PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping habits.

MadeOfApples
11-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I saw <a href=http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/121010-do-you-make-your-bed.html>this thread</a> and I thought I would ask what everyone sleeping habits are.

Anything sleep related :) Bedtimes, naps?, pajamas, stuff animals?, bed time rituals (Keep 'em rated G).

The hour I go to sleep usually depends on if I'm working or not. Currently, I am not so I pretty much stay up until 1-2am and sleep until 7-8am. When I was working, I was in bed everynight at 10pm and up every morning at 5am (except when I worked in a factory -_-). Lately, I've been having some insomnia. 2-3 hours a day sleep in about 1 hour intervals. Figuring its stress related.

I always make my bed. Which is usually very easy to do since I over heat in the night so I sleep on top of the covers. Lately, I've been sleeping on the floor since I've heard heat rises.

I use to sleep in my underpants when I was little but since I moved in to the city (I lived on a mountain most of my life), I've been sleeping on the ground or on top of the covers so I've been wearing pajama bottoms.

Every night before I go to sleep, I lay out my clothes for the next day, put some sausage in the fridge, and put a cup of water next to my bed. I never drink the water... but I can't sleep with out it being there. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I always dump it out and refill it. And still not drink it.

I do have a couple stuff animals but I don't sleep with them. They're very beat up after 2 decades of being played with. They keep my bed company while I sleep on the floor next to it.

I think about all when it comes to my sleeping habits.

NeoTifa
11-09-2008, 04:52 PM
i have to have a stuffed animal. it supports my arm so my shoulder doesnt hurt. ^___^ i also sleep in a half prone position, and i just sleep in the tshirt i wore that day and some pt shorts

Araciel
11-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Generally around 11 I will try to sleep lately. It's difficult because I used to have someone to sleep with but she is...on extended vacation. So I toss and turn a lot.

Yar
11-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Work days I am up at 6:30 and typically go to bed around midnight-ish.

Weekends I just sleep when I'm tired.

I like to nap, too. Just put on a DVD or the E! channel and lay in bed.

Aerith's Knight
11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I sleep from 4 to what time I have to get up, usually 7:45.

I have a stuffed python, but I don't cuddle with it or something like that.

Pyjama = boxers.

theundeadhero
11-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I try not to make sleeping a habit.

Aerith's Knight
11-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Zombies don't need sleep. :)

rubah
11-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I have to play solitaire until I win before going to sleep ;o

Shoeberto
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Most nights during the week I'm out around midnight. Any later than that and I'm usually pretty out of it the next day, and with my schedule anymore it's pretty hard to fit in a decent nap. Weekends are fair game so it's just whenever I get bored of being awake.

scrumpleberry
11-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I need to have something to latch on to. Doesn't matter what it is. So I don't like beds with little bedding unless I have something else to hug.

Peegee
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Even though I'm sick and can't sleep well, I make myself sleep when I see it's almost or past 1am

I work at 9:30 so it's okay.

Thais
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Sometimes I have a touch of insomnia and can't sleep well. Most of the time I sleep from about 2 or 3 in the morning to about 8 or 9.

I have a bunch of plushies, but never actually sleep with them. I make them stand guard so that nothing can get me while I'm asleep. I've been doing it since I was a little girl, so nyah :p

I mostly only sleep with those cute little boyshorts on :p

(sorry Apples! not sure how clean I can make that ^^;)

Zeldy
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I sleep when I'm tired, which I think is good logic! I hate staying up so late when I have college in the morning, it absolutely kills me when I'm woken up by my alarm clock at 6:30am.

I never ever make my bed, ever. It's always full of clothes too, which I scoop up and place on my computer chair when I want to sleep. When I want to go on the computer I scoop them all up again and they go back on my bed! I love being lazy.

Rantz
11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't usually feel bad the day after a late night, but I look like hell, so I try to go to bed before 2. That is unless I'm currently addicted to a game and have the next day off, when I sometimes decide to pull an all-nighter. Even then I usually give in around 5 or 6 and sleep at least until 10.

I sleep naked unless someone is crashing here (which is currently the case for at least a few months ;[), otherwise I sleep in boxers.

I want no stuff in my bed apart from maybe a cat. And two–three pillows are nice to have.

LunarWeaver
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I can sleep as late as 1 when I get the chance, but I can force myself to get up with much pain. Waking up is just awful no matter how early I go to bed and how late I flop myself out of bed.

I don't mind anyone sleeping in my bed with me, but it hasn't exactly happened a whole lot in my day.

I'm too scared to sleep naked. I always figure the first time I do, there'd be a big fire or something and I'd end up running outside in a panic with no clothes on. It's pretty cold here these days. I'm not freezing my nips in the name of comfort.

Vermachtnis
11-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I go to bed anytime between 12 and 3 and up sometime after 9. I take naps a lot too. I'm a guy who loves his sleep. I don't have pajamas, sometimes I sleep in a shirt though.

MadeOfApples
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
i have to have a stuffed animal. it supports my arm so my shoulder doesnt hurt. ^___^ i also sleep in a half prone position, and i just sleep in the tshirt i wore that day and some pt shorts

How can you fall asleep in a position that gives you a shoulder pain? Or do you just roll around alot at night?

I don't move in my sleep. Not even a little. I had a few friends think I was dead a couple times >_>

...It's difficult because I used to have someone to sleep with...

I can sleep just fine with people next to me but I can't sleep cuddling with someone. Just can't comfortable :-\

I like to nap, too. Just put on a DVD or the E! channel and lay in bed.

Yeah, the E! channel is pretty boring :P

I have a hard time sleeping with the TV on but when I'm really in the mood for some funny dreams, I put on comedy central (but at low volume) and go to sleep.

Last time, I dreamed about an African woman with a baby on her back and the baby was stealing banannas and throwing cans at people. It was quite entertaining.

I have to play solitaire until I win before going to sleep ;o

On the computer? Or with actual cards? Klondike? Spider? Freecell? Pyramid?

I usually play either the Pyramid or Free. The clock solitaire game (Actual name, unknown to me) all the time as a kid.

My comment:

bed time rituals (Keep 'em rated G).

Was for that and mainly because I know how some people can get (Glares towards another forum he visits).

I have a bunch of plushies, but never actually sleep with them. I make them stand guard so that nothing can get me while I'm asleep. I've been doing it since I was a little girl, so nyah :p

Do you make them hold weaponry made out of tin foil? Would be extremely awesome if you did.

It's always full of clothes too, which I scoop up and place on my computer chair when I want to sleep. When I want to go on the computer I scoop them all up again and they go back on my bed! I love being lazy.

Isn't that more work than actually putting them away?

I want no stuff in my bed apart from maybe a cat. And two–three pillows are nice to have.

I use three pillows. 2 for my head and one I put under my back.

I'm too scared to sleep naked. I always figure the first time I do, there'd be a big fire or something and I'd end up running outside in a panic with no clothes on. It's pretty cold here these days. I'm not freezing my nips in the name of comfort.

Don't forget about insects!

Peach of Mist
11-10-2008, 02:20 AM
I always sleep on my side, clutching a pillow like a stuffed animal, and I sleep bundled up like a baby in swaddling cloth. It is cold out there! :mad2: I sleep in spurts of four hours, just 'cause I stay up so long reading or something but it's either that or no work because my day is so filled so I sacrifice sleep.

Apples, you are OCD! But you're still gold in my books! ;)

Psychotic
11-10-2008, 02:26 AM
I sleep with a metric ton of cushions. Some under my pillow to prop it up, one over my face, one under my face, one at my chest, one at my stomach, and one between my knees. Yeah, I know, I have issues.

Rye
11-10-2008, 02:30 AM
I sleep with a metric ton of cushions. Some under my pillow to prop it up, one over my face, one under my face, one at my chest, one at my stomach, and one between my knees. Yeah, I know, I have issues.

I love doing this too!

Tavrobel
11-10-2008, 02:32 AM
I go to sleep when I want to sleep, and I wake up three hours past when I should.

This is my routine.

Momiji
11-10-2008, 03:01 AM
I go to sleep when I am tired.

That can range anywhere from 10pm to 3am. However, I still always get up at the same time on weekdays, regardless of amount of sleep.

Also, I find it to be incredibly difficult to sleep in silence, so I usually listen to music as a sleep aid. Not only does it give me something to focus on so my mind doesn't wander, I can generally gauge how long it takes for me to fall asleep by what song I'm on (so I have a general idea of how much time passes before I do fall asleep).

As for sleeping, I sleep much better on firm surfaces, as soft beds and pillows often end up with waking up in back and neck pain. I also have lots of pillows on my bed. This minimalizes how much I toss and turn, and is very comfortable on top of that. I have two firm pillows, one softer one, and a body pillow on my bed currently.

rubah
11-10-2008, 03:17 AM
solitaire on my ipod

Rye
11-10-2008, 03:28 AM
My sleeping habits are generally me going to sleep by 12. I'm not one for staying up lately, usually.

I used to be a picky sleeper in terms of where I sleep, but I can sleep in just about any condition and anywhere, from my tiny dorm bed, to the rock hard mattress that we got in the hotel in NYC that Hux and I rented, whether it's loud or bright, as long as I have my earplugs.

MadeOfApples
11-10-2008, 03:33 AM
solitaire on my ipod

Klondike. Its the typical solitaire game.

I stay up so long reading or something but it's either that or no work because my day is so filled so I sacrifice sleep.

I don't read as much as I use to. I still go through a book every week or so though.

Apples, you are OCD! But you're still gold in my books! ;)

Golden Apples.;)

Marshall Banana
11-10-2008, 03:55 AM
I cuddle with a little puppy named Tobi! =O

Thais
11-10-2008, 05:26 AM

My comment:

bed time rituals (Keep 'em rated G).

Was for that and mainly because I know how some people can get (Glares towards another forum he visits).

Do you make them hold weaponry made out of tin foil? Would be extremely awesome if you did.
Ooh, okies. Didn't want to get in any trouble :p

Ummm...well, Cloud has a sword, if that counts? Ooh, and Prinny has those big knives!

But other than that, they're totally unarmed...now I question their ability to protect me O.o

I need to find more, now! I need Dante and Vergil to do the fighting, and Phoenix and Edgeworth in case there's any legal trouble!

But no-one can take the place of my favorite: my oldest stuffed animal, Paddington. He's a panda ^^

*sigh* Edgey :love:

MadeOfApples
11-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Ummm...well, Cloud has a sword, if that counts? Ooh, and Prinny has those big knives!

But other than that, they're totally unarmed...now I question their ability to protect me O.o

I need to find more, now! I need Dante and Vergil to do the fighting, and Phoenix and Edgeworth in case there's any legal trouble!

But no-one can take the place of my favorite: my oldest stuffed animal, Paddington. He's a panda ^^

*sigh* Edgey :love:

Sounds like you need to buy your units some new equipment. I suggest either a cardboard sword, a butter knife, or maybe a gun that shoots mini flaming chainsaws.

I'm sure than you'll have nothing to fear.

I don't think I have my bear bear anymore. Had that thing since I was a little kid but I haven't seen it when I unpacked my stuff. Got my other stuff animals from when I was a lad but I got that one when I was 5.

Thais
11-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Where am I going to find the Gil for that, tho? I don't have the patience to keep farming :(

I could sleep with the Dante statue I have, but Rebellion might poke my eye out >_<

I have a weird sleep schedule on the weekend, too. I don't work Sunday or Monday, so sometimes I don't really get much sleep Sunday night (if any).

Iceglow
11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I usually end up going sleep at around 2am and get up again around 7am. I have mild insomina at all times and thus get only this little bit of sleep but I'm cool with it.

I also cannot wear clothes in bed normally, if I have to wear anything I'll wear boxer shorts but this is under protest. I also cannot stand other people in bed with me with clothes on, the material irritates me normally. This doesn't mean I sleep naked with everyone I've shared a bed with no, if I am sharing a bed with someone who for any reason I cannot sleep in my comfortable manner with I'll sleep fully clothed on top of the bed I can nap on top of a bed fully clothed easily enough and do so when I must.

Blue Harvest
11-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I usually sleep from around midnight until 8/9am. As for sleeping attire, I can't say because there are kids on this forum :tongue:

BardTard
11-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I sleep when I'm tired. Usually either naked or half-naked (unless I'm really cold) with like 10 stuffed animals on my bunk and about 200 on top, and 3 blankets and several pillows. I usually listen to music. I solved the problem of light coming in through the window by hanging a quilt I made in high school from one of the bars on my bunk bed. Works wonders.

And I wake up when I have to pee.