PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have trouble remembering the answers to their secret questions?

Mo-Nercy
11-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Or am I just an idiot?

By secret questions, I'm referring to the questions most websites will ask you if you forget your password. I just got my internet banking account frozen because I couldn't remember whether I put my mother's maiden name down as her full name with the surname first (because that's how it's read in Chinese), her full name with the surname last (because the name's is romanized to pinyin) or just the surname.

I guess I'm rather dependant on my passwords so I don't really put any effort into making my secret questions easy. Although you WOULD think mother's maiden name would be easy.

Shlup
11-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I've learned the hard way to put questions that I could only possibly put one answer for. I generally stick with my mother's maiden name or my father's middle name.

MadeOfApples
11-10-2008, 08:27 AM
I've learned the hard way to put questions that I could only possibly put one answer for. I generally stick with my mother's maiden name or my father's middle name.

Same.

However, once I tried answering a "Father's middle name" secret question... and it didn't work. So I probably spelt it wrong the first time and yeah.

-_-

Jiro
11-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I make my secret questions ridiculously easy, almost to the point that any person could guess them. If you have to choose a set question, I normally pick pet names or parents' middle names, as I'd forget anything else. Which has happened a few times...

Mittopotahis
11-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I always just go father's middle name, as my mum's maiden name is her current name. And well, I know my father's middle name and it's not terribly common. :)

So no I don't forget them.

Blue Harvest
11-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Any answer to my secret questions would be easy to figure out for anyone who knows me well so I always put random answers that are in no way related to the question. As a result I never remember what they are ;_;

Rantz
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
If I have to submit a secret question/answer I just put nonsense, usually, since I have a system that lets me remember my passwords.

Levian
11-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, same as Rantzien really. My secret answer has nothing to do with my secret question, never had the need to use that feature anyway.

rubah
11-10-2008, 04:37 PM
secret questions are useless if they are easy enough for anybody to guess.

Strawberry_Mew
11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Heck ya I do and it can be a pain in the butt >.<

Peach of Mist
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
I have a Word document specifically for my secret question! I think it's too easy to find out a maiden name, so I put in something very un-like my mother's maiden name and that's my answer.

scrumpleberry
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
oh my god i totally do x( alll the freaking time, it's very embarrassing

BardTard
11-10-2008, 06:08 PM
It's funny you ask this because a few days ago I hacked (with ease I might add) this kid who really pissed me off, so just for laughs me and my boyfriend decided to see if we could hack each other. He deemed me unhackable. My question was "Where did you meet your spouse?" And since I'm unmarried, he couldn't guess it but I do remember my answer.

And I lie about half the answers on there so only I know the answers. Chances are if you try to get into my account my entering the right information, you'll just end up blocking my account for a day.

Yar
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
My secret answers are typically "qazwsx".