PDA

View Full Version : I missed my chance!!!

blackmage_nuke
10-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Ive finished highschool and looking back ive realised that I have never taken to jigging / wagging / skiving / twagging / sagging / bunking / cutting class / doggin / mitchin / ditching / bagging off / skipping class / playing hookey. (Thank you wikipedia)

And now i realise i'll never get the chance to be a bad boy and experience the joys of having fun when against the rules (aside from me breaking the law). :(
And if I ever have grandkids I'll have no funny stories for them!! :cry:

Sure if I get into uni i can jig class there but its just not the same.

So whats your opinion on truanting? Discuss any truanting adventures you have had, or the lack thereof such as myself. Ever get caught? I think my regret might can be remedied with a little Schadenfreude

Flying Mullet
10-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Why not try it at uni, or is that not in your future?

blackmage_nuke
10-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Well considering im probably going to be paying for uni and nobody cares if im not in class(to the best of my knowledge) it's just not the same.

Bunny
10-31-2008, 03:36 AM
A lot of college professors still take "attendance" and have policies that prevent skipping class. It is rather stupid since you are paying for it and you are (at least in age) an adult, but they are still allowed to pass such rules. It seems to be the most worthless and boring of classes, too. Odd, huh?

I was never too big on skipping class. I usually slept through my high school classes and the one time I did skip, it was mostly just me walking out of school and going home.

Imperfectionist
10-31-2008, 04:19 AM
When you get a job, just pull a sickie and then sit at home in your undies all day laughing gleefully to yourself while stuffing your face with Jaffa Cakes. It works to a similar effect.

Not that I have ever done this obviously.

kikimm
10-31-2008, 06:31 AM
I never ever skipped school like a lot of people do. :P I dunno....maybe because most of my friends were all the over-achiever types who were taking all AP classes, 3 hours of sports after school every day...:P And I just never had a desire to.

theundeadhero
10-31-2008, 07:27 AM
One day in January many years ago I met this girl Cher as we were walking out of the cafeteria after lunch. We had both noticed each other around but never really had the chance to talk. That was our chance. We clicked together instantly. As it happened her next period was as a nurse's assistant and I wasn't really all that interesting in the class I was going to. We formed a plan. Ten minutes into the class Cher came in with a note saying she had to take me to the nurses office. Off we went together, skipping that hour and having a great time. Cher was such an awesome girl.

Dignified Pauper
10-31-2008, 11:34 AM
you mean yyour school had no senior skip day? Mine did, and we got caught and it was amazing. We didn't get into trouble though.

Bunny
10-31-2008, 07:14 PM
you mean yyour school had no senior skip day? Mine did, and we got caught and it was amazing. We didn't get into trouble though.

During my brother's senior year, the administration threatened to suspend all students who were absent without a reasonable excuse if they missed class on Senior Skip Day.

Yar
11-01-2008, 12:48 AM
You never played hookey? D: It's fun.

I tried to once when I was seven. :p I called myself in and they asked who I was. I said "my father." :eep:

When I got my license, I cut class and ran away to Cedar Point so many times. :shifty:

Goldenboko
11-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Skipping class is pretty boring at my school. I 'technically' did it the other day when I came into school late (half day I forgot times where different), and they said that my next class was 2/3 of the way over so I wouldn't get credit for being there, but go anyway.

Obviously I didn't follow such stupid directions :P

Roto13
11-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I tried to once when I was seven. :p I called myself in and they asked who I was. I said "my father." :eep:

That's adorable. xD

I skipped class once when I was like 6. I just wandered away at lunch. Scared everyone to death. I was just like "Screw this crap," and I went home.

XxSephirothxX
11-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I bailed on school a lot Senior year. Like 15 days, I think. I'm pretty sure my dad knew about it every time, unless he was out of town once or twice. It was never underhanded, it was just "I have no reason to go to school today" so I'd go back to sleep. Never hurt my grades or anything.

Jessweeee♪
11-03-2008, 02:32 AM
I've skipped one class period a couple of times, but never a whole day. I don't think I'll be participating in Senior Skip Day because in my city, everyone who actually does that decides to go to the beach. Always. And guess who's waiting there for them!

rubah
11-03-2008, 02:41 AM
did anyone else's school handbooks have a clause saying 'skip or "senior ditch days" are not permitted' very explicitly like that?

o_O
11-04-2008, 12:29 AM
I wagged a ridiculous amount of my final year at highschool. There probably wasn't a week where I went to all of my classes. Then I went to every class in my first year of uni, half my classes in second year and none of my classes in third year.

To be honest, I think it worked better for me that way. I learn things a lot more thoroughly studying on my own. :p

Yar
11-04-2008, 01:48 AM
I've skipped one class period a couple of times, but never a whole day. I don't think I'll be participating in Senior Skip Day because in my city, everyone who actually does that decides to go to the beach. Always. And guess who's waiting there for them!

Go to the not beach? :-/

blackmage_nuke
11-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the most annoying realisation is that I use to think going to school all the time was going to help me but now i realise that employers/university application accepter people dont care what you did before 10th grade and it never really mattered. THat and knowing i wouldve gotten away with it.

Jiro
11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I've skipped a few times, but it was only a class or two. I used to have sick days all the time, so I could do assignments that were due soon.
Nothing that interesting, except that time I walked to the train station and met a nice old lady who convinced me not to abuse one of my mean teachers :D

Peegee
11-04-2008, 04:00 PM
We used to have 3 lunch periods during a class. Students from lunch A take the first lunch and lunch C students took the third

A friend of mine used to take two lunches whenever we had a B lunch class. He'd go to class, get marked for attending, and when lunch came, he would leave and not come back.