PDA

View Full Version : Antony and the Johnsons

Moon Rabbits
10-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Any fans? I think his voice is so creepily amazing. He's so weird looking o_o;

I really like Bird Gehrl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYj6CKGJle8), it makes me want to die D:

Momiji
10-27-2008, 07:36 PM
He has the voice of an angel. I was hypnotized the first time Necronopticous sent me some songs.

charliepanayi
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Another contender for one of the best vocals in music in recent years. His voice is stunning. I have I Am A Bird Now and though maybe the music doesn't quite always live up to Antony's vocals, it's a very good album, especially the brilliant Hope There's Someone and the unsettling (in subject matter) Fistful of Love. It was great when the album won the Mercury Prize over here.

The new EP is good but the songs feel like sketches at times - I'm hoping next year's new album promises even better. Can't wait.

Antony's song with Bjork (The Dull Flame of Desire) on her album Volta is well worth a listen too.

Rantz
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, like charliepanayi I think he has one of the best and most intense voices of the decade. I love the intensity of the self titled album, and the overwhelming sincerity of I am a Bird Now.

I've only heard the new EP once, but I liked what I heard. I hope for a long and successful career for Antony.