PDA

View Full Version : If There Were FFV and VI Remakes...

Evastio
10-21-2008, 03:21 AM
If FFV and VI get remade do you think that they'll get rid of the Gladiator, Oracle, Cannoneer, and Necromancer classes from FFV Advance and the Leviathan, Cactuar, Gilgamesh, and Diabolos espers from FFVI Advance?

I personally hope not. In FFV the Oracle was a really helpful class to master since it gives a higher max MP bonus than the summoner does and its ABP Up ability really helps quickly master classes. As for FFVI the Cactuar Esper was a really effective way to raise speed (since Odin only raises speed by 1 and usually gets replaced by Raiden in most people's playthroughs).

Although most of FFIV Advance's new features didn't make it in FFIV DS I still think that the extra jobs and espers have a better chance of making it in the remakes. Sure, the bonus dungeons most likely won't since they'll be too big to include but the bonus jobs and espers shouldn't be too hard to include.

Wolf Kanno
10-21-2008, 03:48 AM
It really depends.

I feel the Dragon's Den may stay in FFVI if only cause it was suppose to be in the original version and was taken out due to some reason or other. Don't quote me on that.

I don't mind losing the new job classes in V only because I felt they were given to you so late in the game that only die hard fans would bother with them. If they were implemented into the game better I wouldn't mind. To be honest, I would rather see some different classes be introduced instead; if they were going to go for extras.

On the other hand, I felt the new Espers were implemented rather well in VI and unlike the new additions from IV and V, I seriously feel a new player would have a hard time accepting that they weren't in the original. They have a decent chance but I'm sure some brain dead executive would try to restore the game to its original. :rolleyes2

I'm more interested in the idea of what platform these games would be on. The DS is still a possibility but these games are much larger and more complex than previous installments so I wonder if a PSP remake is more likely... Thoughts?

Evastio
10-21-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm thinking since FFIII and FFIV came out on the DS FFV and VI will also be on the DS. If FFV and VI were to be released on the PSP I'm really confident that all the bonus content from the GBA Versions would stay since that's what happened in FFI & II's PSP versions.

Dignified Pauper
10-21-2008, 04:52 AM
I would rather FFVI be remastered on the PS3 so that we could constantly see Kefka's great clown glory. I feel like blocky 3-d sprites on the DS might ruin kefka.

Vermachtnis
10-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Something I've been a bit curious about. Since they had to make an individual sprite for each character and their job, I wonder if it'd take less space to make those costumes for models. Relative of course, cause sprites take up less space than models.

Zeromus_X
10-21-2008, 05:14 AM
I'd hope they'd keep the GBA bonus content. I thought the bonus dungeons for all three games were really creative, I was disappointed they left out any kind of extra dungeon in the DS remake of IV (let alone the option to change party members, Augment System besides), and instead gave us two lame superbosses that you have to beat the game three times in order to fight.

Bolivar
10-22-2008, 03:53 AM
I would hope so, actually I wouldn't be surprised if they were expanded on... like new jobs in addition to the extra ones in V, and possibly even more dungeons in VI.

Like FFIV, I'm sure there's plenty of scenario that initially didn't make the final cut that would appear in a remake.

The extra dungeon in FFIVAdvance was something apart of the Advance series of games... something very similar was in FFI part of Dawn of Souls, i think certain levels even overlapped, like the library of the ancients taken from V.

Nice
10-23-2008, 11:07 PM
It comes down to this fact, I don't want to play the same game again if there's nothing new and exciting. While changing the graphics is alright for new players, us older folks want something new.

Evastio
10-24-2008, 01:29 AM
All of the FF Advance Remakes had Bonus Dungeons and other extra content. As for the DS Remakes, FFIII had the dungeon with the Iron Giant, Class Mastery Equipment, and other things while FFIV had the new Augmenting System and New Game +. The PSP remakes of FFI and II also had new dungeons as well as the dungeons in the GBA Version.

I highly doubt that the FFV and VI remakes wouldn't have anything new.