PDA

View Full Version : Ack, Mah Nails!

Yar
10-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Yep, I bite them. :| Sometimes too far down, too. :(

Then it sucks if I need to scratch somewhere or open a can of pop and I have no fingernails. :eep: How embarrassing.

Do you bite your finger/toenails?

Momiji
10-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Nope. I sometimes bite my right index knuckle when I'm nervous though.

Vermachtnis
10-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Yea I bite off my fingernails all the time. Gotten pretty good at opening soda with fingernails too. :p

Sir Lancealot
10-21-2008, 01:10 AM
I did, but stopped a few mounths back.

rubah
10-21-2008, 01:11 AM
I don't bite my toenails. I'll peel them off if they get long, but I don't relish biting them much. I do bite my fingernails, but usually only when I'm watching a scary movie or they start to break.

scrumpleberry
10-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Nope. I replaced the "something to do" aspect of biting my nails when I was young by just inspecting them, pushing back my cuticles and cleaning out any stuff under them.

Bunny
10-21-2008, 01:35 AM
I try very hard not to.

Psychotic
10-21-2008, 02:02 AM
I don't bite the nail itself, but I do sometimes bite the skin on my finger to the side of the nail.

Yar
10-21-2008, 02:03 AM
I don't bite the nail itself, but I do sometimes bite the skin on my finger to the side of the nail.

I do that when I'm an emotional wreck. Then I tear it off, it begins to bleed, and it burns till the skin grows back. :(

My fingers are hideous.

~*~Celes~*~
10-21-2008, 02:24 AM
I bite my nails if I'm really nervous or really bored. I haven't been doing it near as much as I used to.

Rye
10-21-2008, 02:25 AM

I do that and biting, it's horrible. I have such horrible fingers. They only look nice when I have fake nails.

Moon Rabbits
10-21-2008, 04:21 AM
I bite my nails all the time because I am an anxious nervous wreck. Unless I have my nails painted, in which case that is gross.

I do this too, but only if I'm really nervous about something.

This whole thread grosses me out even though I'm a nail biter. I find it one of the most repulsive things ever.

Peegee
10-21-2008, 04:34 AM
That's an annoying habit to watch. I'm usually libertarian about such things but just don't do it in front of me. I'll make a face and glare at you.

(big threat there)

This one time I cut my nails short and tried to open a door. My finger got caught and I ripped my nail and blood came out. Good thing it was the mall where my physician was.

Yar
10-21-2008, 04:36 AM
That's an annoying habit to watch. I'm usually libertarian about such things but just don't do it in front of me. I'll make a face and glare at you.PG, don't be azn in front of me. I'll make a face and glare at you, too. :tongue:

Peegee
10-21-2008, 04:41 AM
That's an annoying habit to watch. I'm usually libertarian about such things but just don't do it in front of me. I'll make a face and glare at you.PG, don't be azn in front of me. I'll make a face and glare at you, too. :tongue:

Chemical tried to show me something in her medical what's-it book but couldn't find it.

It did remind me of how disgusting it is underneath your nails. Ew you eat that stuff. Ew..

EW

Moon Rabbits
10-21-2008, 04:51 AM

Chemical tried to show me something in her medical what's-it book but couldn't find it.

It did remind me of how disgusting it is underneath your nails. Ew you eat that stuff. Ew..

EW

Hence being the most repulsive habit ever. Although, it's not like I'm swallowing the nails. That would just be ... ewwwwwwwww more.

DarkLadyNyara
10-21-2008, 08:41 AM
I bite my nails and cuticles, often to the point where they bleed. I also tend to gnaw on hangnails, which, needless to say, just makes them worse. I've stopped several times, but it never sticks.

Rantz
10-21-2008, 09:28 AM
I bite my nails if I'm really nervous or really bored. I haven't been doing it near as much as I used to.

This plus the skin thing under worse conditions.

o_O
10-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I gave it up cold turkey when I was about five, because my parents promised to take me to a theme park if I did.

Moon Rabbits
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I gave it up cold turkey when I was about five, because my parents promised to take me to a theme park if I did.

Did they?

Loony BoB
10-21-2008, 01:19 PM
People... bite... toenails? That's disgusting.

I don't bite my nails.

KoShiatar
10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I used to bite my nails when I was a kid, but then my teeth started aching...

NeoTifa
10-21-2008, 04:47 PM
i dont bite my nails anymore. braces make that painful. it used to be a bad habit. i have fairly pretty hands, especially when my nails grow out a bit. biting your nails too much make your fingers blow up and i think thats gross.

Fujiko
10-21-2008, 04:51 PM
>< what makes you want to bite them in the first place? Nervousness? Something else?

Zeldy
10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
I have never bitten my nails, and I really don't see the attraction xD I like having nails that are long enough to paint, thanks. It is the most disgusting habit ever, it's so revolting.

Quindiana Jones
10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I bite them. I didn't bite them when I was on holiday away from my family. I did bite them when I was on holiday with my family.

I think I know why I bite them.

Moon Rabbits
10-21-2008, 09:52 PM
People... bite... toenails? That's disgusting.

I don't bite my nails.

Actually, that is disgusting. More so than biting fingernails. And a little weird. I don't even think I can reach my toes with my mouth. :confused:

kikimm
10-21-2008, 11:56 PM
I sometimes bite my thumbnails, but that's just biting. Not tearing or ripping. I, too, do what Paul does. I bite the skin quite a bit when anxious or sometimes angry. :P

o_O
10-22-2008, 12:04 AM

Did they?

Yeah except like, 3 years later. :p

kikimm
10-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Was it Rainbow's End?

Psychotic
10-22-2008, 12:12 AM
This god damn thread is making me want to do it.

Jess
10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
God yes. I try so hard not to, but sometimes I do it without even realising. I want long pretty nails which I can paint and :love:. but nooo. I bite my nails so far down I often cause myself to bleed, and I bite the skin around the fingers. ;__;

It's so bad. I think, more than anything, I have an oral fixation. I bite my nails, bite my lip, smoke, constantly have chewing gum/lollipops/hard sweets, chew on pens and in my sleep I grind my teeth. :( Ughhhhhhhh.

Iceglow
10-22-2008, 12:40 AM
The only time I bite my nails is when I've managed to do something like split one at work I cannot stand my nails being uneven and such when doing anything it feels wierd and looks horrid so I'll bite the nail off shorter just to round it out, I got very good at neatly chewing the entire tip of a nail off in a perfect almost smooth strip from one side to the other doing so. HMV is good for fun and money bad for nails I don't understand how the women I work with cope with their nails (some have french mannicures) Then again I'm on one of the most physically demanding departments (my forearms from elbow to wrist are currently black and blue or more the yellows of old bruising from my job) I prefer to trim my nails with scissors though whenever possible and will even get a pair at work and trim a nail down even if I am dis-satisfied with the state of them. I am lucky though, my nails grow perfectly shaped (not square ended like most girls like these days but perfectly in the round end sense of the perfect) so I generally don't appear to be that bad.

o_O
10-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Was it Rainbow's End?

Heck yes it was Rainbow's End! It's where my adventure began. :D

Chemical
10-22-2008, 01:46 PM
hands are pretty dirty and there are a lot of mico-organisms that proliferate beneath your nails. Chewing on the nails just exposes you to those mico-organisms inreasing the chance of infection and illness. Plus biting your nails can apparently lead to worms (for the same reason).

I try not to bite my nails - but I have a horrible oral fixation.
Try gum instead.

scrumpleberry
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I DID IT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A YEAR YESTERDAY GODDAMN YOU EoFF

But seriously. I was talking to this friend who literally does nothing but bite her nails. SHe's bitten them so much that they're literally half a centimetre long, and her fingers are all swollen all around them. It's horrible. But she's been trying to stop, and she always shows me dead proudly whenever her nails grow a bit. This is a lifelong biter! It is possible! Maybe you should get your friends to give you abuse about it!

Shiny
10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I use to bite my nails, but now I let them grow out. There's definitely pros and cons to having long nails though. I liked it better when my nails were shorter cuz then they wouldn't get caught in my sleeves.

Yuffie514
10-28-2008, 06:42 AM
I used to have the habit to bite my fingernails instead of clipping them. Now I do the opposite, but I will revert to the former if I don't have any clips with me.