PDA

View Full Version : Yar-Yars Wants a Digital Camera!

Yar
10-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Trouble is, I'm completely illiterate when it comes to digital cameras. :( I want to get a nice camera, but it should be worth the money, too.

So, if you have any information regarding what to look for in a camera, I'd appreciate it. Some things I'd like to know are what is a megapixel? How many pictures can fit on X-sized memory card? Which company is best with cameras? &c. Also, anything you might have learned about cameras that you may find necessary would be great.

Some things I'd like are video recording; rechargeable battery (if they make them for cameras); nice sleek look, possibly sexy :cool:; long battery life and durability.

Do you have any recommendations? I'm kinda on a budget, but nothing official. I think anything more than $250 will be too much, though.

rubah
10-25-2008, 08:32 PM
2gb = Enough.
500 mb= maybe about 500-1000 or so

I wouldn't get a digital camera that didn't have a manual mode because that's how I like to shoot. If you don't know how to use manual mode, you may not care about that so much, but it's always good to learn :)

I'll just say that the samsung s730 is very impact resistant :]] I dropped it on a road and the soft body plastic absorbed the shock so it didn't break any of the mechanism :)

canon of course is universally highly regarded as far as cameras go :p I've never owned one myself though.

megapixels are pretty much irrelevant as far as actually meaning anything. The ones with higher MP stats may use interpolation where the overall quality is still pretty bad compared to cameras who may claim to have a lower number of megapixels (million pixels, 1000x1000 + ) So don't just look for whatever has the highest.

Roto13
10-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Like every camera ever takes videos. :P You really won't need a huge SD card unless you're going on a really, really long vacation or something. :P A gig should be more than enough.