PDA

View Full Version : Preferred format of Rerelease

daniel3843
10-21-2008, 08:41 PM
STRICTLY THEORETICAL

If SE was to rerelease FFVII what format would you want it?
Remember, this would mean NO recoding, just a rerelease

PSN download
PSX discs (like Metal Gear Solid 1)
PSP port (since they can play PSX games)
Something I Forgot
-Dan

Momiji
10-22-2008, 01:39 AM
I wouldn't want a rerelease. I'd want a complete remake that will actually make the game live up to its hype.

But that will never happen.

Bolivar
10-22-2008, 03:38 AM
I would probably prefer a PSN download since I wouldn't be able to lose any of the discs again... Personally, I like having a physical product you can hold in your hand, appreciate the artwork, and keep as display (not display, just...physical thing of it...) But PSN would do fine for me, it would probably be cheaper, instantaneous, and I'd be able to keep it.

Gennosuke
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Id go for PSN download also, it would suck not to have a box, im like Bolivar, i prefer to have the actual product, but i play everything on my PS3 so it would make sense to have it as a download.

Elly
10-22-2008, 10:16 AM
for a re-release i would rather have it on UMD, i dislike the idea of not having the physical product... a memory card can be wiped clean easily or accidentaly by some moron and if you save it on your PC well PCs can get infected and data can become corrupted, so PSN DLC is out of the question for me as it's more of a gamble on how long it will remain 100% before you have to re-download it again, besides to scratch a UMD you have to really be trying to get in there with something...

Markus. D
10-23-2008, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't want a rerelease. I'd want a complete remake that will actually make the game live up to its hype.

I'm still giving it a chance, Squenix may cave in and... maybe T_T but...

I Don't Need A Name
10-23-2008, 08:35 PM
you missed out the option of 'give the hell up on FFVII' option.
i couldnt stand any more games related to it

sdm42393
10-24-2008, 01:58 AM
I just hope Square does something with it so people shut up about Final Fantasy VII >_> It wouldn't surprise me if that's the last project of the compilation.

Bolivar
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I just hope Square does something with it so people shut up about Final Fantasy VII >_>

you think rereleasing the game will get people to shut up about it?

Momiji
10-24-2008, 05:51 PM
I just hope Square does something with it so people shut up about Final Fantasy VII >_>

It won't. :p

sdm42393
10-24-2008, 07:18 PM

Honestly no, but it's a start :mad:

Saber
10-24-2008, 08:15 PM
rereleasing ff7 would only bring more people to talk about it. I'm shocked not that many people talk about genisis at the ending of ff7doc. By my guess there is gonna be another spin off coming.

edczxcvbnm
10-24-2008, 08:53 PM
360 plz.

Dreddz
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM

So are you suggesting that Square Enix doesn't like money? Well......if you say so.

Momiji
10-25-2008, 02:31 PM

So are you suggesting that Square Enix doesn't like money? Well......if you say so.

Oh no no, I never said that. I just said I want a full remake that makes the game not suck. It's obvious S-E loves money, because of the subpar knockoffs they've been scraping out. It's obvious FFVII is overhyped, and I will never understand why. Now, if they made a full remake that makes the hype make sense, I'd approve of that.

Serapy
10-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd like to see the re-release on PSP, just to find out if I was right about my theory, lame, I know.

nirojan
12-17-2008, 12:49 AM
well considering i dont have a PS3... PSN is out of the question for me. so yeah umd would be prefered for me, but the playsation network would actually be better if you had a ps3!

The Man
12-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Atari 2600 ftmfw.

Roogle
12-17-2008, 06:32 PM
I would be a little slighted if Square Enix opted for a rerelease of Final Fantasy VII rather than remaking the game from the ground up. If it were to be a strict port, I would rather have it as a download on the Playstation Network.