PDA

View Full Version : Easy Ways To Encounter Deathgaze

Evastio
10-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Anyone know of any easy ways to encounter Deathgaze? Bahamut's the only Esper I'm missing now. Except for Raiden since I decided to keep Odin since I can learn Quick from Gilgamesh.

Apparently I heard that his location is in a set spot on the world map. I literally went on every square of the world map and had no luck finding him. I'm also interested in knowing whether Deathgaze is moving or on a stationary point on the map.

Roto13
10-29-2008, 12:28 AM
As far as I know, he spawns in one spot on the map and stays there until you find him or enter a town or something. Go to the corner of the map and then face a cardinal direction and turn just the tiniest bit. Like one degree. Fly in a straight line and you'll eventually get him. :P

Evastio
10-29-2008, 02:27 AM
Does landing change the location he's at?

I landed before I scanned the rest of the map for him. Since I couldn't do that one degree angle trick I just took advantage of being able to fly straight immediately after boarding the airship and held the L and R buttons to change my position without changing the airship's direction.

Roto13
10-29-2008, 02:39 AM
I don't know if landing changes his position. He's kind of a pain in the ass to find when you're looking for him. When I run into him, I just vanish/doom him so I don't have to look for him later.

Don't Vanish/X-Zone him, though, or you won't get the magicite. Though you're probably playing the GBA version, in which case that trick won't work at all....

10-29-2008, 03:21 AM
There is a really easy way to find him. 1-- make sure you're not looking for him. 2-- Have a weak party with low HP, preferably with a member or two already dead. 3-- Make sure you haven't saved since three sidequests ago. Especially if one of those quests is the magic tower.

Otherwise, the best thing you can do is be moving as close to due North as possible without actually being right on due North, hold down the A button, and read a book. I recommend Anna Karenina or Atlas Shrugged.

IPTC
10-29-2008, 03:59 AM
He spawns randomly.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Roto's suggestion is the best way to find Doomgaze. He spawns on a random location, on the world map each time it loads.

The Ceej
10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
There is a really easy way to find him. 1-- make sure you're not looking for him. 2-- Have a weak party with low HP, preferably with a member or two already dead. 3-- Make sure you haven't saved since three sidequests ago. Especially if one of those quests is the magic tower.

Yep. Works every time.

Evastio
10-31-2008, 12:08 AM

Yep. Works every time.
It's kind of funny that you mentioned that since something similar happened. After exploring the Dragon's Den for the first time and finding it too hard I left the place and went back on the airship which results in having only Setzer on your team. I fly around and five to ten seconds later I encounter him, he casts Lv. 5 Doom, and kills Setzer. :mad:

Although I know for a fact that strategy works after unintentionally doing something similar to it, I doubt that'll help me defeat him and get my Bahamut Esper.

Roto's suggestion is the best way to find Doomgaze. He spawns on a random location, on the world map each time it loads.
I guess this means I'll have to scan the world map again, except this time in one run.

Thanks, both of you. Also I'm playing the GBA Version.

Sergeant Hartman
10-31-2008, 01:10 AM
How much life does he actually have? He's kinda like Ultima Weapon from 7 isn't he?

Flying Mullet
10-31-2008, 02:25 PM
He has over 50,000 hit points, but he's programmed to run away after receiving so much damage. Should you deal enough damage in a short enough time the first time you meet him, you can kill him in one battle, although it's rare.

Evastio
11-04-2008, 12:14 AM
I've scanned the whole world map again without landing and I still can't find him. :(

Flying Mullet
11-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Finding him is one of the biggest pain-in-the-asses of the game. As others have mentioned, you'll never find him if you're looking for him and if you're not wanting him to show up he will. My only suggestion is to land and lift off again, thus resetting his location, move your airship one pixel to the side, then hold down the A button (I believe) and hope to find him before you end back up where you started.

Saber
11-04-2008, 12:49 AM
you can always have fun and travel around. When I was looking for him I just zig zag'ed all over the world. It did pretty good. Its good to get bahamut early cause he has the hp + 50%.

blackmage_nuke
11-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Maybe the elevation matters or something?

Sergeant Hartman
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't think the elevation has anything to do with it, it's just completely random.

scrumpleberry
11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Roto is right. But this isn't always 100% failsafe, I don't know why. Try about 3 cycles, and if it doesn't work then (save?,) reset, and try again. Have Anna Karenina to hand.

arcanedude34
11-07-2008, 07:49 PM
This is truth. I almost cried, seriously.

Exdeath
11-08-2008, 07:43 PM
He spwans on 2 tiles on the map. Elevation doesn't matter. His position changes whenever the world map is loaded. Just use the flying at a one-degree angle trick, tape down the A-button, and just wait and listen. When you hear the battle music, grab your controller/GBA and use a pheonix down on him. Easy.
Don't worry about finding him, I flew over the map 4 times before I hit one of the spots. Just don't stop flying.

blackmage_nuke
11-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Maybe we should make a game about it where we brag about how long we can fly without meeting deathgaze. That'd probably make him show up

Evastio
11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I fully scanned the map a third time already and I haven't encountered him. :(

I guess at this rate I'll have to settle for Game Shark Codes or Action Replay Codes that'll get me Bahamut...

Goldenboko
11-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Pft, that's completely unnecessary xD

Biukin
11-16-2008, 10:23 AM
you guys all know there is a way to have odin and raiden right all you have to do is kill the blue dragon with BREAK or any petrification spell then you will see the queen crack and turn herself into raiden ta da you have raiden and odin

and speaking of deathgaze does a pheonix down really work?