PDA

View Full Version : Crying Babies

Dignified Pauper
10-22-2008, 12:02 PM
There is nothing worse than settling down to get ready for work in the early hours of the morning, only to hear that the individuals below you have their baby cryin again, for the umteenth million time, and the sound is coming straight through the bathroom floor when all you want to do is do your dooty in peace. The rest of the place is pretty sound-proof though.

Another thing is, I wish it wasn't instinctual, as a human, to hear a crying baby and turn your head. It's because we are a social species that group develop children, and we all want to fix the problem because a crying baby to our brains is never good.

Topic: What do you do when there's nothing you can do about crying babies?

I make threads condemning children all across the world.

Yar
10-22-2008, 12:06 PM
God, I hate children. I'm never having them.

blackmage_nuke
10-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I can usually tolerate noisy kids but if for some reason I cant I just turn on my mp3 player.

Loony BoB
10-22-2008, 12:16 PM
If it's a kid I know or am responsible for, I make it stop.
If it's a kid I don't know and am not responsible for, I drown out the noise somehow.

I don't have this happen in my own residence though, so I'm lucky in that regard. Buy a place with a thicker floor. :p

Dignified Pauper
10-22-2008, 12:21 PM
It's only the bathroom floor that I hear it through. But I feel like the kid is always crying whenever I am in there.

bipper
10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
A'yo dig paupz, maybe you were the jerk that woke the baby up when you got up and dropped a ten pound duce, son.

Ugh, how does TtR do it?

Anyways, no, I enjoy the sound of crying babies - not in a sick way, but it brings me back to when my children were little. Nothing is more admirable than a bond between mother and child, and the crying just embodies that feeling for me.

Chemical
10-22-2008, 01:51 PM
I wonder the cause:

Most babies cry because they need something; a burping, food, warmth, a caress, diaper change, or they're ill.
Some babies may be choleric and cry for no apparent reason.
In some rare cases there's abuse.
In other rare cases some babies cry because they're mom was a drug whore and was born with the addiction and now has to suffer the withdrawl.

Bunny
10-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Ugh, how does TtR do it?

He's got the black in him.

Everything that has nothing to do with my world, directly, I tend to ignore. This includes crying babies.

Faris
10-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Fortunately, I've learned to ignore such sounds. :) Unfortunately, the amount of screaming children has multiplied at work during my shifts since last year.

Flying Mullet
10-22-2008, 03:33 PM
It depends upon why the baby is crying if it bothers me or not.

One of the reasons I can't stand babies crying is when parents don't give their infants/children something to chew/suck on while on an airplane and they can't re-pressurize their ears and cry the whole flight.

NeoTifa
10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
i scream back at them jklol (lol family guy)

Peegee
10-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I set fire to their house

Fire solves 100% of all problems. Find me a problem where fire isn't the cause and/or solution and I'll show you something that's not really a problem.

rubah
10-22-2008, 04:32 PM
the guys in the room above mine were dropping a golf ball on their floor repeatedly, so I asked them very politely to stop and they did!

If only I could do that with my roommate and her tv.

There was a little baby in my room a few days ago, he was a little older than that, so he wasn't crying, but he was very cute and shy and I gave him a sticker and I think he liked it :)

I'm almost glad my sister won't have any more babies (although I am infinitely angry she and my brother won't give me any nieces) but I guess her kids never were very fussy at our house. Or maybe I just don't remember their babyhood very well.

Zeldy
10-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I HATE the noise of a crying baby, I swear down if I have a baby and it dares to cry I'll.. I'll be so mad! :mad2::mad2:

kikimm
10-22-2008, 05:06 PM
When there's nothing I can do about crying babies, I try to ignore it, but that never usually works for me. So I end up focusing on it and being distracted by it for as long as it's going to go on.

I hate babies.

Araciel
10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Leave the area. A baby crying is one of the most annoying sounds. I suspect this is so we'll 'answer the call' so to speak, and find out what the heck is wrong, but I don't have a child so to me it's just annoying, unless I can't see the child...Then I tend to think the worst.

Aerith's Knight
10-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Babies don't usually cry around me. Whenever one does, I smile at him/her and she/he either looks at me wil large eyes or giggles.

Bebez = cute <3

Psychotic
10-22-2008, 05:20 PM
It lets me know that dinner is nearby.

Levian
10-22-2008, 06:01 PM
What I like about crying babies is that they can't keep it up forever. Eventually it will stop. That thought keeps me from going insane as I like it when there's a light in the end of the tunnel, even if it is a pedophile with a lantern.

NeoCracker
10-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Fire solves 100% of all problems. Find me a problem where fire isn't the cause and/or solution and I'll show you something that's not really a problem.

Lack of oxygen in a fire proof room

Vermachtnis
10-22-2008, 06:12 PM
I always try and find a remedy for a crying baby. Crying babies are the worst. It's so annoying and pityful cause that's all babies can do to tell something ain't right.

Peegee
10-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Lack of oxygen in a fire proof room

Set it on fire.

NeoCracker
10-22-2008, 06:33 PM
That solution is only plausible under the assumption you can somehow set fire to something thats fire proof. :p

NeoTifa
10-22-2008, 06:38 PM
lol i hate behbehz. theyre fun to hold for the first 5 seconds until they start screaming. lol

Miriel
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Babies always have a reason for crying. it's not like they do it because it's fun for them.

Anyway, I'm one of those strange people who isn't driven insane by a baby's crying. Maybe because I'm not forced to listen to it too often. When I am near a crying baby, I'm just in awe at the sounds that a baby can make. I don't mind it too much.

NeoCracker
10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Babies always have a reason for crying. it's not like they do it because it's fun for them.

Anyway, I'm one of those strange people who isn't driven insane by a baby's crying. Maybe because I'm not forced to listen to it too often. When I am near a crying baby, I'm just in awe at the sounds that a baby can make. I don't mind it too much.

I'll laugh when you have a baby that DOES cry for fun. :p

You know somewhere out there, there is a baby that does it. :p

Seriously though, I hate Babies. Crying or not, I hate them cause they are stupid and do stupid and annoying things.

And before someone says, "But you were like that once" yes, yes I was. And if I met myself as a kid Id want to smack me, and am quite happy I am no longer like that. :p

Miriel
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM

Maybe if it's some demon baby, yeah. But otherwise, I don't think so.

Quindiana Jones
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Suggested by R v. Doughty, a crying baby could be considered a basis for a provocation plea.

Random crap aside, I don't really mind crying babies. I probably would if I had to wipe the stinky buggers arse, or let it suck off my chest, but I don't, so I don't.

NeoCracker
10-22-2008, 07:12 PM

My sisters baby laughs when others are in pain, my friends baby laughs when they have to change his diaper, my cousins baby likes to threaten women with violence, from my prespective ALL babies are demon babies. :p

bipper
10-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Sometimes they just cry for seemingly no reason. Realistically, it is essential and important that they cry for pulmonary excessive. It is one of the most rapidly changing systems in a baby's body, so they kinda gotta do it, ya'know.

Aerith's Knight
10-22-2008, 09:09 PM

My sisters baby laughs when others are in pain, my friends baby laughs when they have to change his diaper, my cousins baby likes to threaten women with violence, from my prespective ALL babies are demon babies. :p

Are you sure it's not just babies that come in contact with you? ;)

Dignified Pauper
10-22-2008, 10:05 PM

I like your style.

There was a little baby in my room a few days ago, he was a little older than that, so he wasn't crying, but he was very cute and shy and I gave him a sticker and I think he liked it :)

This pretty much proves RubyLapiz is abducting children and subduing them with candy.

It lets me know that dinner is nearby.

You eat babies? That's comparable to eating veal. Now that I think about it, it doesn't sound bad!

What I like about crying babies is that they can't keep it up forever. Eventually it will stop. That thought keeps me from going insane as I like it when there's a light in the end of the tunnel, even if it is a pedophile with a lantern.

Levian, that pedophile, we just found out, is Rube.

Edit: I'm pooping and that damn child is screaming AGAIN. I swear, it must smell what I am cooking.

Proxy
10-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I understand it. But having a child of my own, there is nothing I can do but to get it.
If I can help, I will, if not, well that's that.

Roto13
10-23-2008, 07:35 AM
I taunt them, just to make them cry more.

ShunNakamura
10-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Isn't this the reason they made shotguns?

I'll leave precisely how you use the shotgun up to you.

Or in PG's case he can have a flamethrower that only is usuable by a super soldier!

The Ceej
10-23-2008, 07:02 PM
As some of you may know, in addition to be a web administrator, I have a part-time job in retail. I do this for the hell of it. For the most part, I like it, which is why I'm doing it. But when those screaming babies come through my line, I consider saying something that would get me fired.

Here's what I usually do with screaming babies or annoying children:

First, I take the bottle of Advil out of my pocket and take some. I make sure the parents can see me taking it, and sometimes I put a finger in my ear like the screaming hurt it, and I need to rub it to make it feel better. This is not always an act. Many times every part of this act is absolutely necessary.

Then, I say, "Boy, it's times like this that make me grateful that I'll never have children," to which they reply, "Oh, why not. You should have kids. You'll love them," to which I reply in a condescending manner, "Oh, really?" as I look at their children like they're the cause of all the problems in society right now.

I think that's the best I can do without actually losing my job, not that it matters. It's only my part-time second job, so I could technically afford to lose it.

demondude
10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I cannot stand babies, there is absolutely no way I'd ever consider trying for one. I seriously hate them.

LunarWeaver
10-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I hate crying babies. I hate babies period. It should be illegal to bring them out of their house. Just because the mother is a masochist doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.

qwertysaur
10-23-2008, 07:46 PM
They make earplugs a great invention.

~*~Celes~*~
10-24-2008, 02:41 AM
Babies are so cute ^^

The Ceej
10-24-2008, 03:01 AM
Screaming babies are the reason I'm gay.

Dignified Pauper
10-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Screaming babies are the reason I'm gay.

You too?

I actually want a child someday, but whenever it cries, I think I'm gonna lose my cool.

SNOOZER
10-24-2008, 05:17 AM
I like babies. It's when they start learning to talk back is when they get annoying. That's when I sacrifice them to the volcano gods.

The Ceej
10-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I like babies. It's when they start learning to talk back is when they get annoying. That's when I sacrifice them to the volcano gods.

What about that stage in their lives where they make up their own language and then get so frustrated with you because you don't understand it. Seriously. What's so hard about their using the language that we've all agreed upon?

I do believe if kids didn't exist, I would probably be straight.