PDA

View Full Version : Wanna play SNES with me?

Levian
11-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Most of my real life buddies have sucky taste in games. They really do, EoFF, they really do. I've never used the Netplay function in Zsnes, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to try it out. So anybody wanna play some co-op with me?

Games I'd definitely be interested in playing:
Donkey Kong 2
Donkey Kong 3
Lost Vikings
Lost Vikings 2
Mighty Max
Mickey & Minnie - The Great Circus Mystery
Mickey & Donald - Magical Adventure 3
Mystical Ninja
Turtles in Time

or any other game if they're cool :D Maybe even FFV since it's that month and all.

Would be fun if you have a microphone too, so we could curse at eachother when the other one is screwing up.

Also everybody feel free to use this as a hookup thread if you want to play a game with someone.

Momiji
11-05-2008, 01:57 AM
I've always been interested in trying it.

Anyone wanna play Kirby Super Star with me? You can be my helper. :3

Roto13
11-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Mystical Ninja is quite awesome.

Moon Rabbits
11-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Amazing! I never even thought of using that feature.

CONTRA 3 OR SMASH TV OR GTFO.

MadeOfApples
11-05-2008, 02:47 AM
The multilayer feature works well enough.

I'm up for some Tetris Attacks >_>

JKTrix
11-05-2008, 02:57 AM
The good old days of playing DBZ Hyper Dimension and DBZ Super Butoden on Snes9x over school networks...

Definitely something I'd be willing to try on a decent enough game.

Levian
11-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Stop being boring and somebody play with me already. geez.

Magixion
11-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Most of my real life buddies have sucky taste in games. They really do, EoFF, they really do. I've never used the Netplay function in Zsnes, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to try it out. So anybody wanna play some co-op with me?

Games I'd definitely be interested in playing:
Donkey Kong 2
Donkey Kong 3
Lost Vikings
Lost Vikings 2
Mighty Max
Mickey & Minnie - The Great Circus Mystery
Mickey & Donald - Magical Adventure 3
Mystical Ninja
Turtles in Time

or any other game if they're cool :D Maybe even FFV since it's that month and all.

Would be fun if you have a microphone too, so we could curse at eachother when the other one is screwing up.

Also everybody feel free to use this as a hookup thread if you want to play a game with someone.

I would be up to play any of these! I have plenty of time to play as well because I am in class, though my mic is quite crappy on my laptop. ZSNES does have a chat feature though! Let me know whenever you are free and let's play! Or add me on MSN or something.

MSN: ry_guy_hutson@hotmail.com

KentaRawr!
11-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I'll see if I can still run Zbattle, in case there's any reason as to why I wouldn't be able to. I'd like to mention that Seiken Densetsu 3 is a great co-op game, though, so if any of you play co-op with Levian here, make sure you play Seiken Densetsu 3.

Bahamut2000X
11-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm down. FFV or any RPG I think would be fun.

Though I'm always down for some Lost Vikings action or Turtles in Time too.

Jowy
11-06-2008, 07:11 PM
SNES Multiplayer with RPGs is so goddamn boring.

Seiken Densetsu 3 and Pocky and Rocky are recommended for multiplayer fun happy time.

Psychotic
11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Would anyone like to play Custer's Revenge (aka Westward Ho or General Retreat) with me? Look it up on Wikipedia if you don't know it, because you're missing out on a classic.

Roto13
11-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I prefer Beat 'em and Eat 'em.

(Too bad these are Atari games.)

Momiji
11-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Are those two-player games, anyway? :p

Roogle
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Playing Final Fantasy V online can be pretty fun because each player manages two characters. You can tell a lot about the other person by their style of playing.

I would love to play Final Fantasy V online with someone in a courting, romantic sort of way.

Levian
11-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Okay cool, I'll add you to MSN, magixion.

and would be cool to play Lost Vikings, Bahamatt! I think actually 3 player is possible there where we can control all vikings at once. :o I saw someone do it on youtube. that would be especially awesome! They did it on a Sega emulator though, but that's easy to fix.

Bahamut2000X
11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I would love to play Final Fantasy V online with someone in a courting, romantic sort of way.

Rawr. :love:

blackmage_nuke
11-07-2008, 03:05 AM
I never figured out how to get netplay to work so if any of you figure it out please explain it to me!

Roogle
11-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Rawr. :love:

But, at the same time, I would not be able to play with someone unless they were serious about it.

Bahamut2000X
11-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Am I ever not serious? >.>

Levian
11-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I never figured out how to get netplay to work so if any of you figure it out please explain it to me!

Yeah, what the hell is up with that! Apparently it's near impossible to netplay if you're using a router. Wired connection seems to be the way to go. Too bad my laptop rejects everything that's wired. :(

also:

- Both yer roms needs to have the exact same name
- You have to use the same version of the emulator.
- Turning off firewalls may help.
- That thing Zsnes lists as your IP is not actually your IP. This is your ip (http://www.whatismyip.com/).

But yeah, don't listen to me. I haven't been able to make it work either, but that's probably because of the router.

NeoCracker
11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Did you try forwarding your ports?'

Edit:
PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall (http://portforward.com/)
That site can guide you through it.

A lot of things work a lot nicer if your ports are fowrarded, and some stuff doesn't even work over routers otherwise, like transfering files over irc.

Levian
11-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I know that's what I need to get it to work with a router but it's just too hard to understand for my mediocre brain. D:

MadeOfApples
11-09-2008, 02:27 AM
If anyone wants to play some ZSNES with me...

AIM = MadeOfApples
Yahoo = MadeFromApples
MSN = Incorporealsoul@hotmail.com

I am behind a router and I can play ZSNES just fine. You have to set up your router to allow it though.