PDA

View Full Version : The Day the Earth Stood Still

Goldenboko
10-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Apparently they're remaking this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_(2008_film)). If they ruin this, I will kill all movie producers. All of them.

Madame Adequate
10-27-2008, 03:37 AM
Yeah Keanu Reeves plays Klaatu.

*Watches his watch*

Are they dead yet?

Goldenboko
10-27-2008, 03:41 AM
Yeah Keanu Reeves plays Klaatu.

*Watches his watch*

Are they dead yet?

I'm plotting good sir. In due time.

TEDDYRAY
10-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Really good movie in its day..

If its an action/adventure theres a 90% chance they"ll put
Shia Labeouf in it...

Ryth
10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I got really mad when I saw the preview for this. Keanu Reeves? Jesus Christ. I almost yelled at the movie screen. :p

Balzac
10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I know somebody that's in this movie.

Araciel
10-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Wait wait Keanu isn't playing the robot?

That would have worked.

Ishin Ookami
11-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Okay, seriously. Someone really needs to fookin die for this.

The day the earth stood still works as a fantastic movie because of it's sharp writing and great acting. I mean seriously, we studied this out back in my OAC drama class and everyone agreed that this could easily be adapted into a play if the performances could be strong enough.

Hollywood will just bugger it up. The slightest modern day special effect or snappy line will mess the movie up. It's supposed to be a social commentary on the paranoia and self destructive potential of the nuclear age and the war-like tendencies of the american culture in particular, and humanity as a whole. In todays age that would be even more potent, but these days hollywood just doesn't have the nerve or the talent to pull off a film like that.

Vermachtnis
11-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Come on, it is not like if this movie is bad it'll actually destroy the old one. And you never know, the movie might be good. Y'all act like because Keanu's in it, it'll turn out to be Klaatu's and Gort's Bogus Adventure or something. :p

blackmage_nuke
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I thought the original movie was hilarious anyway. Especially the part where the girl runs away from the robot and instead of running to the exit somehow manages to purposely back herself into a corner. Or that time they went out of thier way to explain inertia.

I think it would work well if they used some horror film techniques as opposed to an action film.

JKTrix
11-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I thought this was about
http://i37.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/4tlw01.png

I am disappointed.

Captain Maxx Power
11-02-2008, 07:34 PM
If Keanu steps out of the space ship and yells "I'm Ted Theodore Logan" then it'll officially win.