PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge

Loony BoB
10-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm quite interested. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Markus. D
10-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes!

Especially just seeing each gameplay video, it's like... whoah :DD!

Roto13
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm poor this fall so there are a lot of games I have to wait a while to play, but I don't know if I can stand to wait for Mirror's Edge. It looks fantastic. It's like a first person Prince of Persia.

I'm very excited.

Moon Rabbits
10-24-2008, 07:12 PM
This is one of the most interesting games, too me, lately. Too bad I don't have a PS3 ; ----------- ;

Dreddz
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
I've been interested ever since the first trailer for the game appeared earlier this year. At first it was just the graphics and concept that intrigued me but after hearing that the game can be ideal for speed runs and time attack stages I became really stoked. I just hope the game isn't too linear as I'd like to find my own way around rather than following a straight path.

I hear a demo is coming out soon so I'm really looking forward to playing that. Despite my optimism for this game it is number one on my list of games that could go horribly wrong. Maybe the game sucking is a blessing in disguise as I'm really thin on cash and there are so many games I want this fall.

scrumpleberry
10-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Read an article in EDGE ages ago. It looks excellent.

DK
10-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Definitely interested in this, was talking about it with Fenlon a while back IIRC. Still, got SRII, Fable II and soon to be GoW2 all to munch through fairly soon. :(

Quindiana Jones
10-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Very, yes.

XxSephirothxX
10-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Definitely interested in this, was talking about it with Fenlon a while back IIRC. Still, got SRII, Fable II and soon to be GoW2 all to munch through fairly soon. :(
u lie

We probably did though I don't really remember. I doubt I'll buy it this year because I am trying not to blow all my money but the art direction looks incredible and if they pull off the concept as well as it seems like they're going to it will be awesome. I bet it'll be really short, though.

Depression Moon
10-24-2008, 11:46 PM
This game does look pretty unique ad it would definetly be a game I would buy without even trying it out when I do get a PS3.

Roto13
10-30-2008, 04:38 PM
The PSN is getting a demo of this game today, and the Xbox 360 is getting one tomorrow.

Dreddz
10-30-2008, 05:09 PM
I hope the Playstation Store updates earlier rather than later. I hate it when it updates late in the day, not giving me enough time to download a demo till the next day.

I'm looking forward to this demo nonetheless.

Nifleheim7
10-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't like first person games but i tried the demo today and i think the game is going to be brilliant.
The demo really helps you a lot getting used at the controls and even first person noobs like me have no problem learning them.

Dreddz
10-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I just got done playing the demo now. Safe to say that this is a sure hit. The controls are complex yet surprisingly easy to use. My biggest worry was that the game would be too difficult to control but it was almost easier than some of the other traditional FPS's out there.

The graphics are beautiful although I noticed some serious screen tearing when playing the demo. Hopefully it was just a dodgy installation.

I'm definitely picking this up in November. The demo has sold me.

Markus. D
10-31-2008, 02:44 AM
awesome!

I'll put it at the top of my list.

Roto13
10-31-2008, 06:02 AM
The PSN Store updated late for some reason, so I just finished playing the demo.

Fantastic. I'm really impressed with it. I'm even more excited for this game than I was before. Training was kind of a pain because those buttons were impossible to identify on my SDTV, but once I had the controls more-or-less figured out, it was loads of fun.

If I can swing it, this is a day 1 buy for me.

@dreddz: I noticed some screen tearing too, but only in the opening cinematic. After that, it was fine.

EDIT: During my second playthrough (I don't know if I've ever bothered with a demo more than once) I noticed some more tearing. I hope they fix that for the final release.

Ichimonji
10-31-2008, 12:24 PM
I played a Mirror's Edge level in LittleBigPlanet just now which was pretty genius. But yeah, the actual game does look sweet.

Roto13
11-02-2008, 01:08 AM
I just won this contest (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/31/fanswag-unlock-time-trial-in-mirrors-edge-demo) and apparently the codes are interchangeable between versions so I used it in my PS3 version. :P Nice.

Madame Adequate
11-02-2008, 01:33 AM
I dl'd the demo earlier today, played it, and then played it twice more without moving from my seat.

Completely awesome. It's easy to get the hang of, smooth, fast, and absolutely beautiful. Will be getting.

edczxcvbnm
11-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I played the demo. Falls way short but I was never interested or saw the appeal of this game. It does not seem very free...like there is a set course to follow that they blatantly point out to you with the color red. This game might be slightly more interesting if they did away with that and it might after a couple of levels but the demo gives no hint of that and I am not wasting money to find out.

Loony BoB
11-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I played the demo. Falls way short but I was never interested or saw the appeal of this game. It does not seem very free...like there is a set course to follow that they blatantly point out to you with the color red. This game might be slightly more interesting if they did away with that and it might after a couple of levels but the demo gives no hint of that and I am not wasting money to find out.
My understanding is that you can switch off the red colouring altogether. Likewise it will, as you said, fade slowly as levels go by.

edczxcvbnm
11-12-2008, 04:57 PM
That is good news at the very least. Doesn't really make me want the game any more or less but merely solves a general complaint about gaming in general XD

Like I said, I never saw the appeal of this game when people first started making a big deal about it and I still don't. Maybe it is that at the core of it all, this is really a platformer and nothing more...like...even more of a platformer than mario considering you just run and jump/slide from point A to point B...I think I am on to something here XD

JKTrix
11-15-2008, 05:09 AM
Finished it in one sitting. Mind you that sitting was about 5-6.5 hours (with other stuff being done in between). Kinda wish I had waited for my Gamefly rental because cash is a little tight for games this time of year, but totally glad I played it. Ignoring the story (something I do in most games anyway--not that I ignore it, I just don't usually mark a game's story against it) it's very well-done overall. I didn't really like a couple of the 'puzzle' sections early on (particularly when you're trying to think of where to go and people are shooting at you), but a couple of them closer to the end were a lot of fun. Game's at its best when people 'like you' are chasing you through the rooftops. Good stuff.

Jessweeee♪
11-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Went to the mall with my friends yesterday :p

Someone got Mirror's Edge and we all took turns playing for a bit. I only watched, but I was very very impressed and I am definitely for sure going to get this game. It is pretty looking o:

EDIT:

...and the red showing you where to do didn't seem to take all of the challenge out of it, but I wasn't actually playing, tbh.

Bolivar
11-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I was never too big into the hype myself, it didn't seem like a game that would interest me. Played the intro/tutorial at a game store and it is awesome. Everything is so smooth, I realy enjoyed it, but there's just so many good games on the PS3/DS I have to finish/buy first, I may grab this at a later time though. Definately fun.

I'm kind of peeved at the way alot of professional reviewers were ready to write it off, especially one gametrailers special where 2 of the panelists openly did. Just goes to show, don't judge a game on its trailer, that's idiotic.

Imperfectionist
11-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Now i'm not one to play FPS. Like, at ALL. But I played the demo of this the other day and I was very very surprised. I loved it! It's a stunningly beautiful game, easy to handle, but not so easy that there is no challenge, the game runs nice and smooth and the concept is very original.

I'm definately gonna buy this when I have money/ time to set aside to play it.

Nifleheim7
11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
...and the red showing you where to do didn't seem to take all of the challenge out of it, but I wasn't actually playing, tbh.

You can turn this off if you want.;)

I got the game last week but i've only played a bit so far (playing Valkyria atm).I'm a total noob in FP games but the gameplay in the demo completely sold me.That and the overall visual/audio style of the game.

I keep hearing that the game its too short but i always favored quality over quantity.And some of my all time favorite games were also very short.:/

JKTrix
11-19-2008, 01:23 AM
I think it'll be worth giving Valkyria a break for a day. If you can give Mirror's Edge 7 hours of your time (being generous) i'm sure you can clear the main mode and dabble in the time trial a bit.