PDA

View Full Version : Solo Squire.

MadeOfApples
11-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Last night, I beat Final Fantasy Tactics with a party of consisting of nothing but Time Mages. Quite a challenge so I decided on this play through, I'll take the Squire Jet and fly it solo.

Battle 1: Magic City Garliand.

Geez, this was a battle based solely on luck. Five failed attempts and most of which were because Delita decided to Dash a foe instead of finishing them off with a physical attack. So of course, the Chemist got to go potion happy and Delita ran like a little girl from every victory and charged head first in to each defeat.

Sixth attempt saw a decent Zodiac sign so I just sat and took some punishment during Delita's ritual head-on assault before realizing his French roots and fleeing. Just to repeat the process until he got surrounded.

Reminded me why I constantly killed him in story battles myself but he deals good damage and was the only reason why I picked up the victory.

Between battles.

Stripped each of my non special units and released them in the wild. Cold, naked, hungry, and in the mist of a revolution. Karma be damned.

Learned Potion with Ramza (Couldn't get Pheniox Down) as well as Throw Stone. Item secondary. Delita same set up (Why do you need to teach someone to pick up a rock and throw it at people?). Saved.

Battle 2: Mandalia Plains.

Attempt 1: Accidently choose the second option of saving, everyones favorite backstabber, Algus. Who instead of running away at 15 HP, decided to run in to a gathering of renagrade squires. Needless to say, that was a restart.

Attempt 2: Apparently, Algus doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Attempt 3: Living under the motto of "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.. that a shame.. on... you know I won't get fooled again. you know what I mean...", I told Delita I didn't care about the retard Algus. Delita threw his tify than went on a fricking DASHING SPREE. Gah. Oh and Algus? Yeah.. Just upset that I couldn't assist him with his suicide.

Concidering they lived in a time where it was probably legal to smother them with a pillowcase full of knives. Why am I even helping them?

Attempt 4: Before I even attempted this, I switch Delita to a Knight. No armor, no shield, no accessory. Just a naked man with below average intelligence with a death wish. Frozen in his tracks by a magical spell called death after trying to have his way with a witch in panther fur.

With nothing but a crippled squire left on the map, Algus fainted. Received a boulder to the back of the dome. Concussion. I knew I learned that skill for a reason.

Between battles:

Even though Algus and Delita were embarassments in the last battle, I still felt I had to reward them with a gift. Purchased a pair of long blades. I was also surprised that Algus was able to learn enough to become a wizard. Guess hes not as dense as I previously thought.

(Yes, I forgot he started with a Long Sword).

Battle 3: Sweegy Woods.

Attempt 1: Scratch that comment praising Algus. Made it long enough to release an ice attack on a goblin before dying before his third turn. Delita went the way of an explosion but I still picked up the victory here on my first attempt.

Not to shabby.

Between Battles:

Ramaza - Squire (3). Chemist (1), Knight (1), Archer (1).
Delita - Squire (2), Chemist (1), Knight (1), Archer (1)
Algus - Squire (2), Chemist (2), Knight (1), Archer (1), Priest (1), Wizard (1).

Dorter Trade city is next. Not looking forward to it. :(

Anyone attempted a Solo playthrough?

Roogle
11-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I think that you are getting through the toughest part of a solo playthrough in Chapter 1. As the game progresses, even as a Squire, you are presented with numerous options that will make the game much easier.

Accumulate comes to mind as an example of this.

VeloZer0
11-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Are you doing it as just Squire, or Ramza-Squire?

Because in a situation like this Yell and Scream would be indispensable.

MadeOfApples
11-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Are you doing it as just Squire, or Ramza-Squire?

Because in a situation like this Yell and Scream would be indispensable.

Ramza-Squire.

Still right before Dorter. Played a couple random battles and besides from being completely unable to defeat multiple chocobos (Impossible actually), I haven't been having that much trouble at all. Win/Loss ratios against non-chocoboed infested random battles is at 3/1 right now. That lost because I got hit with a critcal.

And Ramaza is now level 7 with a level 6 Squire Class. Level 1 all other classes.

And Roogle is correct, I believe.

I don't remember any story battle in the rest of this chapter (and about half of the next) that has anything to threatening in it. The few battles with mages that I have in front of me are either defeat X encounters or I'll have Agrias and Gafgarion on my side.

NeoTifa
11-09-2008, 05:18 PM
i played a round of ramza being an archer.... :\