PDA

View Full Version : Trauma

Rye
11-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Today, Rye unclogged a toilet with a plunger for the first time in her life. :[ Worst experience ever.

Which household tasks have traumatized you? ;;

Araciel
11-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I changed a diaper once.

Zeldy
11-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Helping my brother empty the bin was disgusting, all I had to do was hold the bin whilst my brother pulled out the actual bag, eww. I have never attempted unclogging a toilet xD

Miriel
11-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Haha, I never fix my own toilet. That's what boyfriends are there for. xD

One time Del Murder was fixing my toilet and he kept telling me to come over and see how to make the handle work again so I could fix it myself the next time. And I was just running around shrieking, "ewwwwwwwwww!!!"

Kirobaito
11-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Flushing the toilets here in the UK is traumatizing.

Seriously. You pull the handle, and do they flush? No. A little splurt of water falls. You've got a big pile of crap floatin' there and you just pump the freakin' handle time and time again and nothing flushes. I've stood there for ten minutes and nothing happens. It's the most frustrating thing - seriously - I've ever experienced.

Vermachtnis
11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I changed a diaper once.

Akaria
11-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Unclogging the shower drain. I seem to shed quite a bit of hair, as does my roommate. One day we realized that instead of taking showers, we were taking shower/bath combinations just because the drain wasn't draining. He got sick of it and since we didn't have any Drain-o around, he got one of those small wire grabby things most people use when they're messing around with small computer internal parts and delved deep into the drain.

I don't even know exactly what it was. Some sort of hair monster, probably. Either way, it was absolutely disgusting. He started chasing me around my apartment with it and I accidentally punched him in the gut:|

SNOOZER
11-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Burying a dead body in the back yard. Wait, perhaps I've said too much. :shifty:

In all seriousness however, I have no trouble with household tasks, besides the fact that they are tasks and I don't feel like doing them because I'm lazy.

rubah
11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
plunging toilets is pretty horrible, but replacing the chain on the flush handle is pretty bad too, because even if you KNOW that the water up there is clean, ;ooooo

Rye
11-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Haha, I never fix my own toilet. That's what boyfriends are there for. xD

One time Del Murder was fixing my toilet and he kept telling me to come over and see how to make the handle work again so I could fix it myself the next time. And I was just running around shrieking, "ewwwwwwwwww!!!"

I relegated future toilet emergencies to Hux to fix, when he's here, or when I'm over in England next year. He reluctantly accepted.

BardTard
11-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I've never changed a diaper in 19 years and I never will. Also, my friend's brother has a video of him with his hands in the toilet... it's disgusting.

The grossest thing I've ever had to do was wash my mom's dirty clothes. (Bras and underwear too. Yuck)

Momiji
11-08-2008, 11:17 PM
If you think unclogging a toilet is traumatizing, I'd hate to see how you react once you have children, Jessibell.

Peegee
11-08-2008, 11:44 PM
You guys are all kids. Though a really badly clogged toilet is pretty nasty to clean up =(

Rye
11-08-2008, 11:56 PM
If you think unclogging a toilet is traumatizing, I'd hate to see how you react once you have children, Jessibell.

Me too! Good thing I'm only having one child! I'm terrified to have to learn how to change diapers. I want a baby girl. If I had a baby boy and he peed on me while I changed him like in the movies, I don't think I could live with myself.

But seriously though, unclogging a toilet is traumatizing. It was so gross to look at and the water kept splashing on my HANDS. BLAGFHRDSDHFBNJGTDHJRFNGDFBFDJ I WAS WASHING MY HANDS FOR A GOOD 5 MINUTES AND THEN I SOAKED THEM IN PURELL.

Araciel
11-08-2008, 11:57 PM
It usually doesn't happen like that, but you can get a squirt here and there if you're not careful.

MadeOfApples
11-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Household tasks?

None.

I took care of the developmentally disabled and worked in a nursing home so excrements are nothing. Cleaning up the after effects of coprophagia is HIGHLY traumatizing.

As for traumatic household chores, I once found a deceased kitten under my closest floorboards as a child.

Shoeberto
11-09-2008, 12:08 AM
plunging toilets is pretty horrible, but replacing the chain on the flush handle is pretty bad too, because even if you KNOW that the water up there is clean, ;ooooo
I've had to do it so much on the Jet Flush back home that it really doesn't phase me anymore. I just hate having to do it when the house it cold 'cause that toilet water just gets icy.

I guess cleaning out the fridge is traumatizing, because we always get such a backlog of leftovers at home and eventually they just get nasty and moldy and stinky and it's just gross.

Tavrobel
11-09-2008, 12:21 AM
It was so gross to look at and the water kept splashing on my HANDS.

http://diy.despair.com/output/poster66771823.jpg

The most traumatizing event for me was helping my dad out in the yard and then getting struck by a chain on a saw that broke and snapped off and flew at me. It hurt.

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2008, 02:34 AM
I changed a diaper once.

You brave souls :cry:

This is reason #47 on the list of why I am not having children ever ever.

Fate Fatale
11-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Probably unclogging a toilet that I myself did not clog. Grossest. thing. ever.

fairweather
11-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Burying a dead body in the back yard. Wait, perhaps I've said too much. :shifty:

In all seriousness however, I have no trouble with household tasks, besides the fact that they are tasks and I don't feel like doing them because I'm lazy.

Yup. This.

Roto13
11-09-2008, 06:08 AM

Me too! Good thing I'm only having one child! I'm terrified to have to learn how to change diapers.

You know that one child is probably going to have to be changed from time to time, right? :P

And yes, if you were getting water on you, you're doing it wrong. :P

Rantz
11-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Cleaning up liquid cat poo wasn't an experience I relished.

Markus. D
11-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Cleaning a tiny shower-sized avery with Bird Crap all over.

Raebus
11-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Dear god, that must have been horrific. I've cleaned up http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif (Someone put it everywhere withins a girls toilets where I work) so yeah, I've had to do worse things than unclogging a toilet.

Cleric
11-09-2008, 02:36 PM
My favorite is whilst unclogging a toilet, and you think it is unclogged so you flush it, but nooo, it isn't unclogged. Instead, it overflows full with its lovely contents all over the floor...:XXXX

Lawr
11-09-2008, 02:55 PM
This is only your first time?

Momiji
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
My favorite is whilst unclogging a toilet, and you think it is unclogged so you flush it, but nooo, it isn't unclogged. Instead, it overflows full with its lovely contents all over the floor...:XXXX

I hate it when that happens.

Iceglow
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm agreeing with Roto and Tav here, you were doing it wrong jess, the water shouldn't splash on you it should be a gentle swell in the bowl not an underwater eruption! Still it can be pretty traumatising I agree, depends on if people had been to the toilet when it was blocked and then you had to do it.

In my own experiences the most traumatising thing I think I ever did was when spending a couple of days at a friends house where no one had done washing up or cleaned the kitchen for around a month due to an argument, me and my friend got sick of it and decided to just do it. This decision was a big mistake, by the time we'd finished cleaning things up we'd thrown most of their kitchenware straight in to the neighbours skip (with permission ofcourse) and thrown up a dozen times, I ended up in the garden pressure washing the pots on patio because we refused to touch them. :( It was that disgusting that I swore that if I ever lived with any of my friends it would be none of the boys I knew and if I had to I'd sleep with the girls to keep them happy regardless of my personal preferences or relationship status, just so long as they kept tidying. I'm now considering moving out with my best mate from highschool, he however understands how much I am obsessive about having a clean kitchen and no mouldy plates, cups or glasses and definitely no pans!

As for changing diapers? I've changed a couple, poopy ones are horrible I can't bring myself to do them but I've done a couple of wet ones, the first time I ever done one though I had to laugh my nephew actually checked the nappy was going to stay on before he got up, he was like 1...my nephew had no faith in my nappy changing skills because he rightfully understood I don't do that!

Goldenboko
11-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Plunging toilets is easy. Now, maggoty trash explosions suck.

Rye
11-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Jeez Louisiana.

I don't care if I was doing it right or wrong, I just wanted the clog to go away. It wasn't going away with my initial "gentle" plumbing, and I was getting nervous that the toilet would be clogged for the weekend, since we had no staff on duty to help us just in case I couldn't fix it, and I had my parents on the phone to help me because I was afraid if I were to flush it, everything would overflow from the toilet. I wasn't aware that there was a nice clean way to plumb. Honestly, it's just all sordid, whether it splashes or not.

So honestly, I'm proud that I fixed it at all, splash or no splash, because I don't do those things. xD You guys need to realize that every girl who shares our bathroom (5 others) told me that they're proud of me, because they would have called anyone, a repairman, or their freaking father from miles away to fix it, because they wouldn't have. So I'm SUPERGIRL. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

So no more picking on me. ;o I'm a little sheltered in terms of what I've done and not done, considering my father is a mechanic and has fixed any clog or broken thing in the house for me, and I've not grown up with a baby, because my brother is only 2 years younger than me. I realize that a baby needs changing as well. I'm not retarded, dears. xD

Tavrobel
11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Don't think of it as picking on you; it's good that you are learning. Think of it as advice on how to do it next time. You should know if it's unclogged if some of the stuff happens to come back up, or, if you really did it right, there should be a massive visible drop in water level and a weird sound. You shouldn't have your face get any closer to the toilet than what it needs to be to see it and use the plunger. If you're that much concerned about not having a toilet, suggest to your neighbors that they employ a courtesy flush.

Or lay off the chili and sour cream and ration the toilet paper. Courtesy flush works better; toilet paper is usually the culprit of the clog.

Iceglow
11-09-2008, 04:48 PM
It's good you got rid of the blockage, what Tav said about advice and learning is kinda true it's not being mean from my standpoint, I tease yes but only cause you're sweet and easy to tease because you've been so sheltered all your life. :P It's mean to camp spawn a friend 50 times in an game of medal of honor with one hit kill weapons (I did this on a 4 player split screen game, he spawned 50 times in front of me and died 50 times to me whilst the other 2 sat there laughing their asses off, credit goes to him for not giving up) See the difference?

Jess
11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Generally household chores don't bother me at all but when washing the dishes...and the little bits of food that clog the plug and float around in the water and touch my hands. EW OH MY GOD.

LunarWeaver
11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
This is attached to my place, so I'm not sure if it counts as household or not. For some kooky reason, the stairs leading up to where I live is constantly covered with flies. Like, they're everywhere. But they're all dead! I don't know how they're getting in there, and I don't know why they die so fast once inside. It covered my stairs like a freaking carpet. Cleaning it up has totally traumatized me. I'm convinced my stairs are some kind of cult mecca for flies.