PDA

View Full Version : Alternate theory to Vaan being Solidor

Future Esthar
11-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Just after I thaorized that something occurred to me.
Vaan could instead be the reencarnation of Prince Rasler.
Think about it and you will get it.

champagne supernova
11-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Thought about it. Evidence suggests No. But perhaps you have some evidence that will persuade me.

Renmiri
11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Vaan was already alive when Rassler died. Only would work if Vaan was 2 years old

champagne supernova
11-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Vaan was already alive when Rassler died. Only would work if Vaan was 2 years old

Depends on how you look at reincarnation. Some people believe you can be reincarnated at the same time as another reincarnation of yourself. Of course, one can then say that anybody is the reincarnation of any other person.

PeneloRatsbane
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
i don't see how, nope not buying in to this at all

Future Esthar
11-10-2008, 10:20 PM
In ffxii it happens because of nethicite.

I will show you later that the true villain of ffxii exists at the same time with the soul of it´s future dead body.This soul can even extend to the past very far away from its born day.

There are lots of references to the flow of time on the name of the field maps of ffxii.
Antiquity´s End(Feywood) and Hourglass Basin (Zertinian caverns) are one of those.

There is a lot of symbology on ffxii that helps us to understand its mysteries.

arcanedude34
11-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Vaan sort of looks like Rassler... and there are a few minor references to their similarities... but not enough evidence...

Although it would be cool, since two of my favorite characters, Rassler and Reks (from what little I saw of them) were killed by the end of the tutorial level.

Seamus>Yiazmat
11-25-2008, 06:15 AM
I don't think Vaan is the reincarnation of Rassler. I think it's impossible. But I do think that it's possible that they are related. Maybe a long lost brother or something. I did notice how similar they looked. And sorry but I have to say it, symbology is not a word.

PeneloRatsbane
11-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Rassler was Nabradian and Vaan was born in rabanastre we pressume, i think its to wild a theory

Seamus>Yiazmat
11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, but nobody ever straight up said he was born in Rabanastre. I don't think they are related at all but I was just going along with the thread by putting in my "theory". You never know though, Squenix might release a new game where you play as Rassler or some other minor character to find out more about the past. I doubt it though.

Cowboy Girl
11-29-2008, 01:27 AM
I would like to add that not only is it extremely unlikely, you also got the wrong last name. Solidor is Vayne and Larsa's family name not Rassler's. I don't believe we are ever given his.

Future Esthar
01-04-2009, 01:04 AM
No,It was intended to be an alternate theory so it´s Rassler

PeneloRatsbane
01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I would like to add that not only is it extremely unlikely, you also got the wrong last name. Solidor is Vayne and Larsa's family name not Rassler's. I don't believe we are ever given his.

Rassler Heios Nabradia, i believe,
does that make Ashe "Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca Heios Nabradia?" lol

Unstoppable Pig
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Or maybe Rassler is Vaan.

During the war he faked his death and then tried to have sex change but it failed miserably and somehow he got major amnesia so he doesn´t remember his previous life.

Namelessfengir
01-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Or maybe Rassler is Vaan.

During the war he faked his death and then tried to have sex change but it failed miserably and somehow he got major amnesia so he doesn´t remember his previous life.

:) so far that makes more sense then all of esthar's theories put together.

Dynast-Kid
01-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Uh, sorry, but I can't go along with this theory at all. :/

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2009, 06:47 AM
The flaw in your argument FE is that not once has any of the Ivalice titles have ever hinted that reincarnation is an actual part of the cosmology of its world. FFTactics even showed the land of the dead and it was very Mesopotamian/Shinto rather than Buddhist or Hindu.

We know their is an underworld, we know the spirits of the dead can be seen and return in places where the Mist is thick, we know they can influence the world of the living and if the theory of the Mist=Dark from VS is true, then we know the Mist has the ability to bring the dead back to life, though they are human no more. Actually reading through the beastiery, its proven the Mist can do this.

Yet no where is there mention of souls reincarnating. There is no strong evidence in XII to suggest your theory may be true.

demondude
01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I thought, thought, and thought again. NO!

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Future Esthar still exists?

Why do you only theorize about the good Final Fantasies :(

Future Esthar
01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Because these are the only ones which has mysteries,duh.
Ãnyway I prefer my other theory concerning Vaan.I am not that sure on this one.

PeneloRatsbane
01-07-2009, 03:38 PM
the thing about vaan is he's ordinary. he's just some bloke, a civilian victim of the war and poverty. he isn't some big magic hero, with legends or destiny. he's just a good guy who wanted adventure and got it and along the way he helped out Ashe, the heroine, all though at times she doesn't seem like one.
Thats what i like about Vaan, he's an everyman in comparison to the brooding hero's (cloud and squall), or those with mysteries and hidden secrets (tidus and Zidane)
it was an interesting way to go

Future Esthar
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
He is Vaan Solidor,elder brother of Reks Solidor and heir to the throne of Arcadia.But since he became amnesic along with Reks and Vayne was rejected,the younger brother Larsa became emperor.

PeneloRatsbane
01-08-2009, 12:16 AM
ha ur funny, u must have too much time on your hands honey, but don't worry at least you've got a great, if not a little random, imagination

champagne supernova
01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
He is Vaan Solidor,elder brother of Reks Solidor and heir to the throne of Arcadia.But since he became amnesic along with Reks and Vayne was rejected,the younger brother Larsa became emperor.

The game uncategorically states that there were 4 male sons of the Emperor. There were two unnamed brothers, both older than Vayne, Vayne himself, and Larsa. Seeing that both Reks and Vaan are both younger than Vayne, this means that the point you have just raised has no substance, as it flies against the facts provided within the game.

Wolf Kanno
01-08-2009, 06:49 PM
To further this point, the Ultimania has Vayne's age listed at about 27, while Vaan's is clearly stated as 17. The story places emphasis that Penelo and Vaan knew each other as children and goes so far as to have a picture of the two as kids on the streets of Rabanastre

There is no real evidence to suggest Vaan or Reks have amnesia, or some magical force that made them somehow not age since that is an ability that only the Occurians and the dead have. There is no evidence to suggest that Reks or Vaan are Occurians or dead, so lets not go there...

The game and Ultimania directly tells you that Vaan and Reks parents (I would like to point out that it refers to both of them) died from the plague while Vaan was a 12 years old. Reks and Penelo's family took care of Vaan until Reks joined the military and Penelo's parent died as well. Vayne and Larsa's father is alive and well until about halfway through the game.

Your theory contradicts the Ultimania.

Future Esthar
01-10-2009, 10:49 PM
The theory is not important to the storyline anyways.

Bahamut2000X
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
You know a book on Logic and the Scientific Method would do wonders right about now.

Big D
01-11-2009, 12:13 AM
New arbitrary theory: Vaan, Rasler and Vayne are actually the Holy Trinity. Vayne is the Father (all-powerful), Rasler is the Son (martyred for his people), and Vaan is the Holy Spirit (proven by his ability to see the Occurias' illusory "ghost" of Rasler, which was only intended for Ashe).

This theory is based on virtually nothing and makes no real sense, but I stand by it absolutely:D

Bahamut2000X
01-11-2009, 12:59 AM
This theory is based on virtually nothing and makes no real sense, but I stand by it absolutely:D

:love:

Future Esthar
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Rasler died on Nalbina which holds one of the nethicite shards (midlight?).
Since this placed was filled with mist it´s not dificult to have his soul going to the mines and then to she Garasmythway sewers ending on Lowtown.The same happened to all of the dead inhabitants.

champagne supernova
01-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Rasler died on Nalbina which holds one of the nethicite shards (midlight?).
Since this placed was filled with mist it´s not dificult to have his soul going to the mines and then to she Garasmythway sewers ending on Lowtown.The same happened to all of the dead inhabitants.

Rasler died in Nalbina Fortress, which never held any of the Nethicite Shards. The Nethicite shards were held in Rabanastre, Nabradia and the Tomb of Raithwall. There is no mist around Nalbina fortress whatsoever. I'm surprised you would make such a fundamental mistake and think that Nabradia and Nalbina are the same place.

Future Esthar
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
You probably didn´t played FFXII because I saw mist around the fortress on the first mission.And people called the shard "the Light".

champagne supernova
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
You probably didn´t played FFXII because I saw mist around the fortress on the first mission.And people called the shard "the Light".

They don't call the shard "the Light". It is called the Midligh Shard. And, whereas you believe it to be in Nalbina Fortress, it is explicitly stated in the game that it was housed in Nabudis, the Capital of Nabradia. Judge Zecht unleashed its power on the city, thereby creating the Dreadlands (and hence why that area is covered in mist). There is definitely no mist around the fortress. The only mist is below the dungeons.

And, finally, in the opening FMV, you see Basch carry Rassler's fallen body out of Nalbina. And Reks, in a in-game cutscene, is shown to be at a hospital, where Vaan visits him. It is therefore most likely that Reks is in Rabanastre.

So don't accuse me of not playing the game.

Future Esthar
01-14-2009, 10:41 PM
I saw mist around the fortress on the Reks quest.
The Light is that thing that falls on the beginning and his guarded by the Order.

Big D
01-15-2009, 07:59 AM
That's a Paling, a magical barrier that's nearly invulnerable. They appear, or at least are mentioned, in Vagrant Story where they're used to keep "the Dark" out of human cities.
There is no mist around Nalbina fortress whatsoever.Sure there is - just not much. It's gotta be thick before it's visible, but it's definitely an almost universally-present substance. After all, Nethicite 'recharges' by absorbing Mist, and mages regain MP by moving through latent Mist - and both can happen in locations where the Mist isn't actually visible.

Bolivar
01-15-2009, 07:47 PM
All the even FF's are connected.

The Mist is actually the fayth from FFX, it allows us to see those we lost. When it concentrates in high density, it can take on other functions, all having to do with spirits, some of which spawning directly from the Mist.

Reks is a soldier who came out of nowher during the assault on Nalbina. Basch didn't recognize him, he wasn't from any unit, the Mist surrounding the fortress created him spontaneously to begin the great quest, beginning with witnessing the King's murder. He also claimed to have a brother named Vaan. He and Vaan may have been real people once. However, they are memories. When Reks was injured and would not be able to continue the journey to save the world, his likeness/duty was passed on to a newly generated entity, the brother Reks thought that he had.

The mist you cannot see infiltrated the minds of Penelo, Kytes and Fido. They all believed they grew up with a young boy named Vaan. This occurrence of the mist, peoples memories, generating a hero, occurs once every 10,000 years, and thus, ladies and gentlemen, I conclude:

Vaan = Tidus.

Thank you.

Seamus>Yiazmat
01-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Are you the same kind of person who thinks the dinosaurs are a conspiracy theory and red M&M's cause cancer?

Bahamut2000X
01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
All the even FF's are connected.

I think Bolivar forgot to mention that Gabranth is really the future reincarnation of Golbez while Basch is the reincarnation of Cecil. Their both brothers, one is good one is evil! The logic is flawless!

Thus I conclude that Venat being the main villain is truly Zeromus hundreds of years later.

Bolivar
01-15-2009, 09:51 PM
^Thank you, Bahamut2000x, i almost forgot about that one. We should also not forget that Ashura from FFIV was in her human life Vayne's high school girlfriend, who he killed with his brother after he found out she was cheating on him. It wasn't politics.

Future Esthar
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
The mist concept came from ffix

champagne supernova
01-16-2009, 09:03 AM
And you can see by the uncanny resemblance that Venat is Jenova before she left.

Big D
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
The mist concept came from ffixFFXII's Mist also functions very similarly to the spirit energy found in FFVII and X, and the Dark from Vagrant Story...

Future Esthar
01-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah,but on FF9 it was called mist.And there were the concept of mist trapping life energy on the world.