PDA

View Full Version : Elnoyle card on Disc 1

Pancakes
11-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to get Lionhart now at Disc 1, I already have all the ingredients but the ammo which requires Elnoyle card but I can't make it back to Balamb anymore because I'm at the assasination arc right now for the Sorceress.

So anyway, from an old thread I learn that the Dollet pub owner has Enlnoyle card but the problem here for me is that he plays the Random and Elemental rule which makes it hard for me to win, any idea if its possible to get rid of the rule or if theres any other viable option to get the Elnoyle card?

Thanks for the incoming helps :)

Cyric
11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, if you really want to make Random a pointless rule, refine all the cards you have except the ones you want to be used. The fewer cards you have, the higher the chance you'll get your high-powered cards to play with.

champagne supernova
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
There are ways to change rules. The best way to get rid of a rule you don't like is to go into a region where they don't use that rule, and then come back again. I think Timber uses different rules (and not the Random rule).

Basically, what you should do is go from Dollet to Timber. Initiate a card game with someone. When they say the whole long speech about "You know different rules, let's combine the two...Do you want to play?" say no. Repeat until he just asks "Do you want to play?". You want to do this, otherwise you run the risk of spreading Random everywhere!

Once you've played a game with Timber rules, run back to Dollet. Then, play a game combining the two rules (you may lose your cards if Random is in use, but you can always win them back later when you've abolished the rule). Afterwards, one of three things might happen: nothing, a rule may spread, or a rule may be abolished. If the rule is not abolished, run back to Timber and repeat the process until it's gone.

This is quite a mission - made much easier once you have the Ragnarok, but still, what can one do? Alternatively, you can just beat the guy with the Random rule in play. Although you can be raw dealt, you can always come back. Worst case situation, just save your game before you play, and if you lose an important card, just quite and reload (especially important when you want to win the Laguna card in the Space Station later - my word!).

Pancakes
11-07-2008, 04:46 AM
Very much thanks to your info supernova, I was able to abolish the Random rule by visiting to Timber then Dollet again. I won the Pub owner and gained access to his private room now where I have battled him for a lot now but still has no sight on the Elnoyle card.
Is there anything I'm missing or I'm just unlucky? :eep:

rubah
11-07-2008, 05:41 AM
if you managed to abolish Random, I'd say you were superbly lucky ;)

champagne supernova
11-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Very much thanks to your info supernova, I was able to abolish the Random rule by visiting to Timber then Dollet again. I won the Pub owner and gained access to his private room now where I have battled him for a lot now but still has no sight on the Elnoyle card.
Is there anything I'm missing or I'm just unlucky? :eep:

You're very lucky to have abolished the Random rule first time. Normally they spread the other rules first. But I think you're just having poor luck with this guy at the moment.

Pancakes
11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Hmm.. doesn't matter anymore since I've moved on to Disc 2 now hehe :)
Guess I'll complete my Lionheart later in the game when I have the chance..

Iceglow
11-11-2008, 09:34 AM
There is a way to change the rules of the space station before going there, I believe theres someone playing space rules at the launch site and a estharian in disc 2 (I believe it's during the end of disc 2 in G-Garden all I definitely remember is the other region is Gabaldia rules) which means if you spread rules you want to Gabaldia playing the estharian there will let you change esthar's rules. This isn't always easy but the best thing to do is save when you've got Gabaldian rules and if an unfavourable action occurs after the card game with the estharian reset the game, the rules changes are random. Once Esthar's rules are changed you can before going to space change space's rules using estharian rules as the change rules. Space is so much easier without random and other horrible rules too!