PDA

View Full Version : How To Get To Heaven When You Die

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 02:46 AM
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins? Are you willing to turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for Salvation? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.<o:p></o:p>

Yar
11-07-2008, 02:47 AM
I'm trying to guess who this could be...

Momiji
11-07-2008, 02:49 AM
I'm a Christian and I've never been baptized. According to my father's church, that's fine. According to my mom's church, it isn't.

What do I do?

Also I'd like to see some actual discussion out of the OP instead of a wall of copypasta.

blackmage_nuke
11-07-2008, 02:52 AM
From what I hear there's a stairway to get there which a lady is buying.

So i sugest trying to get into her panties

edit: I found the quote

Led 1:1 "There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven"

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm a Christian and I've never been baptized. According to my father's church, that's fine. According to my mom's church, it isn't.

What do I do?

Also I'd like to see some actual discussion out of the OP instead of a wall of copypasta.

I'm sorry if the tract seems to be lengthy, but I need to explain the gospel to people and it takes a bit. Secondly, you don't have to be baptized to be SAVED, but you should be baptized if you are already saved. It is a public profession of faith and Jesus commands all believers to do so. Not to do so is to disobey God.

Sir Lancealot
11-07-2008, 02:56 AM
It is a public profession of faith and Jesus commands all believers to do so. Not to do so is to disobey God.

Verses:mad2:

Psychotic
11-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Hey what does God think about hobbits, Frodo? I mean, you're not mentioned anywhere in the bible, so I guess you must be feeling pretty sore about that.

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 02:59 AM
It is a public profession of faith and Jesus commands all believers to do so. Not to do so is to disobey God.

Verses:mad2:

Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Ro 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Momiji
11-07-2008, 02:59 AM
That doesn't say where it's required though. If anything, it just looks like a recommendation. -.-

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 03:05 AM
That doesn't say where it's required though. If anything, it just looks like a recommendation. -.-

Jesus said "go" and "baptize" He didn't say to do it if you feel like it. It is a command.

NeoCracker
11-07-2008, 03:07 AM
It tells you to go forth and do it. There is no should, nor anything that sounds like it suggest that.

It just tells them to baptize people. :p

Goldenboko
11-07-2008, 03:09 AM
If god is all loving, then why would I be damned for the way I was brought up? I wasn't brought up to worship like this, I wasn't baptized, so chances are that's how I'll stay.

Sir Lancealot
11-07-2008, 03:11 AM
It tells you to go forth and do it. There is no should, nor anything that sounds like it suggest that.

It just tells them to baptize people. :p

:mad2: at you NeoCracker. I was going to say that. I was even going to use the cl_out smilie.

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2008, 03:11 AM
"Have you accepted Jesus as your personal lord and savior?"
"No, but I love his work."

Pretty much the best quote ever.

http://www.openjesus.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/jesus_dinosaur.jpghttp://www.sciencepunk.com/v5/gallery/jesusdino2.jpg

Jesus with dinosaurs is my favorite thing in the world, basically.

Madame Adequate
11-07-2008, 03:13 AM
I have to suffer because of what people did thousands of years ago?

Doesn't sound too just to me.

Roto13
11-07-2008, 03:15 AM
I'm a gay.

Have at me.

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 03:16 AM
If god is all loving, then why would I be damned for the way I was brought up? I wasn't brought up to worship like this, I wasn't baptized, so chances are that's how I'll stay.

This first thread explains all of that. Please read it. It's not about being good or bad. It's a legal thing. God legally cannot let anything that is not perfect into heaven. Since we can't be perfect, we are all damned, but Jesus WAS perfect and gave His life on the cross to die in our place so that God could accept us. All we have to do is accept what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross as payment for our sins and we will be forgiven. It's an awesome deal.

You don't have to be baptized to be saved. If you can't get baptized at this time, it won't damn you to hell. Not placing your faith in Jesus Christ will.

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.

I'm a gay.

Have at me.

We are all sinners. If you repent and turn to Jesus Christ for salvation, He will save you. He loves us all.

You don't HAVE to suffer at all if you will simply accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Why not accept Him?

Please don't post multiple times in a row. Use the edit/delete function if you have more to say. Thanks! - Psychotic

Roto13
11-07-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm a gay.

Have at me.

We are all sinners. If you repent and turn to Jesus Christ for salvation, He will save you. He loves us all.

I love Jesus, too.

In the butt.

With my penis.

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 03:22 AM
There is no need for disrespect here. No one is disrespecting you. God will judge every word out of your mouth, you had better watch it.

Sir Lancealot
11-07-2008, 03:22 AM
I'm a gay.

Have at me.

I love Jesus, too.

In the butt.

With my penis.

Your husbands name is Jesus:confused:

Roto13
11-07-2008, 03:24 AM
There is no need for disrespect here. No one is disrespecting you. God will judge every word out of your mouth, you had better watch it.

God silences me with his wang.

nom nom nom

Psychotic
11-07-2008, 03:25 AM
A bit too crude there, Roto. Cool it please!

Jessweeee♪
11-07-2008, 03:26 AM
WTF xD

Roto13
11-07-2008, 03:26 AM
You know how to silence me.

Saber
11-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Satanic Statement #9 - Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in buisness all these years.

Madame Adequate
11-07-2008, 03:30 AM

You don't HAVE to suffer at all if you will simply accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Why not accept Him?

Why did he make the world this way? Why do we suffer unless we capitulate to his rule? Imagine if a HUMAN did that! "You don't have to suffer, you can be free of pain, just as long as you accept me as Lord and Saviour. And if you don't, you'll be tortured."

Yeah we wouldn't take too long before Amnesty got extremely pissed. And not too long before we sanctioned them, and started talking about war.

NeoCracker
11-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Wait, if all we have to do is accept JEsus, that means I can accept him and STILL constantly bash religion, and Roto can still make Jesus and God are gay Jokes, and we'd still go to heavan?

SWEET!

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 03:37 AM

Why did he make the world this way? Why do we suffer unless we capitulate to his rule? Imagine if a HUMAN did that! "You don't have to suffer, you can be free of pain, just as long as you accept me as Lord and Saviour. And if you don't, you'll be tortured."

Yeah we wouldn't take too long before Amnesty got extremely pissed. And not too long before we sanctioned them, and started talking about war.

God didn't make the world this way. Man was perfect and was given a choice to obey and believe God or follow satan. Adam chose to follow satan. God would have every right to damn all of mankind to eternal hell, but He GAVE us a second chance by sending Jesus Christ His Son to DIE for you and I. All you have to do is accept Him as your Savior and Lord. If you are unwilling to do so, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell. That's God's message.

Momiji
11-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Wait, if all we have to do is accept JEsus, that means I can accept him and STILL constantly bash religion, and Roto can still make Jesus and God are gay Jokes, and we'd still go to heavan?

SWEET!

Technically, no.

'Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit' - Mark 3:twentysomethingorother.

However, in Catholicism, a simple trip to Confession provides catharsis to this, right?

I dunno, I'm not Catholic, and I'm not even a textbook Christian either. o.o

Bunny
11-07-2008, 03:40 AM
This thread confuses and enrages me.

Roto13
11-07-2008, 03:41 AM
If man was perfect, why would he choose Satan?

And wasn't Eve the one who screwed up, not Adam? And he was punished anyway? Because God is a fucktard?

Yar
11-07-2008, 03:43 AM
I thought they both screwed up.

NeoCracker
11-07-2008, 03:45 AM

SWEET!

Technically, no.

'Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit' - Mark 3:twentysomethingorother.

However, in Catholicism, a simple trip to Confession provides catharsis to this, right?

I dunno, I'm not Catholic, and I'm not even a textbook Christian either. o.o

Way to spoil the fun meanie. :(

And while we are at it, the fact the apple was eaten shows man WASN'T perfect. Had God created them perfect, they would not have eaten the apple.

Edit: STupid Roto. I wanted to say it first. :(

Sir Lancealot
11-07-2008, 03:48 AM
And while we are at it, the fact the apple was eaten shows man WASN'T perfect. Had God created them perfect, they would not have eaten the apple.

No, what it shows is that people have free will.

Roto13
11-07-2008, 03:50 AM
And that they're not perfect. Because perfect people wouldn't make mistakes.

Neither would a perfect god.

Tavrobel
11-07-2008, 03:52 AM
And wasn't Eve the one who screwed up, not Adam? And he was punished anyway?

Because Adam didn't have the balls God gave him to be a man and say "that apple was delicious, by the way."

God is one big giant masochist. Cereal business.

qwertysaur
11-07-2008, 03:53 AM
ah a good religion debate. I'm Jewish, so yes, I do think I will go to some sort of afterlife after death.

Whatever that is, it is what you make of it.

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2008, 03:53 AM

I'm about there too.

Yar
11-07-2008, 03:57 AM
EoFF: The Only Place Where a Troll Thread Can Become A Serious Discussion.

Roto13
11-07-2008, 04:03 AM
What serious discussion? This is a spam thread by a hobbit.

Goldenboko
11-07-2008, 04:06 AM

This concept of 'wuv' confuses and infuriates us!

Madame Adequate
11-07-2008, 04:21 AM
God didn't make the world this way. Man was perfect and was given a choice to obey and believe God or follow satan.

If God was perfect he would have made a perfect world. If Man was perfect we wouldn't have chosen this. Unless, of course, freedom and suffering is better than slavery and prosperity.

God would have every right to damn all of mankind to eternal hell

What? What?! No. Reality does not work that way. I don't care if God IS real, I didn't vote for him.

In conclusion: WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Ouch!
11-07-2008, 04:34 AM
My logic tells me the course of action you desire of me is illogical.

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Peegee
11-07-2008, 05:09 AM
^ lies

You go to heaven through good works.

Mittopotahis
11-07-2008, 05:11 AM
lawl.

xfrodobagginsx,
Evangelism: ur doin it wrong!

Jesus and I chill out most days. We're pretty tight. :)

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 05:23 AM
^ lies

So, you're gonna call Jesus a liar and say that it's through good works?

Bahamut2000X
11-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Stupid Poe's Law. I can't decide whether to spend time pointing out fallacies or laughing my ass off at a troll.

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 05:34 AM
I'm not a troll. I've played most all of the Final Fantasies and beat them. This is a legitimate discussion.

Peegee
11-07-2008, 05:37 AM
^ lies

So, you're gonna call Jesus a liar and say that it's through good works?

That's right. If all I needed to do to get into heaven is to be baptized and find Jesus, it would be fine to just be baptized, go to Church, and accept Jesus into my life. I won't have to go out of my way to help people / better the earth / improve society. I think abstaining from those acts makes me less moral than I can be.

Also speaking strictly from a theological perspective I would probably be more Islamic than Christian since I place more value in God than anything else (even the Holy Spirit, which I understand is pretty grave thing to do).

But I'm going off topic. I understand my view is interpretive and goes against many scriptures. But nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

rubah
11-07-2008, 05:38 AM
no, as long as you stay polite, you are not a troll :]

and I might remind our other members that they ought to be polite as well.

If you want, we can move this thread to the "srs biznus" forum, where everyone is expected to handle things a little more maturely.

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 06:19 AM

If you want, we can move this thread to the "srs biznus" forum, where everyone is expected to handle things a little more maturely.

This is fine. I can handle a little adversity, but would appreciate more respectful discussion from some here. :)

Ouch!
11-07-2008, 06:53 AM

This is fine. I can handle a little adversity, but would appreciate more respectful discussion from some here. :)
Some people get offended by the notion that they somehow need another individual's help and guidance to save ourselves from whatever awaits us on the other side of death. Some consider it disrespectful that another feels it necessary to push one's beliefs on another individual.

Edit: That's not to say I disrespect your beliefs. It's just that others attempting to convert me got old a long time ago.

NeoCracker
11-07-2008, 07:31 AM
I, on the other hand, tend to not respect people who don't try to convert others.

At least in cases of them honeslty believing other non believers will suffer as a result. I don't see how someone who truly beleives in their faith can just sit back and allow non-believers to condemn themselves. Though of course theres a difference between trying to convince them, and shoving it in a persons face. :p

Raebus
11-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Roto, when I saw your earlier posts all I could think of was the "what what in the butt" song and it gave me a few chuckles. :)

Oh and yeah, I don't respect people who try to convert others and threaten them with "YOU GOING TO HELL UNLESS YOU WORSHIP THIS GOD".

Rantz
11-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I think xfrodobagginsx might be Jesus himself.

Jiro
11-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm going to spend the rest of my life developing an aircraft/ spacecraft thing that can transport me to heaven...
What a waste of my life :)

Miriel
11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I had a discussion with my Minister about heaven and he said something I had never even thought about before. In heaven, there is no sorrow or pain. In order to have a perfect heaven, all its inhabitants must either forget about their former lives or simply not give a smurf anymore. Because how can you have perfect happiness when you have memories of a former imperfect life to haunt you? The people you may have left behind when you died, the people who may not have made it to heaven with you, all those thoughts can't exist if you want to be perfectly sublime.

Or they can exist and you really just don't care. And I don't know which is worse.

And that's when I realized that the Christian heaven is an incredibly terrifying notion.

It's not exactly my idea of heaven, to lose everything that makes you who you are. To be drones of happiness. I don't even know if happiness can exist in a vacuum.

If I made it to those pearly gates, instead of entering, I'd rather ask God if I could have a do-over and have another shot at life. That seems way more fun to me than Heaven. Reincarnation in general is a comforting thought. Although I would never want to be an insect or farm animal.

Old Manus
11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Jesus was a hacker irl. I shot him 3 times with the awp and he just resurrected.

qwertysaur
11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I had a discussion with my Minister about heaven and he said something I had never even thought about before. In heaven, there is no sorrow or pain. In order to have a perfect heaven, all its inhabitants must either forget about their former lives or simply not give a smurf anymore. Because how can you have perfect happiness when you have memories of a former imperfect life to haunt you? The people you may have left behind when you died, the people who may not have made it to heaven with you, all those thoughts can't exist if you want to be perfectly sublime.

Or they can exist and you really just don't care. And I don't know which is worse.

And that's when I realized that the Christian heaven is an incredibly terrifying notion.
Sounds like then age of lifeless beings from tales of Symphonia.

The bible cannot be looked at literally. Considering it was written over the course of hundreds of years based on a retelling of a retelling of a retelling of a retelling of a story that has been translated many times, a lot of the original meaning has been lost over the years.

Genesis 1: (7 days of creation)
Order states
Light/Darkness
Sea and Sky
Land and Trees
Sun, moon and stars
Birds and Fish
Land Animals and Man
Rest

Genesis 2: (Adam and Eve)
Eden
Adam
Animals
Eve

In the first 2 chapters of the first book of the bible, there already is a contradiction. I can point out some more if you ask. :p

Denmark
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
The Bible is just a storybook that tells you, effectively, "If you're a good person, good things will happen to you."

Unless you're Job.

xfrodobagginsx
11-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Roto, when I saw your earlier posts all I could think of was the "what what in the butt" song and it gave me a few chuckles. :)

Oh and yeah, I don't respect people who try to convert others and threaten them with "YOU GOING TO HELL UNLESS YOU WORSHIP THIS GOD".

First of all, I'm merely sharing with you what the bible says. Secondly, if it isn't true, why does it bother you so much? You should think about that. Thirdly, I am telling you this because I care and I have never pointed my finger in your face and yelled "You're going to hell!!" I have merely mentioned in the first post what the bible says will happen to you as a warning. You have the right to choose to believe it or not, but if you don't, then you will have to suffer the consequences. That's all I'm saying.

The Bible is just a storybook that tells you, effectively, "If you're a good person, good things will happen to you."

Unless you're Job.

No maam. The bible says that if you will place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation and give your life to Him, you will be saved and be at peace with God. It doesn't promise that you will be rich in this life, but that God will take care of your needs. God adopts those who place their faith in Him and they become royalty in heaven. Since God is the King and you are His child, you are royalty. Plus, you have the peace with God that when you die,you will be saved.

No one is gonna be on their death bed saying, "I wish I had made more money" You can't take anything with you when you die. It's WISE to accept Christ.

Flying Mullet
11-07-2008, 05:29 PM
xfrodobagginsx, you've already been asked to not double post. If you want to respond to multiple people, do it in one post.

Denmark
11-07-2008, 06:16 PM
No maam. The bible says that if you will place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation and give your life to Him, you will be saved and be at peace with God. It doesn't promise that you will be rich in this life, but that God will take care of your needs. God adopts those who place their faith in Him and they become royalty in heaven. Since God is the King and you are His child, you are royalty. Plus, you have the peace with God that when you die,you will be saved.

No one is gonna be on their death bed saying, "I wish I had made more money" You can't take anything with you when you die. It's WISE to accept Christ.

metaphor definition | Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metaphor)
allegory definition | Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/allegory)

Bible = literature.

Prove to me that God exists without using the Bible as a reference.

Also it's fairly evident that you're citing primarily from the New Testament (talking about Jesus) and I'm pulling more from the Old Testament. I realize that. But from my understanding of it, Jesus preached a message of being nice to people, basically. PS: I never mentioned money anywhere.

Jesus also saw all people as equals, so choosing one person (Jesus) as someone to worship and see as a higher caste of person kind of goes against that thinking, don't you agree?

Religion, God, etc. made sense before science had been developed to its current state. Now that we can PROVE how things happened or at least give a LOT of evidence for how things may have happened, Christianity and religion are made obsolete.

Ouch!
11-07-2008, 09:53 PM

First of all, I'm merely sharing with you what the bible says. Secondly, if it isn't true, why does it bother you so much? You should think about that. Thirdly, I am telling you this because I care and I have never pointed my finger in your face and yelled "You're going to hell!!" I have merely mentioned in the first post what the bible says will happen to you as a warning. You have the right to choose to believe it or not, but if you don't, then you will have to suffer the consequences. That's all I'm saying.
So you're passive-aggressively telling us that we're going to hell. I fail to see a significant difference.

Tavrobel
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
But Ouch!, hell is a bad place. It's where you constantly have to go "ouch!"

Technically, he's telling us that we're going to hell only we if don't believe him, which makes me wonder, who died and made him the king of morality?

... ohh, wait a minute.

Del Murder
11-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Not really sure why this stayed open for so long.

xfrodobagginsx, please advertise in your signature.