PDA

View Full Version : Little bit of OCD.

Mittopotahis
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
It seems that most people seem to have one or two obsessive-compulsive things that they do or habits they have.

For instance, I cannot touch a potato chip with my thumb. If I accidentally do, I have to wipe off any salt or flavouring off it.
Also, whenever I'm hanging out the clothes for drying, anything that requires more than one peg has to have matching colour pegs. This goes to the extent of a pair of socks must be next to each other with the same colour pegs. But this has become habit and I do it without even noticing now.

So what's your little bit of OCD?

fairweather
11-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow. Lets put you in the mental hospital.
:p

I don't think I have many OCD habits at the moment.
Although whenever I get in any car, if the radio/cd is on I always turn it down. Not all the way down, but just enough.
Then I can turn it back up later. Its a bit odd.

In my old house I used to go to bed, then have to get out of bed and check the windows in the kitchen. Every night, same routine.
Even if I checked them before I went to bed.
THAT was a bit annoying.

Faris
11-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Things have to be clean. Especially table surfaces. My friends have said "Ashley, that's the waiter's job. You're not at work" many times while we were at restaurants. Even if I see one crumb on a surface I just cleaned, it has to be cleaned again.

blackmage_nuke
11-09-2008, 02:00 PM
I have to close the door when i sleep, and i dont mean the door has to be closed, i mean if someone opens the door to come in before or while im in bed and closes it when they leave i have to get up open it again and close it myself.

I also touch metal where ever i go to discharge static but its not so much a compulsion.

Gwawr
11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I can't handle being late. Anywhere. I'll even go to the trouble of being hours early if there's no other way, but if I'm late I feel sick and panic.

A good trait in a pro-musician, but still a bit excessive!

Rantz
11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
In before OC != OCD.

As much as I'd love to seem a little crazy, I can't think of any such habits right now.

Iceglow
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I have a few habits the biggest one is I generally can have £100 in pound coins in my pocket but unless theres a £10 note I won't spend a penny because I end up worried about needing something. This has made me in the past quite poor at money management so my girlfriend has stepped in to help me by keeping my money for me and allowing me an "allowance" this helps and so I'm not bothered by it in the slightest.

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Everything must have proper or consistent capitalization and punctuation. Spelling must also be correct. I can be texting in the dark with no backlight and I'll still take the time to type everything out, even if it makes the message longer and costs me more ._.

Rye
11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
I like my closet to be organized in this following order:

Tanktops ---> t-shirts---> sleeves ---> dresses ---> jeans ----> sweatpants ---> coats and jackets.

I am OCD about washing my hands. I need to wash them a lootttttttttttt.

I like my bathroom counter to be symmetrical, in general.

Mittopotahis
11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I am OCD about washing my hands. I need to wash them a lootttttttttttt.

I've found myself washing my hands a lot ever since learning about germs and microbes at uni. =P

One of my friends must go to bed at an even time. So 10:30 or something. Can't physically make himself if it's 10:29.

Momiji
11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't say it's OC at all, but under the right conditions, I'm a total clean freak. While my threshold of cleanliness is rather broad, when things get to the point where I can't take it anymore, I go all out.

For example, my room is what I would call a 5 on the messiness scale, 10 being the highest. 5 is usually where I start feeling the urge to clean, so I may do so today. However, when it's a small urge, I don't employ all of my effort. Now, if it was a 10, I'd put so much effort into cleaning I wouldn't even recognize the place anymore.

That being said, other than that, I'm not picky for where things are organized, really. My clothes are randomly hung up in my closet, and my socks are just carelessly thrown in my dresser drawer. I still organize things that matter to me though, like my books, video games, and DVDs.

NeoTifa
11-09-2008, 04:59 PM
i check to make sure i have my keys 3 times before i lock my car...

i also cant have my sheets and blankets crooked. they have to be perfectly straight and even and centered, even as i sleep.

i also cant stand guys who wear dress clothes and their gig line is off. it makes my eye twitch every time i see the button line on the shirt like 3 inches from the zipper on the pants. c'mon! that just looks so retarded and sloppy!

MadeOfApples
11-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't say it's OC at all, but under the right conditions, I'm a total clean freak. While my threshold of cleanliness is rather broad, when things get to the point where I can't take it anymore, I go all out.

For example, my room is what I would call a 5 on the messiness scale, 10 being the highest. 5 is usually where I start feeling the urge to clean, so I may do so today. However, when it's a small urge, I don't employ all of my effort. Now, if it was a 10, I'd put so much effort into cleaning I wouldn't even recognize the place anymore.

That being said, other than that, I'm not picky for where things are organized, really. My clothes are randomly hung up in my closet, and my socks are just carelessly thrown in my dresser drawer. I still organize things that matter to me though, like my books, video games, and DVDs.

Same.

Except I have a strange obsession with coins. Must be clean, shiny, and organized (type, year, mint) in little yogurt containers.

Marshall Banana
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
My doggies must be wiped clean after they pee and poo. =O

Rye
11-09-2008, 05:11 PM

Same. I can usually deal with a little bit of messiness on my desk but then something inside me just snaps and I turn into a massive neat freak and PURGE my room until it's perfect.

Zeldy
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't have any. My room would drive most of you crazy, it's disgusting and full of junk. People leaving a window open and then the door, meaning that the door then repetitively taps the latch or whatever it is, that drives me mad, so much so that as soon as anyone walks up stairs I scream at them to shut the bathroom door.

Shoeberto
11-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I can be a clean freak if I have time for it. But I really hate having stuff lying out on the floor. Desks and tabletop surfaces can be as cluttery as you want but floors must be walkable. Also leaving used plates/bowls out tends to drive me bonkers. If I use a bowl it has to go to the sink or be washed or it just nags my mind.

Also? No one touches my monitor. I really really really really really really really despise people poking their grubby greasy fingers on my 22" LCD monitor's screen. But it's mostly because LCD screens are a pain in the ass to clean without scratching them and I paid too much money to have a jerk getting it all messed up.

Madame Adequate
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
When I left click, I have to right click. I have to highlight the text I'm reading onscreen, from top to bottom, then bottom to top, usually over and over while I read it. If I'm using a controller, if I press one button I have to press the one opposite in the same cluster (i.e. if I press 'B' on a 360 controller, I have to press 'X'). It's not as bad as it used to be! I had to do a lot symetrically.

Mittopotahis
11-09-2008, 11:46 PM
People leaving a window open and then the door, meaning that the door then repetitively taps the latch or whatever it is, that drives me mad, so much so that as soon as anyone walks up stairs I scream at them to shut the bathroom door.

oh far out. My bedroom door doesn't do that, it just slams really loud whenever it's open. However the laundry door seems to be just as loud but it taps! It echoes throughout the house and everything shakes. It'll do it every 10 seconds. It's one sound I've learned to despise.

Zeromus_X
11-10-2008, 04:05 AM
I have to wash my hands constantly too. It's bad because it makes my hands start cracking, though this could be due to my incredibly dry living environment. Lotion fixes it up though.

Arc_Master_14
11-10-2008, 04:18 AM
I used to have to have every single possible bit of info about on song for my iTunes but I gave up after my computer was wiped so about half of my songs are OCD'd and the rest are like w/e.

Though now my OCD is about Talking to Trinity every chance I get if I don't take a chance at one of them I feel bad for awhile til I talk to her again.

Shlup
11-10-2008, 04:22 AM
I hate the feeling of my nails touching my skin. Like the skin that's under the nail. Like where it's attached. When I become aware of the sensation I just sit and gently pull my skin away from my nail.

Which sounds painful and self-destructive, but it's not.

I can't stand anything touching my neck. I sleep with my hair up tight and either a spaghetti strap top or no top.

Nice
11-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Clean hands. I don't know why, but I like my hands clean. It gets a bit weird sometimes.

BardTard
11-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I'm OCD about my shoestrings. Ever since I was a kid if one shoe was tied tighter than the other one, it bugged the crap out of me and I had to re-tie the looser one to make it equally as tight. I'd do it over and over until they were both the same.

Which is why I try to stick to laceless shoes, like slip-on boots.

Also, I have a very specific way of doing things at my job and only do it wrong if I'm intentionally wasting time to annoy this girl Amy who never does anything. (It worked Saturday!) I won't get into that though.