PDA

View Full Version : Who is the shadowseer?

Future Esthar
11-10-2008, 10:30 PM
To me itīs Doctor Cid.Itīs very very obvious.

Vivisteiner
11-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Explain. I always thought it was an enemy optional boss in FFXII. Whereas Dr. Cid is an enemy compulsory boss.

Since:

Enemy optional boss is not equal to Enemy compulsory boss, ergo, Dr Cid is not equal to the Shadowseer.

Of course, you can pick at my logic by claiming that Dr. Cid is indeed an optional boss, as you can choose not to fight him by not playing the game. But I digress...

For Dr Cid = Shadowseer, it is obvious that we have to have made some assumptions.

1. We assume Dr. Cid is indeed dead, for if he were still alive he would not be able to exist as a spirit and body at once. (Unless if you adhere to the belief that all electrons are indeed one electron merely travelling through time and space,thus explaining their uniformity even in a Bose-Einstein condensate)

2. That the Shadowseer does indeed exist. This is after all a video game.

3. That Dr. Cid does indeed exist. Refer to the second point in point 2 for an explanation of the logic behind this mechanised response.

I hope I have elaborated and highlighted the key weaknesses in your argument, although I am in no doubt that there is reasonable validity still to be gleaned from this relativistic idea you have set forth, perhaps an examination of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation would usher you towards a period of enlightnement as you guide yourself towards a clear conclusion on this matter (whether dark or regular, the matter remains the same in respect to its influence on the Expansion factor of the Universe).

If you need further help, do not hesitate to contact me. I shall now provide a link which I believe shall heighten your interest and elevate the depth of your research in this matter.

Gross–Pitaevskii equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross-Pitaevskii_equation)

Future Esthar
11-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Being an optional boss doesnīt invalidate its storicity.

Vivisteiner
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
I apologise for being bat-http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif crazy yesterday, but storicity isn't a word.

demondude
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Storicity. xD

Goldenboko
11-11-2008, 08:48 PM
To me itīs Doctor Cid.Itīs very very obvious.

...Wait. What? :spin:

Future Esthar
11-11-2008, 09:26 PM
By storicity,I mean that it is related to the main storyline.

...Wait. What?

I am referring to it's soul of course

PuPu
11-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I think it's obvious that I am Shadowseer.

Future Esthar
11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
PuPu,why donīt you stop joking me and consider discussing a little.
I am not kidding.

PuPu
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
What's there to discuss? I thought it was a joke because you didn't give any explanation as to why you believe he is Cid. Your only explanation as to why you thought that was "It's very very obvious." Well, I gave you my explanation as to why I think what I said as well.

Oh you want me to discuss why I think that? Well...I think I am Shadowseer because that was the name I gave myself in another forum site. I think I am Shadowseer because I constantly see tons of black blobs moving along the ground, even when my eyes are closed.

Okay, fine, I'll give some real discussion. I think that Dr. Cid can't be Shadowseer because he does not have extreme magical powers and because Cid and Shadowseer look nothing alike. But we'll just go by the argument "you can't prove or disprove" the fact that Cid is Shadowseer,therefore it is a possibility that Cid is Shadowseer and that Rinoa is Ultimecia, and that I'm Captain Basch.

Sorry, just poking some fun. Feel free to ignore anything that I say, as it is probably all wrong and stupid. I'll even stop posting in this thread if you want.

Rostum
11-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Vaan is Fran, Ashe, Balthier, Basche and Penello. It's really really obvious.

demondude
11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't know what to do, there isn't anything to talk about.

black orb
11-12-2008, 05:42 PM
>>> Shadowseer is the most bad-ass boss in the game..
BTW, some of the hunts are blatant references from previous FF games. I cant find any connections but who knows, maybe the Shadowseer isnt an exception.

crazybayman
11-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I thought the shadowseer was Marquis Ondore

Future Esthar
11-12-2008, 09:27 PM
But I wanna to discuss PuPu.And provide answers.

I thought the shadowseer was Marquis Ondore
Hmmmm.....Close.

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2008, 05:15 PM
But I wanna to discuss PuPu.And provide answers.

I thought the shadowseer was Marquis OndoreHmmmm.....Close.

If memory serves me correct, the Shadowseer is explained to be a Nu Muo who tried to gain the power of the Occuria, thus he went to the Pharos but was transformed by the Mist and Occuria into a dark creature that was sealed on the bottom floor.

Since Cid is obviously a Hume and not a Nu Muo, I'm afraid your theory is debunked FE ;)

Future Esthar
11-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes,I didnīt complete the game 100%.Only the main storilyne.
So it is natural some theories are bogus.They are preconceived.I didnīt read the bestiary.I am waiting to complete everything to read it.That way I can perfect the theories.I give you that.
But it didnīt kill to theorize,did it?

Goldenboko
11-15-2008, 03:03 PM
The majority of things in FFXII are explained in the Bestiary or other places. Maybe they saw FF theories and got pissed :spin:

sub zero
02-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Perhaps the square guys read FE's final fantasy 8 theroys and just got really annoyed about them.

p.s some of the Esphers are referances to older ff games, X-death and zeromus for example.

espritduo
03-14-2009, 06:15 AM
The Shadowseer is probably supposed to be a reference to the Creator from FF Legends. The four beasts he summons are the same as the four beasts from FF Legends, which are based on the four directional dieties in Chinese mythology. The four beasts are represented in the games as the red bird Suzaku/Phoenix, the white tiger Byakko/Fenrir, the black turtle Genbu/Pandaemonium, and the blue dragon Seiryu/Slyt. The name Shadowseer was a toned down translation of the actual name of the entity in the Japanese version, which was supposed to be just "Dark God". They did the same toning down during translation in FF Legends with the Creator, who was also supposed to just be called "God".