PDA

View Full Version : Xion Theory

arcanedude34
11-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Ok, so, I was thinkin', like, I know who Xion is. I know... WITHOUT A DOUBT!!! Xion is Goofy! Hear me out, I know it seems far-fetched but I have proof.... well, not really.

But ok, Goofy wasn't content was sleeping that whole year. So he woke up, and dressed up as a little girl... Wow, this seems more crazy on paper. But c'mon, what do you guts think?!?!? :choc2::choc2::choc2::choc2::choc2::choc2::choc2::choc2:

It would add a neat little twist :tongue::confused::confused:

Wolf Kanno
11-01-2008, 06:11 AM
So basically, Goofy is actually a girl or Xion is a dude in drag and this ultimately represents what Goofy's Nobody is?

I'm certain Xion will be like most of the later members in Organization XIII and be the Nobody of some person we will probably never meet in the series. Going by the anagram of the names, I'll take a guess that her real name is Ino.

Tbh, I'm more curious about the later members of Organization XIII, especially Marluxia and Saix.

Ouch!
11-01-2008, 08:13 AM
So basically, Goofy is actually a girl or Xion is a dude in drag and this ultimately represents what Goofy's Nobody is?

I'm certain Xion will be like most of the later members in Organization XIII and be the Nobody of some person we will probably never meet in the series. Going by the anagram of the names, I'll take a guess that her real name is Ino.

Tbh, I'm more curious about the later members of Organization XIII, especially Marluxia and Saix.
Actually, most people are speculating at this point that she's somehow related to Kairi since she apparently resembles Kairi as she appeared in the original Kingdom Hearts (hair color aside).

While I still think it's more likely that she's going to be related to one of the new characters, there's insufficient information. Either way, I think it's highly unlikely she's just a random nobody.

Wolf Kanno
11-01-2008, 09:29 AM

Actually, most people are speculating at this point that she's somehow related to Kairi since she apparently resembles Kairi as she appeared in the original Kingdom Hearts (hair color aside).

While I still think it's more likely that she's going to be related to one of the new characters, there's insufficient information. Either way, I think it's highly unlikely she's just a random nobody.

She'll be important to the story but I wonder if her previous life will be. She may be like most of Organization XIII as only their Nobodies are important to the plot. Outside of Xenohart and Roxas, we know next to nothing about who or what the members of Organization XIII were like in their previous lives and judging how different those two are from their originals, we can't base it completely on how they are now after becoming Nobodies.

Granted, there is always the chance that any of their original selves may appear in other titles. Birth by Sleep may possibly show us the original people that became the future members of the Organization.

As for her looks... it might just be a coincidence since Nomura's characters tend to look similar to others he's designed. Terra for instance bears a striking resemblance to Zack Fair in his youth from CC.

Tavrobel
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I think it is obvious that she is a token hire, in an effort by the Organization to get past the gender-discrimination clause in order to remain a tax-exempt business by the Federal Government.

Conclusion? Organization XIII: Lawful Evil.

SeeDRankLou
11-02-2008, 12:02 AM
While it was mildly conspicous before, it's starting become somewhat of a theme for important things in this game to come in 3s.

Heartless, Nobodies, "Unbirths" (if that's what they end up being called)
Sora, Kairi and Riku
Mickey, Donald and Goofy (kind of)
Aqua, Terra, Ventus
Master Xehonart, Ansem (heartless), Xemnas
and now...
Roxas, Axel, Xion

There's little information, but as far as the scans and trailers are telling us these three seem to be a trio as well. I can't remember where I read this, but I think that one of the scans said that Xion is somehow connected to Kairi. Although I don't see how she would be Kairi's Nobody since Namine already exists, and since Namine and Xion are both together in a scene. While Axel has no known connection to Riku, it would make sense that Xion has some connection to Kairi since Roxas is involved.

What that connection is though, I have no thoughts on at the moment.

hhr1dluv
11-02-2008, 01:09 AM
^ Why wouldn't Roxas, Axel, and Namine be a trio?

Also, I have no idea who Xion is. :confused: When did people start hearing about her? I hope she serves an important purpose, because she sounds suspiciously like a Mary Sue character. :mad:

sdm42393
11-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Yay for Mary Sues in 358/2 Days!

FFIX Choco Boy
11-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Maybe Xion is Riku's nobody... Even though Riku never got turned into a heartless, and he's a guy, I guess it could still happen...

arcanedude34
11-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Nobody likes my theory? I think it makes perfect sense. About as much sense as the rest of the series anyway.

Tavrobel
11-03-2008, 04:10 AM
Really good troll or really bad taste? I'll bite.

Your theory doesn't make any sense at all. It's not much of a theory if you haven't explained any of its facets; all you have is a claim, and no evidence. Furthermore, there's nothing in the games that would even support your claim at all, assuming you had evidence in the first place. Even in your own post you have stated that you have no proof, and that your theory is "[crazier] on paper." It's not like the games are terribly difficult to analyze anyways.

Your argument would've had more weight, if you had referenced the event in KHII where Goofy gets hit on the head with a rock and is knocked unconscious instead of using the argument that "he wasn't happy to sleep for a year," which was fully explained in KHII: if he had moved, he wouldn't have gotten his memories back, pure and simple.

PuPu
11-03-2008, 04:16 AM
If what you said was true, then Axel is Reno's nobody.

arcanedude34
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Actually, I was just kidding about that. >_> I noticed there's a lack of a Xion topic and figured I'd make one.

Anyway, what exactly do we know about her so far? She doesn't want to be in the organization, she has blue hair like Aqua, and looks a lot like Kairi, and gets along with Axel and Roxas. Anything else?

Also, I'm a firm believer that Axel IS Reno's nobody. >_>

Ouch!
11-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Which makes me question any other "theory" you might have since as things currently stand, Reno doesn't even exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Aerith's Knight
11-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Is he like the Future Esthar of the KH forums? >_>

Tavrobel
11-05-2008, 01:27 AM
No, because FE's theories at least look like they could be plausible to anyone who hasn't played FFVIII; in his case, he is someone who reads too much into a game.

In this case, our OP is just simply wrong.

arcanedude34
11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Which makes me question any other "theory" you might have since as things currently stand, Reno doesn't even exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe.
Yeah, he does. He exists in Axel. Whether or not Axel is canonically Reno's Nobody, Nomura designed him with the specific purpose of putting a familiar appearance/personality in a new role. Word of god, if you will.

I just happen to think that Axel is also the Nobody of Reno.

Tavrobel
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Nomura designed him with the specific purpose of putting a familiar appearance/personality in a new role. Word of god, if you will.

And that you would happen to be wrong, especially because the characters were created ten years apart? And that they don't share the same personality at all? And that all of Nomura's characters look alike? And that even if we could use the "they look the same" argument, that there's no evidence that Nomura made them to be one and the same?

I am so convinced by your powerful rhetoric that I, too, believe that Axel is Reno's Nobody. In fact, I am so convinced, that I will attest that Roxas is, in fact, not Sora's Nobody. Sora is actually the Nobody of Neku Sakuraba. My logic is flawless, and my opinions, they matter.

arcanedude34
11-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Nomura designed him with the specific purpose of putting a familiar appearance/personality in a new role. Word of god, if you will.

And that you would happen to be wrong, especially because the characters were created ten years apart? And that they don't share the same personality at all? And that all of Nomura's characters look alike? And that even if we could use the "they look the same" argument, that there's no evidence that Nomura made them to be one and the same?

I am so convinced by your powerful rhetoric that I, too, believe that Axel is Reno's Nobody. In fact, I am so convinced, that I will attest that Roxas is, in fact, not Sora's Nobody. Sora is actually the Nobody of Neku Sakuraba. My logic is flawless, and my opinions, they matter.
Troll much?
And read the last paragraph. Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games: Reno-Axel connection., ff7 advent children, tetsuya nomura (http://en.allexperts.com/q/Console-Games-Nintendo-1242/Reno-Axel-connection.htm)

Tavrobel
11-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Nomura: To me, Axel is an existence close to Reno, created in the same concept, but they are different people. Those two are different people but subconsciously alike. I wanted to see how it would be to have completely different characters that are really similar to each other but hold different kind of roles in different worlds.

The P actually debunks you. The "word of God" says that they are different, and he further supports it by saying that their roles are different in each world.

arcanedude34
11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Nomura: To me, Axel is an existence close to Reno, created in the same concept, but they are different people. Those two are different people but subconsciously alike. I wanted to see how it would be to have completely different characters that are really similar to each other but hold different kind of roles in different worlds.

The P actually debunks you. The "word of God" says that they are different, and he further supports it by saying that their roles are different in each world.
He says they're different and in different roles, but Axel was CONSCIOUSLY modeled after Reno. His last sentence is exactly what I was saying in different words. Anyway, I'm dropping the subject.

Fynn
11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
This guy can't be serious... Am I the only one who thinkss that the whole Goofy-Xion and Reno-Axel thing is just an innocent little joke?

arcanedude34
11-21-2008, 08:08 PM
The Goofy Xion thing was, but I'm dead serious when I say I believe (key word) that Axel is Reno's nobody. Why is that so hard to accept?

Fynn
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but I have to agree with Tavrobel. Nomura himself said that it's untrue. The conection he mentions is stricly conceptual and has nothing to do with Axel being Reno's nobody. They just share a similar concept. Axel is Axel and Reno is Reno.

Ouch!
11-22-2008, 12:26 AM
The Goofy Xion thing was, but I'm dead serious when I say I believe (key word) that Axel is Reno's nobody. Why is that so hard to accept?
Using one character as a source of inspiration for another does not suggest a stronger link between the two. Your "evidence" does not support your argument.

arcanedude34
11-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Using one character as a source of inspiration for another does not suggest a stronger link between the two. Your "evidence" does not support your argument.

My God. I'm not trying to argue anything. I don't give a flying http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif what the rest of you think. I'm entitled to my beliefs and my own interpretation to Nomura's remarks. Can we just get back to talking about Xion? If you feel like you have to keep on belittling my beliefs of this game, kindly start your own thread, or get on AIM and talk about how stupid I am or whatever. Just keep it out of this thread.

Ouch!
11-22-2008, 02:52 AM

My God. I'm not trying to argue anything. I don't give a flying http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif what the rest of you think. I'm entitled to my beliefs and my own interpretation to Nomura's remarks. Can we just get back to talking about Xion? If you feel like you have to keep on belittling my beliefs of this game, kindly start your own thread, or get on AIM and talk about how stupid I am or whatever. Just keep it out of this thread.
In the same way that you're entitled to your beliefs, we are also entitled to criticize beliefs unsupported by any evidence. Your interpretation of Nomura's remarks aren't even an issue of debate as far as I'm concerned: he suggested they were created from a similar inspiration, but they are, as Nomura explicitly stated "completely different characters." As of yet, Reno does not even exist in the Kingdom Hearts continuum.

Let me put it this way. Let's liken Nomura to a writer/director of a movie screenplay, like, I don't know... Kevin Smith (of Dogma and Clerks fame). Now let's take an actor who tends to reappear in Smith's movies: Ben Affleck. In each movie, Affleck plays a different character. The characters usually tend to be insufferable assholes. They look alike. They have similar personalities. Smith certainly likes Affleck enough to reuse him. Would you suggest that Affleck's role as Bartleby in Dogma is the same as his role as the asshole in Mallrats? That they are inextricably related? No. It'd be ridiculous, because they're two separate characters entirely. You're trying to make such a comparison with Reno to Axel, and it's equally ridiculous. You're allowed to have beliefs, but we're allowed to criticize them for being something only explicable through wild, baseless speculation (such as fan fiction).

You opened up the topic of Axel/Reno in this thread as more than anecdotal evidence. You can't just fall back and end the conversation when you can't defend yourself with anything concrete. This isn't a personal attack on your intelligence; it's an attack on your suggestion that there could be any validity to an Axel/Reno theory beyond wild imaginings.

That aside, there's not much we can say about Xion other than that she looks remarkably like a dark-haired Kairi (and given Nomura's tendency to recycle character designs, it's always hard to tell whether or not such a thing is intentional). I still think it would make more sense to have her relate somehow to Aqua, though.

Fynn
11-22-2008, 06:48 AM
I remember once seeing a scan with a screenshot of Xion and a render of Aqua next to that and they looked pretty mushc the same. Xion even seemed to have blue hair there...

Ouch!
11-22-2008, 06:59 AM
I remember once seeing a scan with a screenshot of Xion and a render of Aqua next to that and they looked pretty mushc the same. Xion even seemed to have blue hair there...
In earlier pictures, Xion's hair did seem much more blue or purple, but now that we're getting pictures of her face (http://www.khinsider.com/images/!/newdaysupdate/days04.jpg), it looks black. KHInsider had a translation of a few scenes featuring Xion. Seems she's just as confused about her origins as we are.

PuPu
11-24-2008, 02:29 AM
http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Images/61161020081113_155014_0_big.jpg

When I look at this picture of Roxas, Axel, and Xion, it looks like they are really good friends and reminds me of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. I'm not suggesting anything more than that.

By the way, sorry about metioning the whole Axel/Reno thing. Only meant it as a joke.

Fynn
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
She looks so much like Kairi... Though it would still make so much more sense if she was Aqua's Nobody. Aqua and Kairi looked quite similar to begin with... This is intriguing! Now I want this game more than BBS!

Crimson
12-04-2008, 12:36 AM
My opinion is that she another Nobody of Kairi.

Why? well let's think about it, Namine was a "special nobody" because she was born when Kairi's heart was released from Sora when he stabbed himself with the Dark Keyblade.

Well my theory (and it's a pure guess) is that Xion was born when Kairi's heart went into Sora because in theory she did technically lose it, and when it was released again from Sora, it still counted as going through the "release" process which can create a heartless and a nobody, in this case it created Namine.

It's purely a guessed theory though.

Fynn
12-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't think so... it was said that Namine was special, because there was no darkness in Kairi's heart. That's why there was no Heartless and Namine was so fragile.

sdm42393
12-06-2008, 07:19 AM
It's pretty safe to assume any connections between Xion, Aqua, and Kairi isn't going to make much (if any) sense. I can just see Nomura going on some fan forum searching for theories to use.

Fynn
12-06-2008, 08:29 AM
*gasp* Maybe even this one? :eek:

sdm42393
12-06-2008, 04:52 PM
*crosses fingers for the Xion/Goofy theory*

Fynn
12-06-2008, 07:18 PM
*crosses fingers for the Xion/Goofy theory*

PWN'd :D