporation" world or whatever, where you're awarded more goo as you progress through the game and you compete with others to create the largest tower. Pretty tops, all around.

One of the great things about this game is that it keeps introducing new tricks and gameplay mechanics the whole way through. (I'm at the end of the fourth world of five, but the fifth world is an "Epilogue" so I don't know exactly how much content there is in it.) This keeps the game feeling like you just started playing for the first time, even that late in the game. :P

Moon Rabbits
10-20-2008, 04:40 AM

One of the great things about this game is that it keeps introducing new tricks and gameplay mechanics the whole way through. (I'm at the end of the fourth world of five, but the fifth world is an "Epilogue" so I don't know exactly how much content there is in it.) This keeps the game feeling like you just started playing for the first time, even that late in the game. :P

Yeah, I was really digging the new concepts they continually introduced. Almost every level in the first world introduced something new (balloons, the green ones, etc. etc.)

I don't have the game on my machine, but from what I played, the chain level in the first world was my favorite.