PDA

View Full Version : And good times had by all.

Akaria
11-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I didn't realize until just recently how much I miss the ease and beauty of my life three years ago.

I used to be a theatre techie at my high school, and tech took up a vast majority of all our lives. Like, it was our work and our social life; there just wasn't room for anything else. It was truly a family. One of the girls just posted a new status on Facebook which reminded me of all this.

She was a ditz. A huge ditz. One day she asked me what the word "irony" meant, and I just couldn't resist.

Me - "Really? You don't know what irony is?"
Her - "Well...No..."
Me - "...Okay, let's walk through this. What's the main word in 'irony'?"
Her - "Uh...Oh! Iron!"
Me - "Right! And what do you use irons for?"
Her - "To make things flat!"
Me - "Right! So the word 'irony' refers to things that are flat horizontally."
Her - "Ohhh, okay!"
Me - "Now don't get this mixed up with 'ironic', because that means things that are flat vertically. Like that wall? It's ironic. The part of the chair you sit on? It's irony."
Her - "Oh, alright! Thanks!"

Eight or nine people around us were trying so hard not to absolutely crack up, and two had to get up and leave to prevent laughing aloud. The saddest part is that I'm not kidding about any of this.

And I miss it:(

Any part(s) of your life that you miss that you can look back on with a chuckle?

Momiji
11-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Pretty much all of it. :p

Only I don't miss it. I chuckle at how superior my life is now in comparison to when I was a kid.

Montoya
11-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Back in High School when my parents would give me twenty dollars a week and it would last me all of it. I would just do nothing with friends and have a great time. There was no drama, and everyone was laid back. Those were the days.:cool:

I know, however, I'll be look back two years from now and feel the same way about the present.

KentaRawr!
11-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't miss any days, as I know my life hasn't started yet, and the adventure to seek the goal I've decided hasn't begun.

Ouch!
11-08-2008, 12:32 AM
My life is infinitely better now than it was three years ago.

Vermachtnis
11-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I fell up a flight of stairs once. Well that's a lie, I fell up stairs all the time. But this one time my Adv. Comp. teacher saw me and wouldn't let me live it down for the rest of the year. Every chance she got. Someone question something in a book, like one of those "A wizard did it" kind of question. She'll respond with something like, "Sometimes the laws of physics don't kick in, is that not right?" and look at me.

BardTard
11-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Final exam freshman year, when I put a box of midol on my biology teacher's desk cus he was a jerk. Later I heard some girls talking about it.

Also, a couple months ago when my boyfriend and I kept rearranging my grandma's lawn furniture. Sure, it was stupid but it was good clean fun.

Also, this one is kinda gross but...
My mom and I (like 5 years ago) smeared peanut butter and strawberry syrup all over a thong pantiliner and were gonna stick it on someone's car. Well we were in the car and I had it in my hand and I was laughing so hard, I was waving it out the window (we were both laughing) and then it fell out my hand... and there was a dude walking outside. We still wonder if he ever saw it. Or if anyone found it.

Araciel
11-08-2008, 08:45 PM
The past is an illusion that stabs us with icy fingers of shame and regret.

I mean 'nope.'

Zeldy
11-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I've only just left high school and I already miss it. The 5 years there were the best ever, I was with all of my friends, we're all split now in different colleges. :(

I remember me and my friend both putting on bright lipstick and kissing our Physics teacher on each cheek at Christmas. People recorded it.

MadeOfApples
11-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I miss high school as well.

It was the best 6 years of my life.

Nah, I don't miss it at all. High school was awful, I just miss the whole not having to work and worry about money thing.