PDA

View Full Version : Sword of the New World: Granado Espada~

Markus. D
11-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Do any EoFFers play? It's pretty simple to begin with... but the sheer amount of stuff you can do mid/late-game is pretty delectible~ (Killing jumping watermelons at Bahia... man they have some odd Minigames there)

My favorite part is definetly switching weapons/stances to punish things.

This is pretty much what I've recruited into my family so far:
http://anotherlonelysoul.com/family2/3246-3840.png
It's quite a few I know... but y'know, it's like Pokemon? xD?

I play on Rembrandt (IAH Games), just whisper Hinanai. I'll either be AFK or right thar~ (List your character info and screenies and stuff too while we're at it)

EoFFers who GE and Main Team
Tsukasa - Idge Imbrulia, Battlesmith Idge and Adelina Esperanza

ljkkjlcm9
11-08-2008, 03:03 AM
I use to play, haven't touched it in awhile.

I preferred the non UPC characters... Fighter, Scout, Wizard. My fighter was male, Jackel, female scout Kailah, Female wizard Skylash. I quit playing shortly after level 60 when my wizard learned Levitate.

THE JACKEL

Bahamut2000X
11-08-2008, 04:07 AM
I played in the beta and wasn't very impressed. Characters were a little too linear, and the use of NPC's as party members kind of watered the game down for me. I also couldn't stand the controls, I found it too difficult to play. Also the fact that anyone can PK you if you don't say no in a few seconds was just dumb.

Though I will say the concept of controlling your own party was interesting, and the music was nifty too.

Tasura
11-08-2008, 05:29 AM
I played it when they had the level capped at 20 for non-paying players. I re-downloaded it the other day because I was talking about it with my friends, I doubt I'll play too much though, unless I restart entirely.

Momiji
11-08-2008, 05:35 AM
I might look into it sometime.

Nik, I can only assume Hinanai is a reference to Tenshi? :p

Markus. D
11-08-2008, 05:52 AM
I might look into it sometime.

Nik, I can only assume Hinanai is a reference to Tenshi? :p

xD

Guess the name of my Wizard... "Quake!!" (Looks nothing like her... but uhh, "Quake" and other things within the Wiz stances relate to her alot o_O).

and by gosh the game has change a load since Beta (I didn't want to touch it then...). UPCs certainly don't water it down... there's plenty of Variety (and you'd be suprised how much Stock Characters surpass UPC's in terms of stance use and other stances you won't see on a stock character) this way, y'know... customization wh0res like myself enjoy this...

Edit: Rembrandt is also non-pk, do enjoy the whole not-getting-pked ordeal >:3

f f freak
11-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Are the servers down at the moment? I downloaded the game and installed etc. then I went to play but it said it 'failed to connect to server'. Any ideas?

Rostum
11-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I was in the beta for this. It looked nice but I just couldn't get into it. I am really looking forward to Aion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFUBCI1X7xU) though.

Markus. D
11-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Are the servers down at the moment? I downloaded the game and installed etc. then I went to play but it said it 'failed to connect to server'. Any ideas?

It could be the game you downloaded.

IAH Game servers aren't down at the moment.

I probably should have stated that there are multiple clients...

f f freak
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM

I believe I downloaded the from the File Front client.

Nominus Experse
11-08-2008, 03:45 PM
What exactly is this game?

escobert
11-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I was in the beta for this. It looked nice but I just couldn't get into it. I am really looking forward to Aion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFUBCI1X7xU) though.

Same here. It looked very good to me but I just couldn't get into the world.

Markus. D
11-09-2008, 12:29 AM

I believe I downloaded the from the File Front client.

Hrmmmm, I really have no idea :O! If all else fails try re-install? (the download is huge, no one would want to re-dl it >_>).

What exactly is this game?

It's one of those Grinders~ looking to be not generic though which is always nice. They develop on characters of note (Catherine is an example) some just minor as you recruit 'em, others through quests you gain access to post-recruitment.
It still has alot to work on like the odd engrish you'll stumble upon, and some minor-major bugs.

Game plays alot like RO mixed with Final Fantasy XII (Oh I've lost you haven't I :(), the main customization is within the family setup and the stances you learn... later on switching weapons and stances while battling is the key to succeed (making it a satisfying battle system).

You begin with a mix/match stock selection of Elementalist (Nuking Obviously), Musketeer (Various Pistol/Rifle Selection), Scout (Healing and Buffing, also a bit of a "rogue" with Traps/Dagger Use), Fighter (Definetly the most diverse stances for a stock character, lots of melee weapons etc) and Wizard (Lots of interesting tactics... definetly in the Levitation stance too, a little bit weaker than an ele's AoE, but can inflict the most broken status effects whilst they... Levitate).

If you wish to expand selection you can pretty much recruit everyone who doesn't look like a generic NPC, Statistics differ alot from Stock Characters (Eg. Grace Bernelli outways a Stock Musketeer in Rifle effectiveness, but a Musketeer has ease over Pistol(s) Use) and they can even come with stances/weapons that a Stock NPC can't use (Eg. Marionette Control, Shotguns~, Various Martial Arts, Amicus Summoning and etc), most time they will come with a skewed selection of stances used for synergy.

You're welcome to take control of up to 3 family members at any time~ Tada.

Sorry about the lack of smart-ness in that :S good luck readin.

It like most MMORPGs has the rare gameplay Imbalances though... (Eg. Two Summoner Catherines and one Catherine of Str/Int can pretty much dominate PvP, you won't see this much though xD!! Catherine is an endgame character and it's almost a migraine trying to recruit her once let-alone multiple times), A Tri-Amount of Musketeers make for easy Raid-boss killing post-veteran advancement (again something you probably won't worry about).

My current goal is to Vet my main team and set Grace and Calyce Bernelli up for Boosting my lowbies (Power Leveling :3).

Momiji
11-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Links please?

Rostum
11-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Links please?

Here you go. (http://www.google.com/)

Markus. D
11-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Connecting to Granado Espada website at IAHGames (http://ge.iahgames.com/)

:P

edit: I bet just by looking at the Banner Momiji already wants Claire (Loli with white hair xD)