PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

SuperMillionaire
11-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_vs._DC_Universe)

Sub-Zero vs. Batman... Raiden vs. Superman... interesting matches.

Interestingly, this game does not have an M rating like the rest of the MK games, and DC heroes have "heroic brutalities" instead of fatalities.

CimminyCricket
11-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Green Lantern plzkthx

Slothy
11-01-2008, 01:05 PM
After watching the MK franchise make some strides towards being decent with Deadly Alliance and Deception, they threw it all out the window and made the incredibly crappy Armageddon. I've given up on the series, and doubt that a strange crossover is going to save it in my eyes.

I have to wonder what convinced DC to do this though. I know they're probably sick of their games sucking, but MK I'd hardly say MK is the answer to that.

SuperMillionaire
01-08-2009, 02:48 AM
I like the Free-Fall Kombat and the Test Your Might (smash the opponent through a series of walls) interludes within the gameplay.

Dreddz
01-08-2009, 08:57 AM
I plan to buy this eventually. The recent MK's sure weren't great but they weren't horrible either. This one apparantly meshes the old MK fighting engine with the new one so I'm interested to see if it can capture what made the first two (not MK3) so great.

Bolivar
01-08-2009, 07:31 PM
agree with Vivi22, Deadly Alliance was quite a surprise for the last generation, MK finally having an actual combat system, I enjoyed it alot but unfortunately the allure of fatalities didn't seem to translate well from 2d to 3d.

Despite cheesiness, much of what I've been hearing is that MK vs. DC is actually a pretty good game, or at least very fun to play. I hate to say it, but myself personally would only be interested when its price is depreciated. There's simply too many good games out, especially on the PS3, for me to spend time on any fighter.

Flying Mullet
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Games like this sadden me as it shows developers have no creativity as they continue to milk franchises.

SuperMillionaire
01-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Interestingly, in the US, this will be the first MK game to not receive an M rating by the ESRB.

Sephex
01-09-2009, 02:47 AM
The way the last boss dies is hysterical.

SuperMillionaire
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes, the final boss is Dark Kahn, a fusion of Darkseid (DC universe) and Shao Kahn. When either Raiden or Superman defeats him, he explodes.

Markus. D
01-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Is the game itself fun?

Because I had such high hopes with MK Dark Alliance/Deception (Pre-Armacrappishon)

Lionx
01-21-2009, 04:49 AM
I heard from people who play this that there is actually a competitive edge to this game like UMK3 and MK2. I dont know the specifics since i am not particularly interested in MK type games, all i know is that this game being played offline is a totally different and deep game compared to its laggy online counterpart from more serious players.

That and Green Lantern is top tier, and Superman already has an infinite. XD I initially thought this was the stupidest game ever, however it is good to see that many people dont consider it a horrible game and say it possibly has depth for once. :)

SuperMillionaire
01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Personally, I think MK should've crossed with Marvel...

Depression Moon
01-21-2009, 10:34 PM
That wouldn't have happened it already did with Capcom. I was thinking about trying it out when I do get a PS3.

SuperMillionaire
01-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Yes, but MK and DC crossing over does sound a bit awkward because the MK warriors are savage barbarians and the DC heroes are very sleek. Marvel would probably fit that role better...

Jessweeee♪
01-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Yes, the final boss is Dark Kahn, a fusion of Darkseid (DC universe) and Shao Kahn. When either Raiden or Superman defeats him, he explodes.

Hahaha, that makes me think of the MK movie when Scorpion just explodes when Johnny defeats him. I mean, I know he's a fire dude, but it was still pretty funny.

Cyric
01-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I played it on my brother's PS3. It was fun, but I probably won't buy it when I get my PS3. The Button-Mashers make the game pointless.

SuperMillionaire
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I played it on my brother's PS3. It was fun, but I probably won't buy it when I get my PS3. The Button-Mashers make the game pointless.

I guess the "test your might" interludes are not for you, then...

trancekuja
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Up,Up,Down,Down,Left,Right,A,B,A.
The only code I'll remember for as long as I live...

SuperMillionaire
01-26-2009, 11:04 PM

What was that code for?

trancekuja
01-27-2009, 02:52 AM

What was that code for?
It brings the kool stuff cheat menu;)

SuperMillionaire
01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Which MK game was that?

trancekuja
01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Which MK game was that?
MK3 for SNES:)

Winter Nights
01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Played it. It was alright, I guess. Most of the DC characters' special moves were just cheap rip-offs of the MK characters' special moves. Overall, it wasn't a bad game. Just pretty pointless.

escobert
01-28-2009, 10:48 PM
It's actually pretty fun. I'm not big into fighters but I had fun with this one.

SuperMillionaire
02-01-2009, 04:55 AM
Played it. It was alright, I guess. Most of the DC characters' special moves were just cheap rip-offs of the MK characters' special moves. Overall, it wasn't a bad game. Just pretty pointless.

The DC characters derive their special moves from their iconic powers.

Winter Nights
02-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Actually, they seemed to have taken those super-powers and used them to make new versions of already existing MK special moves. For the most part, anyways. There was some originality to a couple of them, but most of them were nothing exactly new.

SuperMillionaire
02-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Basically new ways to use their powers in battle.