PDA

View Full Version : A little help would be nice

Iceglow
10-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Hi guys, cheers for reading. Ok so this sounds odd but I need help configuring EpsxE emulator on my laptop. Now for the record the games I am playing are old PS1 games I happen to own and one or two titles which were unavailable in the uk. I have mostly configured my emulator to a nice standard however I have found a small problem. Whilst on games such as FFVIII I can hear sound during FMV's just fine during FMV's on Final Fantasy Tactics and Front Mission 3 I cannot hear any sound. Normally I'd say this doesn't bother me but I am bothered because I know FM3 had awesome FMVs and I wish to enjoy them in full and since it's my first FFT play through I'd be happier with them too in full. Heres the plugin's I downloaded for it:

Video: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77

Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.

I've played around with several sound/video plugins these two are giving me so far satisfactorial results if you can suggest better here's a synopsis of my laptop:

Processor: AMD Turion X2 Dual core mobile RM-70 2.0GHZ
Ram: 3.00 GB
Graphics chipset: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Sound card: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 (standard built in sound processor chips on motherboard unfortunately)

So therefore any suggestion from other users of this emulator which might help me out some would be very welcome.

o_O
10-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Ok, the graphics plugin you're using is quite old considering DX10 is out, so I'd update that first. You can find the best plugins <a href="http://www.ngemu.com/plugins.php?cat=1&os=win32&type=gpu">here</a>. I have a personal affinity to Pete's OpenGL plugins; your graphics chip is integrated, so I'd avoid OpenGL2 and go for the one in the Pete's GPU Plugins pack. If you don't want to use OpenGL then the DirectX ones work fine too but I'd definitely recommend Pete's plugins as the best.

As for sound, I've consistently found that the Eternal SPU gives the most similar output to a real Playstation, and it also one of the most stable. P.E.Op.S. DSound is decent as well but nothing's better than Eternal. :p You can get the sound plugins <a href="http://www.ngemu.com/plugins.php?cat=1&os=win32&type=spu">here</a>.

Aerith's Knight
10-21-2008, 01:34 AM
I use spuPeopsSound.dll and it has always worked fine.

See above. ^_^

o_0 is too fast for me. :p

Iceglow
10-21-2008, 01:44 AM
What about the issue with the no sound in FMV's? any suggestions?

EDIT: o_O I actually have the Petes pack thats on that site I tried configuring the Open GL version in there and it gave me issues when I done so, For example using the same settings or similar settings as the one I currently use I had problems with the world map in FFVIII where certain areas would be voids and hills ect wouldn't display properly hence I am using that DX6 video driver.

o_O
10-21-2008, 01:57 AM
Often changing your plugins will solve a whole bunch of problems, so I'd definitely try it out, try a bunch of different plugins if you need to, and see if it fixes anything.

Iceglow
10-22-2008, 12:28 AM
I just wanted to say a big thanks to both AK and o_O whilst the graphics driver o_O suggested to me looks like it won't work I'm fine using the one I currently am using (a little bit of tweaking and I managed to get it looking VERY nice indeed :) so no problems) I tried the sound drivers AK suggested and well they worked perfectly I can now enjoy my PSX retro gaming with full sound including during FMV's :) Mucho Gracias amigos!