PDA

View Full Version : Crying..Brave Guy Leaps Off Cliff For Girl Making Some People Laugh N Cry.

FantasyGirl
10-29-2008, 11:54 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I was just up tonight browsing and I came across this video link and after reading the emotional comments to it I had to watch it. At first I was wondering what in the world was this guy doing moving around all these rocks and tires and bales of hay and then he climbed this super steep mountain at the end after swiming across the ocean and then it all came together and I was like OOHHHHHHHH MYYY GAWWDDDDDD!!! :cry:(tears in my eyes...now..) Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iIYRZWBd9Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iIYRZWBd9Y)

What do you guys think of this? I'm kinda old fashioned I guess but I just thought this was the most amazing thing considering the guy filmed it all by himself and gave so much effort.

Old Manus
10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
That's the cheesiest thing I've ever seen in my life. And I've seen a lot of 90s american family films. I started laughing when the guitar solo kicked in.

Ko Ko
10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
If he wants her back so badly he should posting an ad on craigslist. : /

Rantz
10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
He's such a dreamy guy.

Bunny
10-29-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't take this video seriously after looking at the related videos.

"Captain America Movie Conspiracy!"
"The death of Steve Irwin on video"
"Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart"
"Horses as you've never seen them before!"

wait...

k, that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

I Took the Red Pill
10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
hahahahahahahahhahahahahah

Mittopotahis
10-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah I'm sorry, that wasn't really touching at all. It's really something that he went through all that just to find a girl he hasn't seen in two years and tell her he loves her, but it was just way too darn corny. I admit it, I laughed. =P

Flying Mullet
10-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Touching, no. Corny, yes.

Roto13
10-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh god. You can tell just by looking at that guy that he's a complete narcissist. Constantly flashing those cheesy smiles at the camera. Wearing a black t-shirt he bought at Gap Kids. Carrying around a rock to show how strong he is. xP

Ha ha ha, at 3:47-ish, notice how he completely fails to turn that giant tire? xD Oh god, now he's spelling out "I *heart* U" in random crap. xP It's like, so bad it's good. Almost. But it's actually just bad.

XDDDDDDDDDD

"LOREN! I! LOVE! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!" I died.

I bet he spelled her name wrong.

That was gold.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2008, 04:59 PM
And he needs to move that giant tire, why?

Roto13
10-29-2008, 05:16 PM
To prove his awesomeness, of course.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh, yeah.

Anyways, this is when Rocky training montages go bad.

Levian
10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
You guys are just jealous.

I hope Loren sees this.

Chemical
10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
EDIT: She's not dead :P
~

It's a nice gesture - and really of all the things in this world that man has done wrong - dedication, love and cheesey montages aren't one of them.

Good role model for the Captain American title he's competing for; Using a loved one's memory as inspiration is something not everyone can do. He's really showing a lot of physical and emotional strength. That's the kind of embodiment judges want to see in a role model position.

Roto13
10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Cheesy montages are definitely one of them.

And it's not love, it's self-worship. You can tell by watching it, reading the description, reading his replies to the comments, everything.

Chemical
10-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Cheesy montages are definitely one of them.

And it's not love, it's self-worship. You can tell by watching it, reading the description, reading his replies to the comments, everything.

Different people show their love for others in different ways.

EDIT

I'm not sure I follow the same judgment call on his comments; his words are grateful, considerate and possibly inspirational and motivational to those who can understand or relate to the same kind of loss.

Roto13
10-29-2008, 05:36 PM
His words are grateful to people who blow smoke up his ass. He screens his comments so he won't get any who would dare to call his intentions into question or criticise him at all.

aquatius
10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
What if Loren sees this and gets scared by how much of an obsessed freak he is? I think she's probably moved on by now, idiot.

Chemical
10-29-2008, 05:44 PM
His words are grateful to people who blow smoke up his ass. He screens his comments so he won't get any who would dare to call his intentions into question or criticise him at all.

I noted a few comments where people may have disagreed or given notable criticism but he replied with understanding, patience and was still pretty considerate.

An Example:

jackkirven (1 month ago) Show Hide Marked as spam Reply dude, get a life. you're hot. there are other fish in the sea.

BoldRevelationsMight (1 month ago) Show Hide Marked as spam Reply Hi jack. Thank you for the compliment. You're right there are other fish in the sea but I always follow my heart and my heart never led me to go back fishing.(grins) I did what I felt was right and I gave it my best effort. That's who I am.

He took a risk in reaching out to her and expressing his feelings for someone he cared about.
He may move on - but maybe he doesn't feel like giving up so quikly ~ It's actually refreshing.

Roto13
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah? Try posting that without the "You're hot" part.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
The comments are definitely screened. I posted a comment basically saying this looked like a bad Rocky training montage and it said it was pending approval and it never made it.

Moon Rabbits
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
If he wants her back so badly he should posting an ad on craigslist. : /

Lulz serious.

I kind of agree with Roto on the whole self worship thing. To me it was a giant HEY LOOK HOW GREAT A GUY I AM ISNT IT GREAT LOOK AT ME LIFT THIS TIRE.

The video it's a response to (christian the lion) is quite possibly one of the most touching things I've ever seen, though (cheesy music aside).

Flying Mullet
10-29-2008, 08:39 PM
The video it's a response to (christian the lion) is quite possibly one of the most touching things I've ever seen, though (cheesy music aside).
The first time I saw the lion video I thought it was a gag with the cheesy music and the lion was going to attack the guy.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2008, 09:19 PM
He spelled "you" wrong. Personally, I think that's just lazy. If he really loved her, he'd get more tires.

Psychotic
10-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Couldn't he have just typed this all out in comic sans into an email called "FW: FW: Re: FW: True love conquers!!!"?

If he was feeling particularly feisty, he could have even added a note at the bottom saying that if you forward it to fifty friends, you will find true love! But if you don't a big fat man will come to your house and clear out your fridge. And then sit on your face.

Miriel
10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Sorry, couldn't force myself to watch the whole thing. It was making me cringe from second hand embarrassment.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0) video however, made me cry like a motherfucker.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Couldn't he have just typed this all out in comic sans into an email called "FW: FW: Re: FW: True love conquers!!!"?

If he was feeling particularly feisty, he could have even added a note at the bottom saying that if you forward it to fifty friends, you will find true love! But if you don't a big fat man will come to your house and clear out your fridge. And then sit on your face.

Psy, you should really consider writing erotic novels. :jokey:

Peegee
10-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry, couldn't force myself to watch the whole thing. It was making me cringe from second hand embarrassment.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0) video however, made me cry like a mothersmurfer.

The video in the quoted text is touching.

The first video is also touching. I don't know / understand what the problem is. Maybe I'm just in a sappy mood lately. Even if it's fake, was what the man did that silly? Did you expect better cinematography maybe? We're not all masters.

There's something intrinsic, simple about thinking and caring for the one that got away. I'd do almost anything to get another chance. A few days ago I was reminded to never take your loved ones for granted. Tell them how you feel about them (right) now, for you will never know when you may never get to tell them so ever again.

I wake up every day incredibly thankful for the people in my life. They know who they are, but they will probably never have any idea how much they mean to me.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Grow a pair, PG.

blackmage_nuke
10-29-2008, 09:56 PM
This would have probably freaked out all the Lorens in the world.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Serves them right for spelling their name like spazzoiks.

Balzac
10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Someone needs to replace the music with Montage off the Team America soundtrack.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I got a message back saying they are sorry I didn't like the video. Why didn't he accept my comment? :aimmad:

Peegee
10-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Grow a pair, PG.

I just might force myself to again. Crap has been happening against my better judgement as of late.

Meat Puppet
10-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey, it’s Harvest Moon!

~*~Celes~*~
10-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Hey, it’s Harvest Moon!

As much as I love Harvest Moon, that made me laugh.

The video with the baby was sad =[