PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT WANT

scrumpleberry
11-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Eurgh, cauliflower! Eww, beetroot!

What foods don't you like? How picky are you with your food? Are you the sort of person who recieves an unusual dish and recoils, perhaps sniffing it tentatively, or do you lunge forward to taste it with gusto?

Aside from the aforementioned (and possibly tomato soup), I'm okay with all food. I love food, and I love to try new things. I made this thread because I just realised that loads of my friends are dead picky, whiny and not very adventurous with what they eat.

Momiji
11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Onions, garlic, olives, pickles, and fish. No thank you.

Yar
11-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Vegetables, yuck; but I'll try anything once to be fair.

Zeldy
11-02-2008, 06:18 PM
The only things I don't like are prawns, popcorn and sweetcorn, I'm not so keen on beans, mash and cabbage but I will eat them. Apart from that, I eat everything. One of my friends used to be so fussy that she didn't eat veg or fruit, it was shocking when I'd go round hers for tea.

I'm not really one for foreign foods though.

Vermachtnis
11-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Vegetables are the worst. I can stand like carrots and potatoes, but I hate the ones that smell worse when boiled. I also really hate soft and soggy food. Makes me gag.

BardTard
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm really picky. I only like a few things but I'm (rarely) willing to try things. Usually just because I don't want to offend somebody when they put hard effort into making a meal... but my favorite things are meat and junk food!

Rantz
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Not at all picky. Trying new food is great and eating good, varied food is one of my great joys in life.

Sergeant Hartman
11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I can't stand stuff like peas, sweetcorn, and cucumber, they taste of nothing.

Madame Adequate
11-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Brussel Sprouts.

Peegee
11-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I think I have had Brussel Sprouts but I don't recall it being bad. Maybe just lousy in taste.

I will eat almost anything as long as it tastes good. It's more spices that bother me than anything. Also whole ginger pieces make me freak out.

LunarWeaver
11-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I hate food to be honest. I hate when it comes time to eat, and I have to force myself to do it. I typically eat the same thing every day. I like to stick with the food I tolerate. There are a lot of things I would never eat, and I never go to restaurants for that reason. I am strange and should be caged.

NeoCracker
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I hate Codimants like Ranch, Ketchup, Mayo, etc.

And a few things like Olives and most sauces, inlcuding spahgetti sauce. :p

Other then that I'm a rather open eater. :p

And there are good Italian sauces.

Aurey
11-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I cannot stand corn, I probably hate it more than anything else. I occasionally eat beef, eggs, and noodles but for the most part they're unappetizing. As for specific dishes: goulash, chili, and anything casseroled. And boiled veggies are horrid.

So, I am a pretty picky eater, yeah. ;o

NeoTifa
11-03-2008, 02:15 AM
squid

Tavrobel
11-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Squid goes great when fried, served with a lemon and marinara dipping sauce.

Fix'd.

Green stuff is why the dinosaurs died. I refuse to eat vegetables. See, I have a code of ethics, too.

Momiji
11-03-2008, 02:17 AM
What's with all the corn hate here? It's not so bad. :p

Psychotic
11-03-2008, 02:18 AM
You will struggle to find a pickier eater than me.

Aerith's Knight
11-03-2008, 02:19 AM

I will accept that challenge. :)

Oh wait, I pretty much have a "Joey" aspect of eating. >_>

NeoTifa
11-03-2008, 02:23 AM
i love vegitables. hell, im practically a vegitarian! i dont like squash or anything like that

Levian
11-03-2008, 02:25 AM
I hate peppers. It sucks the taste out of food and makes everything taste like pepper. Peppers taste like the color green and colors are supposed to be looked at, not eaten.

There's other food too, but this is what makes me the angriest.

Aerith's Knight
11-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Peppers taste like the color green and colors are supposed to be looked at, not eaten.

Qwerty will be so relieved.

rubah
11-03-2008, 02:29 AM
I like a lot of foods, really.

qwertysaur
11-03-2008, 02:30 AM
I won't. I am absurdly picky in what I eat.

If the texture of the food is off or I suspect there is an ingredient I don't like, I won't touch it. I cook for myself quite often because of it.

Vermachtnis
11-03-2008, 03:17 AM

Because corn is the only food that looks the same going out as it did going in.

Madame Adequate
11-03-2008, 05:18 AM
I think I have had Brussel Sprouts but I don't recall it being bad. Maybe just lousy in taste.

The only things worse than sprouts are dying in magma, and more sprouts. And I'm not sure about the death.

~*~Celes~*~
11-03-2008, 06:08 AM
I hate hate HATE spinach. Sometimes I can eat squash and other times I can't...same with beets. Typically though, I'm not all that picky.

I <3 corn, peas, carrots, asparagus~ and brussel sprouts alone are nasty, but smother them in butter sauce and mmmm~~~~~~ I bet some sort of cheddar sauce would be good on them too ^_^

Momiji
11-03-2008, 06:14 AM

Because corn is the only food that looks the same going out as it did going in.

If you're examining how it looks when it comes out, I'd say you have bigger issues than corn. :p

smittenkitten
11-03-2008, 09:51 AM
I am a very picker eater I'll eat what i know I like. I sometimes try new things but it takes me a while to get the courage.

Miriel
11-03-2008, 10:51 AM
I have to hold back barf whenever I accidently eat cilantro. Man that stuff is nasty. It literally makes me gag.

Also not fond of cooked carrots (raw is fine), olives, capers, squash, certain mushrooms, certain fish, enchilada sauce... can't really think of any more off the top of my head.

I usually like to do a bit of research before eating exotic foods. I'm not really open to eating anything unless I feel reasonably sure that it's gonna taste good.

Momiji
11-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I have to hold back barf whenever I accidently eat cilantro. Man that stuff is nasty. It literally makes me gag.

Oh god, I forgot cilantro. I also don't like basil or ginger either.

Yuffie514
11-05-2008, 05:14 AM
I can stand to eat many things, but I really dislike onions and garlic in my food. Putting them near my mouth makes me want to hurl. I also have a major liking to sweets.