PDA

View Full Version : Midgar Zolom, damnit

whitechoco
10-27-2008, 05:25 AM
The Midgar Zolom Gives a Materia?? CUz a Friend keeps on telling me that when u kill it u get the materia to summon it.
Is that true? (Canīt Check it right now cuz i lended it)(THERE IS NO MATERIA!)
I dont think so cuz i have killed it lots of times (to Get Beta) But it just doesnt give me Materia.(THER IS NO MATERIA I ALREADY TOLD U!)
Maybe its only on Cd1 cuz my m8 is playing cd1 Right now.But dont know (and dont think so).(THERE IS NO MATERIA!!!! ASK 1 MORE TIME AND ull have to face my wrath)
Anybody Knows about this?:confused:

(Me Against my other self):eek:

Bolivar
10-27-2008, 05:34 AM
I don't think so, I would assume you're thinking about Beta, but you've already mentioned that, so I would have to say, no, I can say with almost 100% certainty there is no summon materia for the midgar zolom/whatever.

It is, however, a summon/Esper/Phantom Beast in Final Fantasy VI. A pretty good one, too, at least for abilities.

Momiji
10-27-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't think so, I would assume you're thinking about Beta, but you've already mentioned that, so I would have to say, no, I can say with almost 100% certainty there is no summon materia for the midgar zolom/whatever.

It is, however, a summon/Esper/Phantom Beast in Final Fantasy VI. A pretty good one, too, at least for abilities.

I can say with 100% certainty there is no such materia. :p

Meat Puppet
10-27-2008, 07:19 AM
I don’t think there is a way you can get the materia by killing it normally. Try using a white chocobo to go under the swamp... I think you can get it from there, if I recall correctly.

theundeadhero
10-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Then when you're under the swamp you have to use materia to transform it into an item, like how the ghost ship transforms into the book.

ShunNakamura
10-27-2008, 09:21 AM
The Midgar Snake Gives a Materia?? CUz a Friend keeps on telling me that when u kill it u get the materia to summon it.
Is that true? (Canīt Check it right now cuz i lended it)
I dont think so cuz i have killed it lots of times (to Get Beta) But it just doesnt give me Materia.
Maybe its only on Cd1 cuz my m8 is playing cd1 Right now.But dont know (and dont think so).
Anybody Knows about this?:confused:

You people are mean!

Anyways if I understand you right it seems you are talking about the ability that the snake uses(Beta if I recall right). It is fairly powerful for low levels and you can learn it with the Enemy Skill Materia if you have that materia equipped.

Saber
10-27-2008, 09:40 AM
You can get the choco/mog materia and the chocobo lure materia at the ranch but you don't get a materia for killing the snake.

Elly
10-27-2008, 10:22 AM
nope, there is no Summon Materia for the Midgar Zolom, your friend was just pulling your leg... the only thing you can get from the Zolom is the Enemy Skill "Beta" and that can be done at any point in the game where you have access to the Midgar Swamps even on disc 1... check the Materia list in the Official strat guide as well as all the online Materia lists and you'll find there is no Zolom Summon Materia...

The Ceej
10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
I can say, because I have killed the snake before, that you do not get anything special for killing it. It doesn't even give you a lot of gil or experience. I would recommend not wasting your time with it.

Also, you don't need a chocobo to go past it. Just run across the shortest part of the swamp in a zig-zag pattern. I haven't done this, but I've watched a former friend do it because catching chocobos was too hard for him. I told him there was no way he'd get across the swamp without a chocobo, and he did it on the third try. Now, he does it every time.

Momiji
10-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, it's worth fighting so you can get Beta, but that's it. :p

Aerith's Knight
10-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Dude, seriously, it's not a text message.

And it's bogus. You can save Aeris though, if you are mean to Tifa throughout the game, and level her up to 77, then Tifa will push Aeris away.

True, I swear promise. :shifty:

Roogle
10-27-2008, 06:45 PM
There may be some confusion on this topic because Midgardsormr, or the Midgar Zolom, is an Esper in Final Fantasy VI.

Momiji
10-27-2008, 06:56 PM
But the context explicitly mentioned 'materia', a FFVII implement. :p

The Ceej
10-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Well, it's worth fighting so you can get Beta, but that's it.

Is that an enemy skill? It never used that on me. Of course, they never use the good enemy skills or drop the good items for me.

I Don't Need A Name
10-27-2008, 07:39 PM
1st you have to revive Aerith by going to the church and pressing:
left, right, circle, square, L1+R1.
then kill the Midgar Zolom with just Aerith and she will get the materia

Saber
10-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Save your game right before you reach aeris in the forgotten city. press L1, L2, R1, R2, start, select right when sephiroth kills aeris. then return your saved game and she'll be alive.

Momiji
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Well, it's worth fighting so you can get Beta, but that's it.

Is that an enemy skill? It never used that on me. Of course, they never use the good enemy skills or drop the good items for me.

Yes, it is an enemy skill.

Dignified Pauper
10-27-2008, 10:18 PM
If you kill the Midgar Zolem 100 times, you'll get the Resurrect materia to revive Aeris.

I am so late on this...

Aerith's Knight
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
If you let yourself get raped in the honey bee inn, and then come back on the third disk, Aeris and a rubber chicken will be there waiting to.. do stuff to you. :)

The Ceej
10-27-2008, 10:47 PM
All these Aeris resurrection jokes have gotten me to wondering. Why are there so many rumors about how to resurrect her? Is it just wishful thinking? Don't people understand that her death was integral to the plot?

Big D
10-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Is it just wishful thinking? Don't people understand that her death was integral to the plot?'Yes' to the first question, 'no' to the second. She was a very popular character with a lot of players, and her death was rather unexpected. Losing a full-fledged party member is a rare occurrence in an FF game<sup>*</sup>, so people figured there was likely to be a way to bring her back, even if it was just a 'cheat' with no real bearing on the plot. I must admit, back when I first played the game - long before I ever had internet access - I tried a huge number of different methods to see if it led to her being retrievable later on. Even some pretty obscure stuff, like never letting her get KO'd during battle.

<sup>*</sup> No need for anyone to reply to this with a complete list of character mortalities. I said it's a rare occurrence, not a unique one.

I Don't Need A Name
10-28-2008, 12:04 AM
was i the only person who didnt like Aerith?

Momiji
10-28-2008, 12:36 AM
was i the only person who didnt like Aerith?

I didn't like her.

But then again, I don't like FFVII in general. :p

nik0tine
10-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Yes it does drop the Midgar Zolom materia and it is the best summon in the game but you have to kill 9999 of them before it will drop. Better get started.

Dignified Pauper
10-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Don't people understand that her death was integral to the plot?

Actually, it wasn't.

Bolivar
10-28-2008, 03:39 AM
All these Aeris resurrection jokes have gotten me to wondering. Why are there so many rumors about how to resurrect her? Is it just wishful thinking? Don't people understand that her death was integral to the plot?

I've been wondering, too. You ever hear that expression "where there's smoke, there's fire"? Well it only makes sense, THERE WOULDN'T BE RUMORS ON HOW TO RESURRECT AERIS IF IT WEREN'T POSSIBLE IN THE GAME!!!! Think about it! They had to come from somewhere! C'mon people, join me on the glorious march of regression, let's do it, let's crack the secret way to revive Aeris!!!!!!121!!21!

Seriously, the pulling the leg of the OP has gotten kinda lame. Also, I think alot of people don't realize that he/she even mentioned Beta in the first post...

whitechoco
10-29-2008, 05:16 AM
...I Know There is no Midgar Zolom Materia :mad2::mad2:
All of u have gone off topic!.:mad::mad2::mad2:
...(now i remember y i left this place:eep::eep:)

Cya!! Kweh:choc:

Rostum
10-29-2008, 08:16 AM
...I Know There is no Midgar Zolom Materia :mad2::mad2:

Then why did you ask?

Meat Puppet
10-29-2008, 10:43 AM
He was testing us!

Momiji
10-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Ah, how [!]completely pointless![/!]clever.

Aerith's Knight
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, don't I feel foolish.

Mercen-X
10-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Midgar Zolom... if it has a secret ability aside from Beta, it would be interesting to see. However, even if some jackass did program MZ Summon Materia into the game, I sure wouldn't waste my time going after it.

Just to be clear, there's also no way to resurrect Aeris in Final Fantasy VII. However, you can revive Aertith just before Cloud's flashback fight with Sephiroth if you escape from the crater and return to the City of the Ancients. Here, you'll be asked to sacrifice your Phoenix Summon Materia (and any of its spawned copies) to the lake instantly reviving Aerith. Yes, that's right folks. There at the end of Re: Final Fantasy VII, you can resurrect AERITH.

whitechoco
10-30-2008, 01:11 AM
MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
I wasnīt Testin i was only chekin cuz a Friend kept on botherin me about the midgar zolom materia.
....Donīt Bring Aeris back from the death (shes the real EVIL!)(Thats why Sephiroth killed her)XD
XDXDXDXD

Vivisteiner
10-30-2008, 01:15 AM
^You aren't the real Sephiroth by any chance?

whitechoco
10-30-2008, 01:19 AM
MUAHAHAHHAHA!!!
(Some ppl will have to be Silenced)

Vivisteiner
10-30-2008, 01:34 AM
^You know, if you're into subterfuge and secrecy it's generally best not to reveal your secret identity on public forums.

Then again, Sephiroth never was a thinker.

whitechoco
10-30-2008, 01:41 AM
>.< Crap thats true >.<
>.< NOW i will have to SILENCE EVEN more PPL MUAHAHAHHA!

Vivisteiner
10-30-2008, 10:25 AM
^Woah, you're so badass. xD

DarkBahamut
11-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Here is a tip: Never get excited to steal/mug/win/aquire materia from a battle at the "Winnings" screen. Battles never give you materia, unless a piece of materia falls out, which also happens only after a special battle which only is fought once. i.e, The Gi Nattak, which you fight once and it dies, gives you the first piece of "Gravity" Materia. This is either the first or second piece. The other one might be what you get from the weird battle in Hojo's lab (When Red XIII joins your team. Or is that Enemy Skill? Most likely.

Mercen-X
11-03-2008, 03:05 AM
The materia you win from the Materia Keeper.

Carl the Llama
11-09-2008, 03:44 AM
Is dropped on the floor.