PDA

View Full Version : Eyes off Plays Final Fantasy XI

Baloki
11-05-2008, 07:31 PM
http://ff11europe.com/images/image.jpgEyes on Plays FFXI Online For Free
So Square-Enix being the magnificent beings they are have released a free 14 day trial version of FFXI available by clicking here (http://ff11europe.com/index_en.html), so visit the site, download the game and join us on the Midsomgar server for 14 days of Eyes on Plays FFXI!

GOGOGOGOGOGO, also all screenshots should be posted in this thread of all the epic EoFF related adventures you go on!

theundeadhero
11-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry but the official EOFF Eyes on Plays FFXI will be done on the Pandemonium server.

Roogle
11-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Actually, it will be done on the Midgardsormr server. I think the majority of players in this forum are located on the Midgardsormr server for some reason.

Baloki
11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
:D

Citizen Bleys
11-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Count again. I think Lionx is the only one on Midgard anymore. Pandemonium has me, Del Murder, Miriel, Ouch!, and Omecle on one LS, and a couple more outside of it.

Del Murder
11-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Ouch and Ome just moved back to Midgard because apparently we suck. :(

However I still think we have the numbers.

Shoeberto
11-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Stickied.

I might try this out a bit though I doubt I'll commit to a whole lot.

Del Murder
11-06-2008, 03:01 AM
Uh, why are we doing this at the same time as FFV? And why is Baloki hosting it?

Bahamut2000X
11-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Gosh darnit, do I need to make me up a mule on Pandy now! I can barely keep up on Cait Sith as it is!

rubah
11-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Updated thread title to be more accurate.

Rostum
11-06-2008, 05:22 AM

You're awesome, but sadly things just didn't work out on Pandemonium. :(

Baloki
11-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Uh, why are we doing this at the same time as FFV? And why is Baloki hosting it?

Because the free trial only lasts a limited time and I'm running it cos no-one else is

Ouch!
11-06-2008, 10:01 AM

You're full of awesome, sir. Just check out the thread in the TS fora for examples as to what is not so awesome.

By my count, Midgardsormr has the following: Ouch, Omecle, Roogle, Ultimage, Lionx, and strawberryman. Apparently Baloki, too. There's also a slew of former EoFFers there as well.

Flying Mullet
11-06-2008, 02:40 PM
If I had the time this would be an entertaining way to waste two weeks. :)

Bahamut2000X
11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Quick someone decide, Pandy or Midgar before I create a mule today!

Baloki
11-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I already decided, Midgar!

Citizen Bleys
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Bugger, bugger, bugger.

That cuts the number of people I actually know on Pandy in half.

Ouch!
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Bugger, bugger, bugger.

That cuts the number of people I actually know on Pandy in half.
Clearly the solution is that EoFF's remaining Pandy population should move to Midgardsormr.

Rostum
11-07-2008, 12:32 AM
If they do I'll make a linkshell for everyone. :p

Citizen Bleys
11-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Have I been on Pandy 3 months yet? I don't think I CAN switch servers again this soon.

Convince Del Murdiddlyurderer and you've convinced me. Eleni hasn't been on more than a few minutes at a time when I've been playing since about 2 days after I switched over ;)

Del Murder
11-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Eh, it's hard to say F U to people I've been playing with for 2 years. Not that I'm particularly attached to any of them, I'm just a loyal guy.

Also I'm lazy and cheap.

Citizen Bleys
11-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Suits me. I can buy a lot of beer with $35.

Mirage
11-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Hey guys, I'm on midgard. I even made Enano start the trial.

Misfit is on Midgard too, if we can manage to get her out of WoW. (I've done it once but Jowy dragged her back >:()

Masamunemaster
11-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I really love how I can say Im in pandy in every single thing on here but nobody ever even bothers to mention me...or even reply to tells, so far I think ouch is the only one other than Tmoney....who said maybe hi when I first started...thats all Ive heard from anyone off EOFF

Mirage
11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah that's why you move to midgard ;)

Rostum
11-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Perhaps someone should make an EoFF-based linkshell? :p

Masamunemaster
11-09-2008, 03:35 AM
I would do it if I had 8k that didnt need to go towards some shadows tools in a few days

Baloki
11-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I have a spare 5k I could donate towards it ^o^

Masamunemaster
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
bring it to pandy and Ill see ya there

KentaRawr!
12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, that trial's done by now, I think. >_> But when Let's Play FFXI Rolls around, what should we do? Beat the story missions? o_o

Misfit
12-14-2008, 02:33 PM
By the way - We have one of these made on Midgard, 8 people in it so far~! :D

Rye
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I might start trying to play FFXI. =O Hope I don't get addicted.

Iceglow
12-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Damn IGN takes forever, plus IE compatable downloads, active X controls...grrr! If you have the installer loki, send it over so I can play.

KentaRawr!
12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
By the way - We have one of these made on Midgard, 8 people in it so far~! :D

Once I make my character for Midgard, I plan on joining as well, which would make that go up to 9.

Iceglow
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
ONCE IGN lets me damn well download the damn file I will install and hopefully get online too.

Rye
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
I'M DOWNLOADING IT. I DUNNO WHICH SERVER I'LL GO ON THOUGH. CONVINCE ME, GUYS.

Rye
12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry for the double post:

This is being ridiculous and is not taking my registration code. I tried to get another one for another email address and it's not cooperating. Ughhhh, what do I do?

EDIT: lolololol I'm dumb and tried to use a european code. However, I'm trying to use another email and it's telling me it won't give me an American registration code for now and to wait until later. UGH.

KentaRawr!
12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Go on Midgard, 'cause I'm there! :D

Iceglow
12-16-2008, 12:04 AM
You know, the worst thing about this? I had to disable IE's basic protected mode and my firewall before I could download and install the damn downloader so I could download the game :mad: SE get major negativity points for that. Disabling all my security to open a file is never a good thing.

Rye
12-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks to Zach, I got a registration code. Now to wait... 9 hours as this updates. D:

Misfit
12-16-2008, 04:18 AM

Who are you on Midgard? I MUST KNOW.

Rostum
12-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Friem, I helped him out with some quests. :D

Btw. I am still thinking of making my own shell. Not just for EoFFers but you all are welcome.

Markus. D
12-16-2008, 10:21 AM

Btw. I am still thinking of making my own shell. Not just for EoFFers but you all are welcome.

Guys! Totally do eet.

He's a superomegaTaruladinofDOOM

Rye
12-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Was gonna join Pandemonium, but it sounds like everyone on it is gone. ;; So Midgard it is! =O

Hux is joining that too.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Yep, I'll be getting in on that later. You're lucky WoW is down today because if FFXI didn't have this chance to hook me I'm not sure I'd even fire it up :p

Flying Mullet
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
If low-level people are still playing after Christmas I might join in. I have a week off of work and nothing planned. :D

Misfit
12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Oh good, I hope it's not a crappy green color! ;D JK ROOGLE~ <3

If low-level people are still playing after Christmas I might join in. I have a week off of work and nothing planned. :D
Even if we're not all low-level, we can still all level sync down to your current level and party together. So say you're level 10 ready to make a Valkurm Dunes party to get exp, and I'm level 70! I can still join your party, level sync to you and become level 10! Ah, the joy of level sync~!

Crossblades
12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Darn you all....you're making me want to move to Midgard =(

Rye
12-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Ryechuuu
Midgard
In San D'oriaidasdefsfjf elf land starting place

:bigsmile:

KentaRawr!
12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
It's an EoFF-FFXI-Midgard Epidemic! :D

Miriel
12-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Have I been on Pandy 3 months yet? I don't think I CAN switch servers again this soon.

Convince Del Murdiddlyurderer and you've convinced me. Eleni hasn't been on more than a few minutes at a time when I've been playing since about 2 days after I switched over ;)

Sorry, I've been busy with life! Life has slowed down now, so I'll probably be playing again.

Also, NO to switching servers. I was like level 40 with an awesome awesome linkshell (seriously, I doubt I've ever find one as fun as this LS ever again) on the Asura server when Misfit convinced me to switch servers. So I did. This was back when you COULDN'T transfer characters so I had to start all over. And she quit the game, leaving me on Pandemonium with no one! Not even a linkshell! I was all lost and alone until I finally stumbled across a really great and helpful linkshell and it was through THAT linkshell that Del Murder and I were able to get to lvl 75.

And would ya look at that, Misfit has gone and abandoned me again by moving to Midgar.

I'm pretty sure that if I switch servers, Misfit will quit within a few weeks and make me sad again. I'd love to play with Rye, but I thinks she's only playing for the duration of the free trial. And 8-10 people for a linkshell is pretty small!

Flying Mullet
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
That's the other problem, I don't know if anyone will be on when I get around to playing because the free trial will be up for them. ;_;

Lionx
12-16-2008, 07:35 PM
You all convinced me of playing actively while on break again :D

Flying Mullet
12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
For those of you that are checking out the trial, what race and class are you experimenting with?

Del Murder
12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah I won't be switching. I've accomplished a lot in this game in the last several months and it is all due to the great people of Pandy. I just couldn't start over. Also my heart is still broken from Ouch leaving me. Obviously we lost the Pandy vs. Midgard war over this forum but if anyone wants to come over here they are welcome to our help.

Miriel
12-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I would've been around more to help Ouch and Omecle and Co. if it weren't for things getting pretty crazy for me these past few months. Sorry folks, but in the choice between newborn puppies and an online game, the puppies will win out every time.

Mirage
12-16-2008, 08:29 PM

Guys! Totally do eet.

He's a superomegaTaruladinofDOOM
Why aren't you in the game anymore?

Rostum
12-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Ryechuuu
Midgard
In San D'oriaidasdefsfjf elf land starting place

:bigsmile:

If you are not taru... :mad2:

Yeah sorry about Pandy, Miriel and Del. :( Also Misfit, don't joke about Roogle's colour skills, he'll get even morer maded!

Rye
12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
THIS IS SO FUN.

KentaRawr!
12-17-2008, 03:16 AM
To people trying to convince people to jump, STOP. You already talk to them on the interwebz. Play Yahoo Chess with them or something.

To people being forced to jump, DON'T. Just no. :mad2:

By the way, since I've re-started, I've found that a few things have been added, like a weird floating book in Western Sarutabaruta that gives you 200 or so EXP and 200 or so Gil if you kill a few really easy enemies. Also, an NPC in Windurst named Selele is remarkably helpful, until she told me to go to Tahrongi Canyon at level 5. That NPC might already have been there before, and I might have just ignored the tutorial back then, but she gave me a Chariot Band for free, and a few other things, too. Also, I got a map of Horutoto Ruins off of a quest, which helps with other quests and various missions.

So, basically, people just starting, you should most definitely do what the NPCs tell you to do. :p

Misfit
12-17-2008, 05:02 AM
And would ya look at that, Misfit has gone and abandoned me again by moving to Midgar.
It's Mirages fault. ;_________;

Lionx
12-17-2008, 11:09 AM
If you need help Kentarou just poke me in game, same name :)

KentaRawr!
12-17-2008, 01:42 PM
If you need help Kentarou just poke me in game, same name :)

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. :spin:

Iceglow
12-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Ok so I'm not being adventurous really, I'm Iceglow a female hume warrior who is currently in windhurst. I'm quite puzzled half the time by the controls ect and not sure what/where or how I do half the things I do. I have however figured out combat xD

And yes I'm on Midgarsomr server.

Roogle
12-17-2008, 06:25 PM
You know, I like to do my own thing on my own time, but maybe our paths will cross! I have been Roogle on the Midgardsormr server for over five years.

KentaRawr!
12-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Ok so I'm not being adventurous really, I'm Iceglow a female hume warrior who is currently in windhurst. I'm quite puzzled half the time by the controls ect and not sure what/where or how I do half the things I do. I have however figured out combat xD

And yes I'm on Midgarsomr server.

You can feel free to ask me some questions if you're confused. Also, NPC's offer quite a bit of help, too. Try to find the NPC named Selele, who is near one of the gates to East Sarutabaruta in Port Windurst. That NPC helped me out quite a bit.

eternalshiva
12-18-2008, 01:38 AM
I was on midgar at one point! But Titan pwns it, maybe someday I'll transfer Dayala to midgar and join the EoFF team :P

tebian
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Howdy and HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Sylph !! (this is the best server)

http://rgonots-sylph.net/cpg1410/albums/xmas/Teb071223122442a.jpg

Last years fun at the Winter White Party, come say hello Sat 20th this year !! (http://www.youtube.com/user/sirtebian)

Iceglow
12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
I really enjoyed what I've played of this once I figured out what I was doing :P However I got very little time now to play :( Perhaps early xmas eve or on boxing day I can fire it up again I'm just praying no more 9+ hour updates lol

Rostum
12-23-2008, 02:09 AM
I agree the initial updates suck, even if you get the 2008 Vana'diel Collection. I don't know what is up with that. I mean there's like 7 years full of updates, but you'd think they'd put that with the newer releases of the game.

Oh well!

tebian
12-24-2008, 07:41 PM
they do of course... and the updates are not that many hours at all

pc and 360 is the fastest and ps2 is a little slower, some ppl had to reload whole game when miscrosoft made new front end on 360 and it took them 3 hours from beginning to end

Iceglow
12-27-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm not even kidding Tebian it took myself and Rye 9 hours and more before the game finished updating, both of us were on our PCs doing so and my net speeds generally don't slouch that much.

Misfit
12-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not even kidding Tebian it took myself and Rye 9 hours and more before the game finished updating, both of us were on our PCs doing so and my net speeds generally don't slouch that much.
Yeah, I had to reinstall my FFXI a couple days ago too and the update takes 7 hours for me, so I just let it update while I slept :P

tebian
12-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Interesting and I dont doubt it took so long but this is not norm these days based on what we all had to do lately cause of the 360 dashboard problems. I personally just did the PC one from the DVD edition and took a little over an hour to be online, but I did not have the WoTG part in there so add some time for that. The whole directory for the game is only 8 gig's and I bet you dont download half that so really not sure what the differences are to cause such massive time differences.

Nice to see so many active people in the main FF community that plays FFXI. The game has change a lot from the old days. I am from NA and I was so happy to see the EU back in the day. Should be interesting to see whats up with the new content packs that are coming out and will be download content only as far as SE said at the Fan Festival.

My latest achievement... finally COP is done !!

http://rgonots-sylph.net/cpg1410/albums/userpics/10002/Teb081119183021a.jpg

Dignified Pauper
02-08-2009, 12:33 AM
I've recently installed and updated. No WotG yet, but I'll get it. Also... I dunno if I want to be an Elvaan or a Taru?!!!!??? I'm gonna be taru-taru! but not a warrior this time... Although, he's so brave, the little taru-taru warrior.

i might wait until tomorrow to create a character...