PDA

View Full Version : My... my RSS feeds! D:

Roto13
10-23-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm using Thunderbird as an RSS reader and my RSS feeds aren't updating. I checked my firewall and listed it as an exception, but it's still not working. I noticed that over the last few days, certain feeds weren't updating like they should have been. Now none of my feeds are updating at all.

EDIT: Now they're all updating except the ones I have in one category/account. Those are the most important ones. xP The rest are updating, but my video game RSS feeds aren't.

Fix it.

Flying Mullet
10-23-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm assuming you've checked to make sure there are updates to those feeds?

Momiji
10-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Uh oh. Last time you made a thread on something not working, it stopped working for me too (in that case, it was Winamp, which is still not working for me).

However, my RSS feeds are updating normally, and I know that I have a few feeds that you have too-- and they have been updating. I don't know how to help you with your problem, though.

Roto13
10-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm assuming you've checked to make sure there are updates to those feeds?

The fact that there are 30 of them and it'd be weird for none of them to update in 24 hours aside, I did check a few of them and they had updates. :P Two of them are even sites I update myself, and I know I've updated them. xP

I'm using a different RSS reader for them now, and that one is working fine. But I want to be able to use Thunderbird. :P

Roto13
10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Double posting is what rebels do.

I exported my feeds, deleted that account, and imported them again. They updated when I added them, but they haven't updated since, even when I force an update. (Yes, I checked to see if the sites had updated again.)

Baloki
10-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Check under the account settings and the news/rss feeds ccount nd see what the update settings are?

Roto13
10-26-2008, 01:49 AM
It's set to update every ten minutes, and update at startup. (Though it never did update at startup before.)

It just updated when I forced it, though. I haven't been using it for a while (since, you know, it wasn't working :P) and I guess that's a good sign.