PDA

View Full Version : Cross Query

blackmage_nuke
10-22-2008, 12:18 AM
I have finally obtained Chrono Cross!!!

My years of waiting are over and soon I can stop reading this forum as though it were a spoiler filled mine field!!

However I have a concern, Many times my ps2 experiences difficulty when I have to change discs in games, I was wondering if there is an save option right after the end of the first disc such as in FFVII or FFVIII (then i can turn it off and change disks). It would be a terrible dissapointment if i got halfway through the game only to realise i couldnt finish it. I have only just started playing so no spoilers please.

10-22-2008, 04:45 AM
The way I remember it, yes. Also, it isn't a "halfway through" point, it's a "nothing left to do but get that boss" point. Again, IIRC.

Elly
10-22-2008, 10:23 AM
and if you save often anyway like you should, if it did give you problems the backtracking should not be more than 5-10 minutes anyway... but i still play my PSX games on a PSone so i never experience the disk-swap errors of the PS2 while playing PSX games that i've heard about...

The Ceej
10-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Chrono Cross was the last game I played before Final Fantasy II, which I'm playing now. So, I know the answer is yes.

Though, I've never heard of this disc-swapping problem before, and I've been playing a lot of PlayStation games on a PS2 due to the fact Sony refuses to admit a lot of backward compatibility issues are their fault, claiming that everyone who owns both the game and the PS3 has a bad disc, and ergo, refuses to fix them. But that's beside the point. The answer to your question is yes.

Dreddz
10-23-2008, 10:00 PM
If your PS2 has problems changing discs your out of luck mate. All I can recommend is that you save often and hope for the best. Disc Changing in Chrono Cross is only a real problem if your planing to play it on a PSP in which you can download a save right at the beginning of disc 2. You can probably work out a way to do that on a PS2 as well. If by any chance you can play Cross on a PS3 then it shouldn't be a problem at all as you can use the browser to find the save and download it to the hard drive.

The Ceej
10-24-2008, 07:15 PM
If your PS2 has problems changing discs your out of luck mate. All I can recommend is that you save often and hope for the best. Disc Changing in Chrono Cross is only a real problem if your planing to play it on a PSP in which you can download a save right at the beginning of disc 2. You can probably work out a way to do that on a PS2 as well. If by any chance you can play Cross on a PS3 then it shouldn't be a problem at all as you can use the browser to find the save and download it to the hard drive.

Chrono Cross cannot be played on a PS3. I've made this clear already. It keeps locking up at certain parts of the game when elements are cast. The only solution to this problem is to play it on a PS2 as Sony refuses to admit this is a backward compatibility issue, even though everyone else has the same problem (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?message.uid=30471460#U30471460). Hang on. I show up there, eventually.

However, as I stated before, you can save at the end of the first disc. Dreddz is wrong about that. I distinctly remember saving at the end of the first disc and I just did it not that long ago. The answer to your question is still yes.

Dreddz
10-25-2008, 01:27 PM
You cannot save at the end of disc 1. That was the whole issue with playing it on a PSP. Play to the end of disc 1 if you don't believe me.

The Ceej
10-25-2008, 05:25 PM
I did.

I would know this better than you because Chrono Cross was the last game I played. I saved at the end of disc one. I made this very clear now, twice in this thread. Something must have been wrong with your disc.

Roto13
10-25-2008, 07:22 PM
It would take a pretty weird disc error to change something like that. There's no prompt to save between discs. It's well known among PSP emulator users.

And before you say it, no, your Chrono Cross discs aren't special. You're just wrong.

The Ceej
10-26-2008, 03:18 AM
I know what you're doing, Roto, and I don't bite. You're going to have to find someone else to argue with from now on.

Roto13
10-26-2008, 03:35 AM
I know what you're doing,

Wrong again. Don't stop now, you're on a roll.

Shotgunnova
11-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Apparently there's a temporary workaround for the PS3 element-casting issue, where the player changes the camera POV from dynamic to static. Haven't tried it myself but it seems to work, 'least from the first-hand accounts I keep seeing...worth at try.

And there isn't a save prompt at the end of Disc 1.

Roto13
11-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Where might one find this walkthrough? Because I would definitely be interested in anything that helps get Chrono Cross working on my PS3. :P

Nice
11-06-2008, 03:54 AM
The whole fact that one would need a walkthrough to play a ps1 game on a ps3 system is pointless. I didn't spend a fortune for lackluster results. Sony pretty much says that ps3 is only looking forward.

Also, you can save at the end of CC.

Roto13
11-06-2008, 08:48 PM
The question is whether you can save at the end of disc 1, not at the end of the game. :P

Shotgunnova
11-06-2008, 11:45 PM
There isn't a walkthrough, just a one-step stopgap. At best, it should bypass some of the stalling parts -- I think most people would recommend playing on a different system entirely, really.

Nice
11-07-2008, 05:21 PM
=S Yeah you can save at the end of disc one. How else could the second disc load you up with verification?

NeoCracker
11-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Cause at the end of disc one you can just switch discs. And it will continue. You could do the same with the FF games. They all gave you the option to save, but if you just continued straight on the the second disc there wasn't a need too. :p

All information needed to start is temporarilly stored on the system itself.

Reeno the Alchemist
11-08-2008, 12:45 AM
you cannot save at the end of disk one... I know because my i had the same problem and had to try and try to make it work... except it was the disk x.x not my ps2. All i can do is pray for you my friend. I suggest once you reach the end of disk one use someone else's ps2 to switch. D: