PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia

.:kerrod:.
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
unsure if there's been a topic about this already, but i haven't seen one, so here we are...

my main question is: why were final fantasy XII characters left out of this game? it's highly likely this question has been answered many times and i'm too stupid to realize :p is it because it's a 20th anniversary game and XII wasn't released by the anniversary date (i have no idea when the exact anniversary was so i have no idea :rolleyes2)? is it because nobody liked Vaan? ;)

anywho, feel free to use this as a general discussion board for the game :)

Vivisteiner
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Because then everyone would be asking, where is 'Final Fantasy XI?!'.

Tbh, idk. But it could be for the reason you suggested.

PeneloRatsbane
11-02-2008, 04:19 PM
is a shame because they could have Basch and Gabranth, or Dr. Cid and Balthier, or Ashe and Vayne, would kick ass.

Exdeath
11-03-2008, 08:47 PM
At least you have me. ;)

Roogle
11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Is it confirmed that no Final Fantasy XII characters appear in Dissidia: Final Fantasy?

11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
oh, i'm not sure, i just assumed they weren't going to because i haven't seen any sign of them...i suppose i did jump the gun a bit :p

Vivisteiner
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
It is confirmed. They said that they've revealed all of them. Unless if they're secret ones, which I doubt.

11-04-2008, 03:38 AM
revealed all of them!? even the 'unlockable' ones (if they exist)? i demand to see a list!

EDIT: by 'unlockables', i mean side-characters (Vincent and Vivi come to mind as good characters to be included, among many others)

EDIT2: of what quality do you think this game will be? it has so, so much potential, but i really feel like it's going to be another let down :( and i don't know if i can stand another "so i was like, walking down the street, then got warped here with you guys" storylines, which i KNOW it will be...it's so cliche`/hackneyed, and it's just so shallow and boring...though i am aware it shouldn't really have a proper storyline because it just throws all of the FFs together :rolleyes:

Vivisteiner
11-04-2008, 06:01 PM
^I think it'll be a good game. Definitely worth buying. Just how good it'll be remains to be seen though.

I don't think there will be side characters. Instead they seem to be focussing on the heros and villains and making them unique and fun characters to use.

There will be a story and I hope it's good in the sense that I hope the characters remain true to their character in the game. The script is supposedly twice as long as Crisis Core's and the premise sounds like it has some potential, if done right.

11-04-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah, i think the 20 heroes and villains they have are too unique and in-depth for there to be a possibility of side-characters :(

Wolf Kanno
11-05-2008, 04:48 AM
There could be a few reasons why XII isn't featured, the skipping of XI is one of them. Its fairly recent as well and doesn't have the nostalgia level of the first ten games. There might even be some eternal politics going on as well. I just hope its not because XII was so poorly received in Japan.

Still, if they did have secret characters, I would love for them to be characters from XI, XII, and perhaps even XIII (imagine the hype of getting a sneak peak of XIII's antagonist by playing this game.) Sadly their is no evidence to suggest something like this will happen.

11-05-2008, 05:42 AM
well i read something a while ago that said FF XII wasn't out when Dissidia was first concieved/production started, so they had to leave it out...i still believe, like you, that there will be no unlockable characters (besides the 20 main ones), but i really wish there were some

however, i disagree with the characters from XI and XII or even XIII because they have no nostalgic value, as you mentioned, and i just think they would be dead weights in the game...on the other hand they could get you really psyched for the release of XIII, but, as mentioned, i doubt there are unlockables at all, let alone ones from games that haven't even been released (i refuse to acknowledge 'Luso' in Tactics to be an example of where square has already done this :p)

Wolf Kanno
11-05-2008, 06:05 AM
I just felt it would be a good idea to have them as secret characters. If I was making the game, its how I would have done it at least. Course I would have thrown Ramza and Delita into it as well cause FFT kicks that much ass. :cool:

Besides, at least they now have things to add if they decide to make a Dissidia 2

11-05-2008, 07:15 AM
haha, hellz yeah, throw some tactics people in there, i love that game :p if they do decide to bring out a dissidia 2, they'd have to keep the old one, and it would probably be on the next-gen psp :lol: (if they even bring one out...i hope they do bring out a second psp)

Unstoppable Pig
11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Maybe Ivalice gets its own Dissidia game where there are characters from Vagrant Story, Tactics, Tactics Advance 1- 2, FF XII + RW. By the way is there anymore coming Ivalice alliance games?

Those games have to also have more than one hero and villain each game since there are no 10 Ivalice games and some of them are direct sequels.

11-05-2008, 11:34 AM
i didn't know vagrant story was in Ivalice...how very ignorant of me :p

anywho, i don't think Square would consider that, i suppose it would depend on how well recieved this game is, plus there aren't as many (good) characters in those few games ^^ I honestly don't think they would ever consider something like that.

as for the Ivalice alliance thing, i was led to believe that it was only The Lion War, FF XII and FFT: A2 involved with that...but on second thought i supposed revenant wings, etc. would be in there too, so i'm not sure, i think at this point they've really done enough with Ivalice and it would be overkill to do any more, at least in the near future...

Jessweeee♪
11-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Of course there will be unlockable characters! Hasn't anyone noticed a lack of Cid in this game?

Wolf Kanno
11-05-2008, 06:02 PM
i didn't know vagrant story was in Ivalice...how very ignorant of me :p

anywho, i don't think Square would consider that, i suppose it would depend on how well recieved this game is, plus there aren't as many (good) characters in those few games ^^ I honestly don't think they would ever consider something like that.

as for the Ivalice alliance thing, i was led to believe that it was only The Lion War, FF XII and FFT: A2 involved with that...but on second thought i supposed revenant wings, etc. would be in there too, so i'm not sure, i think at this point they've really done enough with Ivalice and it would be overkill to do any more, at least in the near future...

Not true, it seems to me that the President of Squenix is transforming how the company does things. He is the one who intends to make the FF titles into franchises in their own right. The Compilation of VII is only the beginning and I'm certain the Ivalice Alliance is an example as well.

They will keep making them as long as they sell. Besides, their is so much more of Ivalice that is left to be discovered. ;)

Unstoppable Pig
11-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Of course there will be unlockable characters! Hasn't anyone noticed a lack of Cid in this game?

I was wondering too where Cid is. Is there going to be many Cids or just one and is he playable secret character or he is just NPC who hangs out at airship?

Saber
11-16-2008, 01:24 AM
what kind of game is it gonna be? TEKKen fighting, kingdom hearts, or normal final fantasy? I've been wanting to ask for some time now.

arcanedude34
11-16-2008, 03:30 AM
I predict that, based on this game's reception, there may be a Dissidia II (and up?) that features characters not depicted in this installment, including XI, XII, Tactics, TA, TA2, etc.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

Wolf Kanno
11-16-2008, 07:29 AM
what kind of game is it gonna be? TEKKen fighting, kingdom hearts, or normal final fantasy? I've been wanting to ask for some time now.

Its combat is a fighting game but whether it resembles any known fighting engines is a mystery and seems highly unlikely at this moment. We know characters can summon in the game and their are special circumstances that turn combat into traditional FF style ATB battles but beyond that, your guess is as good as mine. I'm just happy it seems fast pace, I just hope its not a button masher like Tekken and Smash Bros.