PDA

View Full Version : FFIV DS

Nice
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I went to great lengths to get this game as you may not know. I enjoyed playing this and even the revamped difficulty. However I've made it halfway through the game and I put it down. I don't know why and it depressed me to think I got bored with it. I therefore made an effort to say that at the end of the semester, I would start the game over and devote time to the game.

Can you relate to the revamped version? Although it looks all shiny and new, did you ever realize that you missed those 2d sprites? I think I did.

Roto13
11-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I always get bored of Final Fantasy IV when I get to the moon. At that point, the game stops being fun.

Nice
11-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Funny you should mention that, cause that's where I stopped playing the game (after the moon). =/

sdm42393
11-08-2008, 12:03 AM
In the Advance version it took me forever to beat the game because I didn't feel like suffering through the final dungeon >_> I hope the same doesn't happen for the DS version.

rubah
11-08-2008, 01:13 AM
I didn't really like when I played the snes version, so the pretty new graphics and a little bit of maturation has really heightened my enjoyment of the ds release. I am getting frustrated with the final dungeon though.

Exdeath
11-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Final dungeon.
That is all.

Roogle
11-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I feel that the Nintendo DS version of this game was an acceptable way to bring the story and its characters to a new generation of players that missed it the first time around.

Wolf Kanno
11-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I just got it, and must say I'm more than pleasantly surprised with it. For me, I'm finally playing the game the way I always envisioned it. The sprites were cute but when I play old school games like this I use abit of my imagination to fill the gaps made by technology. The DS version is pretty close to how I imagine this game really feels like so I'm quite pleased. :D

I was rather disappointed with the GBA version of IV cause SE decided to nerf the gameplay drastically (Not even in the SNES version have I been able to fell Zeromus that quickly :mad:) and now having the game much harder as well as slight modifications of the bosses and combat system has me not only thrilled but feeling like I'm playing the game for the first time.

I feel that is really the point. Even though I'm a veteran of IV and having it as one of my favorite FFs in the series. I genuinely feel like I'm experiencing it for the first time. As though up until now, IV was this mythic masterpiece of the FF series, forever just outside the reach; and finally after all this time of getting small tastes. I have finally been able to experience the masterpiece that I longed for, so many years now. :choc:

RedPouch
01-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed in this game. As someone who loved the SNES version, I thought the DS version made the game look like a joke. Here they had a chance to get away from their balloon-head figures and ridiculous sound effects, but instead of that they decided to make it even worse. On top of that, they butchered some of my favourite musics.

sir helix
01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
i cant stand that after the moon you have no choice but to go to the giant of babil. i stopped playing two days ago, i realy dont wanna have to fight the arch fiends over again

sdm42393
02-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed in this game. As someone who loved the SNES GBA version, I thought the DS version made the game look like a joke.

Seeing the game in full 3D, giving the illusion that it's from this generation, made me realize how one-dimensional the characters and plot are. If Square wanted to remake the game, why didn't they add more to the plot and characters?

RedPouch
02-02-2009, 01:48 AM
I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed in this game. As someone who loved the SNES GBA version, I thought the DS version made the game look like a joke.

Seeing the game in full 3D, giving the illusion that it's from this generation, made me realize how one-dimensional the characters and plot are. If Square wanted to remake the game, why didn't they add more to the plot and characters?
Hm, why'd you cross out me saying SNES? That's the only other console I've played it on... unless you meant you've played it first on the GBA? Hehe.

And yeah, the characterization/plotline are things I love, but only because I grew up with that game. In reality, they are pretty dry and not on par with what modern RPG players are accustomed to nowadays. Although I really don't mind any of that, I still would've liked Square-Enix to take more care to make this game something that looks awesome/a bit more serious, as opposed to a game you would buy for a 10 year old [it literally does look/sound like a game you'd expect a kid to play or something].

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/887/887583/final-fantasy-iv-20080709034734248.jpg

Looking at this presentation, the game kinda looks like a joke, which is sad considering what I was expecting what I heard the word "remake" at first. Balloon-head characters do look fine as sprites, but they really aren't meant for the 3D world, it looks so ridiculous.

sdm42393
02-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Hm, why'd you cross out me saying SNES? That's the only other console I've played it on... unless you meant you've played it first on the GBA? Hehe.

The second one. :eep:
Also... why isn't there trees in the towns?! There's just 2d bushes!