PDA

View Full Version : Trophy updates!

Pete for President
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I just got an update for GTA IV making trophy's available on the PS3 version. I obtained some on multiplayer just now, and I must say it does feel good to be "awarded" for crazy stuff you wouldn't normally be awarded for.

In order to get trophy's in GTA IV single player you'll have to start a new game, which is kinda lame. I am going to start over some day, but for now I don't really think it's worth it.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are gonna be more trophy updates for other older PS3 games? Do you appreciate updates like these?

Discuss?:choc:

Magixion
10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
360 achievements ftw! :P lol just kidding. But I do know what you mean by getting the achievements, but in case you couldn't tell I am a 360 man, though they are basically the same.

Markus. D
10-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, they are the same.

It's nice to unlock 'em ay :D?

Roto13
10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
It's nice to have little extra optional goals, but I could do without the hordes of gamers showing off their e-peens.

I don't actually have any trophies yet, but I know there are enough Xbox 360 players out there whose lives are validated by their gamer scores. >_>

Dreddz
10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I have never cared for trophies or achievements. They're only there for bragging rights and I think gaming would be better if we all stopped comparing each others achievements and started enjoying the games.

And it doesn't help that every time I think of achievements I think of this picture.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3466/xbawksst4.jpg

Bolivar
10-29-2008, 04:54 AM
^ lol YES

Most of all, I'm glad the patch got released because it gives me an extra reason to go through the game again, which I intend to do sooner than later. All we need is a patch for MGO now!

Slothy
10-29-2008, 11:28 AM
I have never cared for trophies or achievements. They're only there for bragging rights and I think gaming would be better if we all stopped comparing each others achievements and started enjoying the games.

And it doesn't help that every time I think of achievements I think of this picture.

I like achievements the way Valve did them in the orange box. Mainly because a lot of them are actually fun challenges, and in the case of TF2's class updates, unlock some nifty new gear to use. Otherwise I don't really care that much. Particularly when trophies/achievements are thrown at you for things as simple as completing a level, or playing through a training mission. Yeah, those are some mighty difficult achievements right there. More developers could at least try and have some fun with them.

Pete for President
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I really hope they're giving MGS4 a trophy update soon. There are some serious challenges in the game which would make getting those trophy's quite interesting.

Momiji
10-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Achievements and Trophies and Gamerscores are overrated. Show me some recent mainstream games where score actually matters and then we'll talk. :p