PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Watching?!

Rye
11-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Currently, my new shows are:

Hana Yori Dango (best J-drama ever) - Season 2, Ep 9
Secret Diaries of a Call Girl - Season 1, Ep 2

I'm going to start watching Dexter. I need to also get back into Doctor Who.

What are you watching?

Momiji
11-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm currently watching:

ef - A Tale of Melodies - (season two of the ef series, Ep. 2)
Kannagi - (new series, episode 4)
Yozakura Quartet - new series, just finished ep. 1

If the previous three I just mentioned weren't still airing, I'd have finished them by now. :p

Also:

Nanatsuiro Drops - I plan on starting this today.

I also just finished Mahoromatic ~Something More Beautiful~ today.

I watch anime because I can't find anything on TV that fascinates me. However, I'd like to start watching House sometime.

What's Hana Yori Dango about? You seem to carry on about it a lot, so you have my attention.

Flying Mullet
11-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Shows that we tape on our DVR:

Daily Show
Colbert Report
Heroes
Lost
Two and a Half Men
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
The Unit
ER

Roto13
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
The Office
30 Rock (WATCH IT)
Saturday Night Live
The Late Show
Heroes

I guess that's it. :P I'll likely start watching Lost and Scrubs again when they come back. Scrubs moved and is changing a lot, so as a long time fan who feels burned by the last couple of seasons, I feel obligated to see how it goes. :P

Bunny
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
House and Sons of Anarchy are the only shows currently airing that I actively keep up on. I also watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer because my girlfriend wanted to watch them and I own the DVDs for some.. reason.

Miriel
11-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I watch soooo many shows. So I'll just list the ones I saw within the past few days:

Pushing Daisies (I will go ballistic if this show gets canceled. It's amaaazing)
Entourage (hug it out, bitches!)
The Office
Grey's Anatomy
South Park

theundeadhero
11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I've been keeping up with Death Note as each new DVD is released. That's pretty much it.

Tavrobel
11-03-2008, 08:44 PM
American media: House, The Office, 30 Rock
Japanese media: Kannagi, Akane Iro, Clannad After Story, ef - a tale of melodies, Tora Dora, ChäoS;HEAd

Rye
11-03-2008, 08:58 PM
What's Hana Yori Dango about? You seem to carry on about it a lot, so you have my attention.

Basically, the description of it on the site I watch it off of, Mysoju.com:

Makino Tsukushi is the only poor student at Eitoku Gakuen, the school of the ridiculously rich and privileged that is ruled by Flower 4 or F4, a group of four boys who come from extremely powerful families: Domyoji Tsukasa, the leader and heir of the Domyoji World Finance Group; Hanazawa Rui, the introverted son of a large company; Nishikado Sojiro, a player who is the heir of a tea ceremony school; and Mimasaka Akira, a madam killer with ties to the underground. If a student gets on the F4’s bad side, he/she gets a red notice and is bullied and driven out of school.

Makino hopes to pass her days quietly-- without drawing any attention to herself-- but one day, she stands up to Domyoji in defense of her friend. The next day, Makino gets the dreaded red notice. Even though she is harassed, Makino decides to keep going to school because she is a “tough weed”. She declares war right back on the F4. Her resolve gets the attention of her crush Hanazawa Rui and oddly enough, rouses romantic feelings in her worst enemy, Domyoji Tsukasa.

It sounds like a crazy live action Ouran Host Club, but it really isn't. It's outrageous and silly, but it's so good. It's sad, romantic, funny, shocking! All in one! Best drama ever!

Kirobaito
11-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I watch Heroes and Family Guy right now. I'll get back into Lost and 24 after the new year.

Moon Rabbits
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/par11.jpg

scrumpleberry
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
LOST
Heroes (need to start new season!)
Desperate Housewives
Ugly Betty

Yeah that's about it :)

LunarWeaver
11-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Chuck
Heroes
Fringe
Pushing Daisies
South Park
Ugly Betty
Grey's Anatomy
The Simpsons
Family Guy
30 Rock
Desperate Housewives

A lot of it has to be DVR'd or watched online later.

Someone help. Give me your life, I need one.

Edit:

Pushing Daisies (I will go ballistic if this show gets canceled. It's amaaazing)

I will too :( That show is so good and doesn't get the recognition it deserves. It has some really great characters and writing. This thing (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/10/14/easy-money-life-ex-list-pushing-daisies-til-death-most-likely-to-be-cancelled/6199) is pretty old now, but according to it Pushing Daisies is likely to be canceled. Some of the shows that were in the red already have been. I have a feeling they'll let it play out then not renew it.

Balzac
11-03-2008, 11:02 PM
House
Keith Lemon's Celebrety Juice
Merlin

Yar
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
30 Rock, The Daily Show, Saturday Night Live and Late Night with Conan O'Brien are the only things that I watch regularly. It's also hockey season, so I watch games when they're on.

Then there are some shows that I would never in public admit to watching, like Rock of Love Charm School, Paris Hilton's BFF, Jon and Kate Plus Eight, and, of course, Oprah.

Namelessfengir
11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
heros
life
caruso
chuck
ncis
life on mars (last week he passed himself off as detective Luke Skywalker)
starwars clone wars
knight rider

Breine
11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't watch anything at the moment. You don't really come by TVs that often while backpacking, and on top of that you hardly ever have the time (or, big shock, feel like watching TV that much). I did however watch an episode of The Sopranos in Hong Kong, and saw a made for TV horror movie called When a Stranger Calls the other night here in Nepal.. but that's about it.

Oh no wait a minute, they had HBO at the hotel and so I also saw a little bit of Meet Joe Black (for some unknown reason), and the second half of The Mask of Zorro.

I'll go back into my usual TV whore stage when I come back home, though, that's for sure. Who am I kiddin'.

MedctnStn
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I try and watch all of these when I'm not working at night or if I don't forget to.

Monday- The Big Bang Theory (non-stop laughs), Monday Night Football
Tuesday- House
Wednesday- Man vs. Wild
Thursday- Survivor, CSI sometimes
Friday- Survivorman (starting this Friday), Numbers
Saturday- whatever
Sunday- NFL

I try and watch the New Jersey Devils NHL games whenever I can

Leeza
11-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Heroes
Lost - when it returns.
ER
House
Grey's Anatomy
24 - when it returns.
Desperate Housewives
Chuck - I love Chuck, but mostly I love John Casey (Adam Baldwin) because of his role in Firefly.
Fringe - one of the best new shows, in my opinion.
Dexter - I bought the boxed second season so I'll watch that insead of the scheduled time when/if it starts up here again.
Life
Caruso
NCIS
CSI
Lipstick Jungle
Dirty Sexy Money
Terminator
Eureka
Smallville
Supernatural - this is my favourite.
Torchwood

I watch way too much TV. There are probably some that I missed up there as well. Most of these get recorded though so I can watch them when it's convenient for me.

Dragonfire
11-05-2008, 04:27 AM
mostly just house, true blood, and detective conan every now and then

JKTrix
11-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers was an anime a while back, I think you can actually buy both the original manga and the anime DVDs in English.

As for stuff I'm watching: I don't actually have any kind of cable/satellite running through my TV, so that is completely blank. A lot of anime though. New things I'm actively following:

Detroit Metal City (warning: content is extremely awesome and EXTREMELY vulgar)
Soul Eater
Xam'd
Casshern Sins
Kurozuka
Michiko & Hatchin
Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter
Tytania

Legend of the Galactic Heroes continues to be a steady journey, plus a huge chunk of older shows I'm either re-watching at leisure or finishing off.

Cz
11-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm finally, finally getting round to watching the Six Feet Under DVDs I bought a while ago. That's occupying most of my TV time at the moment. The only other things I make a point of watching regularly are sports and Top Gear. :p

Momiji
11-06-2008, 07:59 PM
To add to my previous list, I'm also watching Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Toradora!.

edczxcvbnm
11-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Prison Break

sharkythesharkdogg
11-07-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm watching.....

Blue Planet (Nova or Discovery I think)
Fairly Odd Parents (!!!)
Top Gear (although Clarkson IS a horse's ass)
Metalacolypse
Squidbillies
Re-watching
Ranma 1/2
Bubble Gum Crisis & BC 2020

Really anything on Discovery, Animal Planet, or Cartoon Network.

IronOcean
11-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Entourage (best show ever)
I started buffy over again god help me
its always sunny in philidelphia
The Office
South Park
30 Rock(Im starting it LUNAR! get off my bawls :D )

Spiffing Cheese
11-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Currently watching Heroes season 3, House season 5, Grey's Anatomy season 5, Private Practice season 2 and rewatching Gilmore Girls season 6 and Ally McBeal season 4, 'cause I Robert Downey Jr. rules all. :p

EDIT: And obviously Doctor Who and Torchwood, when they're back on. WHY, DAVID TENNANT, WHYYYYYYYY???

Rostum
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
In the last few months:
Dexter
Californication
Supernatural
Life
30 Rock
Doctor Who

Sometimes:
House
NCIS

Once the 7th season comes out for Scrubs, I'll be watching season 1 to 7 in an intense marathon. Also currently downloading all seasons to X-Men: TAS and Batman: TAS. They should be good to watch.

SeeDRankLou
11-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
CSI:Miami
Private Practice
CSI:New York
Grey's Anatomy
CSI
Desperate Housewives
Brothers & Sisters
Total Drama Island

Jojee
11-12-2008, 03:16 PM
House - I'm in the mid of season 3
Heroes - Pretty up to date, maybe an episode or two behind. Show is disappointing.
Life - a few episodes behind, but good show.

Leeza
11-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh, I am also watching My Own Worst Enemy. I love it. :)

Momiji
11-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm watching Nodame Cantabile now; up to episode 9. I love it.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Charmed, almost done the third season. Also have Queer as Folk on hiatus. Just got the 5th (final) season left to watch. :D

Ouch!
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Gundam 00, Season 2. That is all.

MadeOfApples
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
House and Sons of Anarchy are the only shows currently airing that I actively keep up on.

Same.

I usually find myself unable to catch a TV show every week so I tend to avoid getting in to shows. I liked Heroes and Lost but I missed so much that I don't watch it anymore, plus Heroes has been so disappointing lately.

So... Besides House and Sons of Anarchy, I watch mainly the discovery, history, and learning channels.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-15-2008, 12:22 AM
In the mornings when I don't feel like actually paying attention or learning, but I still want a show on animals I'll watch WildBoyz. It's to a nature show what bologna is to kobe beef, but dammit it's 4:15 am and I can't concentrate that early.

crono_logical
11-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Shugo Chara! :D I'm in the mood for something less grown-up, although there is the occasional innuendo which makes me wonder what target audience they're trying to appeal to at times :p