PDA

View Full Version : They're outside Talking on the Talkies

Dignified Pauper
10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Vague inside joke aside.

Do you like walkie talkies/CB Radios?

My friend has an old CB radio that he uses to talk to people in strange and unique voices. He stays off the police channels, you know, for smart reasons, but he'll get on the channels truckers use and start chatting it up with them. It's really wierd. It reminds me of that movie where the kids pretend to be a girl with the alias "candy-cane" and then a semi-truck driver starts killing them. It's crazy.

Anyway, walkie talkies/cb radios. I know they are handy when hiking, as I've personally been lost a few times... Definitely not because I convinced people to wander off the path... definitely not.

Hmmm.. a side topic. Have you ever been lost before? If so, did you have a walkie talkie available to try to get help?

Momiji
10-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I used to play with walkie-talkies when I was a kid, but once I got a cell phone, it sort of became obsolete. :p

Meat Puppet
10-26-2008, 01:52 PM
comedy genius, man
maximum hilarity

I did the thing with the tuning into frequencies I wasn’t supposed to. It created the illusion of a high social value that I madly hunger

Markus. D
10-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I used to play with walkie-talkies when I was a kid, but once I got a cell phone, it sort of became obsolete. :p

Similar to that yes.

crono_logical
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
I used to play with walkie-talkies when I was a kid, but once I got a cell phone, it sort of became obsolete. :pWalkie Talkies are still better than mobile phones for large organised events e.g. thousands of people, and cheaper to talk too :p

Yar
10-26-2008, 03:03 PM
My dad used to be a truck driver, so he thought he was cool when he used his trucker-lingo around the house.

Thankfully, he's a trucker no longer.

Momiji
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I used to play with walkie-talkies when I was a kid, but once I got a cell phone, it sort of became obsolete. :pWalkie Talkies are still better than mobile phones for large organised events e.g. thousands of people, and cheaper to talk too :p

Well of course, but I was speaking in the context of playing with them as a child. :p

rubah
10-26-2008, 05:20 PM
cellphones aren't nearly as cool as walkie talkies in the context of being a child. I mean, GIs don't use cell phones on battlefields

Goldenboko
10-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Stupid nextel is basically a walkie talkie.

Old Manus
10-26-2008, 07:26 PM
You should pretend to be air traffic control and lure aeroplanes into large buildings

theundeadhero
10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Have you ever had to be the G.I. that has to carry the walkie talkies? Some of them are huge, like, the same ones they had in the vietnam war. It's much funner to pretend.

bipper
10-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Only when my agency and I are chasing down gifted individuals.

Dignified Pauper
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM
You should pretend to be air traffic control and lure aeroplanes into large buildings

That was just low, Manus. Really Low. We're sensitive about that here in Amerika. Real sensitive about things like that.

Only when my agency and I are chasing down gifted individuals.

You make me smile.

Stupid nextel is basically a walkie talkie.

YEAH! I hate those stupid phones that double as walkie talkies. In college, I always witnessed a certain type of person using them, and it made me so angry anytime ANYONE used it that I wanted to smack the phone from their hand and say, "I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU WERE PENETRATED BY LAST NIGHT!" If it was Loony BoB, call the police, don't broadcast it.