PDA

View Full Version : this one time at band camp...

NeoTifa
10-30-2008, 02:27 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-cat-head-saxaphone.jpg

who else was in band/went to band camp/etc?

rubah, we all know what you did at band camp :shifty:

band camp stories encouraged :D

Bunny
10-30-2008, 02:32 AM
My family was murdered by angry flute players when I was 12. Thank you for bringing back those repressed memories.

rubah
10-30-2008, 02:33 AM
my band camp experiences were in 6th and 7th grade and are on the whole, completely unremarkable. I knew two people out of the hundreds there, which isn't enough critical mass to attract more people, really.

We did go on a ghost hunt and found a chalk drawing saying 'TURN BACK NOW', which was pretty great at the time.

All Region was slightly more fun, but similarly uninteresting. I'M SORRY I'M SUCH A BORING PERSON.

[the best time was at all state tryouts when me and this guy from Region I were sitting on this concrete block just talking until results came up, and we would be like 'OMG THEY POSTED FLUTES?' to see how many people would run up]

Momiji
10-30-2008, 02:34 AM
I liked being in band until I got into high school. Then marching band was required. Screw that. I was forced to waste my summer and some of the first semester on that crap. I hated it. The band teacher was a slave driver. Not to mention, at the end, he said he'd never leave us, because we're a team!

...that is, until he got a better offer at a different school. :rolleyes2

Rye
10-30-2008, 02:37 AM
I don't like band kids because they were disrespectful to the chorus kids, in High School. They thought they were better, because they had to do a WHOLE two weeks of band camp in the summer, despite the fact that they were terrible and the chorus was far better. Singing is NOT easier than playing an instrument.

NeoTifa
10-30-2008, 02:40 AM
i know. singing is very hard. thats why i cant do it XD lol. band camp is hard though, but we only had to go for one week :p

i got humped in the back of the head once by my hot section leader ^_^ mmmmmm XD

rubah
10-30-2008, 02:45 AM
half our choir was in band anyways

Momiji
10-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Singing is NOT easier than playing an instrument.

It is when you have to keep in step in a ridiculous formation, remember what notes to play, manage your breath, and keep time all at once, all while wearing a hot and restricting uniform that, frankly, looked stupid.

I've never heard of a marching choir. :p

Yes, I know you weren't speaking in that context, but still. ;)

Actually, the arrogant and disrespectful ones at my high school were the choir kids. :p

NeoTifa
10-30-2008, 02:57 AM
omg momiji!!! youre a genious!!!! a marching choir!!!!! XD our band sang though. every year we did. were called the singing band, actually. everybody in the tristate area knows us as that :p