PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Justice: Ace attorney

demondude
10-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I played the DS demo on the Nintendo channel yesterday, and I fell in love with it. I'd love to buy it but I wanted to ask some people who have played it before, so yeah.
Should I purchase it? Is it very short? Or should I buy an earlier installment?

Roto13
10-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Apollo Justice doesn't build on the other games a whole lot, so it should be pretty safe to start with. There are a few throwbacks, but it shouldn't spoil anything that's not really predictable in the first three games. :P It's a decent length, too.

If you decide to play the other games in the series (and you should), though, play them in order. :P Phoenix Wright > Justice for All > Trials and Tribulations.

DK
10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Play all of them because they are all great.

Jessweeee♪
10-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Apollo Justice is a fantastic game! The previous three are just ports of GBA games, so they don't have all the forensic doodads that AJ does (minus the bonus case in the very first game). Phoenix hogs the spotlight a bit as a lot of people have complained, but I think later it'll be seen as a nice transition from his arc to Apollo's, once GS5 is released.

Trials and Tribulations was my absolute favorite, though. I loved all of the characters in it, and I didn't have to cross-examine Oldbag!

If you do play through the Phoenix arc, keep an eye on Edgeworth, 'cause he and Detective Gumshoe are getting their very own game!

Rantz
10-25-2008, 09:09 AM
You should definitely buy it. Like Roto said though, if you're planning on playing the other instalments too, you might as well do them in order. And you should absolutely play all of them. :)

demondude
10-25-2008, 02:38 PM
How long is the game exactly? I heard it's about 20 hours long, but some people say it's much longer.

Thais
11-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I love AJ!

I kinda have the hots for Kristoff <3

Roto13
11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I guess the length depends on how much time you spend stumbling around. :P There's no clock so I kind of lost track of the time when I was playing. It's a decent length, though. You won't be flying through it too fast.

Thais
11-08-2008, 07:34 AM
O, definitely! I remember getting through the first three cases of the first Phoenix Wright game in just a few hours. It took me forever to finish Apollo Justice!

I wish I had Phoenix's hat. It's really cute :(

demondude
11-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I'll be buying it later. =)

Jessweeee♪
11-08-2008, 05:18 PM
I want a hobohodo hat, too ;_;

Just wait until you have to cross examine this guy:

http://www.court-records.net/animation/ani-Kawadzu-Turn-page.gif

xD

demondude
11-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Olga ORLY is the best character ever. xD

Jessweeee♪
11-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes xD

Everyone's all OH. REALLY. the whole case then she comes out and says, OH YEAH WELL I'M NOT REALLY RUSSIAN AND MY NAME SOUNDS LIKE "OH REALLY."

Thais
11-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I want a hobohodo hat, too ;_;

Just wait until you have to cross examine this guy:

http://www.court-records.net/animation/ani-Kawadzu-Turn-page.gif

xD
Hahaha! He's like Oldbag, but more sensitive/emotionally unstable *cries*

And he kinda reminds me of Armstrong from FMA O.o

"I know a whole lot of big words, so I can't possibly be wrong!" :p