PDA

View Full Version : Pacman and Ghosts Costume Help!

Jessweeee♪
11-11-2008, 02:22 AM
I needs help D:

I'm gonna do the pacman prank at school, but I don't know how to go about making the costumes. Pipe isn't an option, and that seems to be what most people use.

I've got the fabric part down, but how would I give it shape?

D:

Cardboard maybe? ...but how would that work out :kaodizzy:

Yar
11-11-2008, 02:30 AM
How much time do you have left if you're doing this tommorow? :Oo:

Ghosts should be easy. Get blue/yellow/red sheets and then put some big googley-eyes on them. :3

Jessweeee♪
11-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Who said tomorrow o.o

I'm planning this for spring!

I want them to have shape instead of being just colored sheets draped over people S:

Yar
11-11-2008, 02:45 AM
I tend to put in words that are not present when I read.

I am so very, very sorry. :( 15 "♪'s" will make it up to you?

Goldenboko
11-11-2008, 02:47 AM
This reminds me of the people who dressed up as Tetris for Halloween. It was quite the costume!

Marshall Banana
11-11-2008, 03:22 AM
If you plan to make Pac-Man out of fabric, interfacing might be useful. I don't know for sure that it's useful for large costumes, but it supports and gives shape to my bags.

It seems like you'll need to cut five pieces in order to make a three-dimensional Pac-Man with a nice shape and three pieces for each enemy:

<center>http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/pacmanpieces.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/monsterpieces.gif</center>

Those are my guesses, but I haven't created a costume before.

Jessweeee♪
11-11-2008, 03:25 AM
I didn't think of that o:

Might work if I make them half the size (it would make it easier to run around anyway).

o_O
11-11-2008, 03:51 AM
Consider finding a few really big cardboard boxes for the flat faces of the costumes - they're quite rigid and reasonably easy to work with, and you can usually pick them up for free at your local department store. You could then find some flexible card for the curved bits and by gluing three sheets of that together while bent in a curve you can maintain a strong rounded shape.

I made my gigantic Optimus Prime halloween costume out of boxes and card, and they turned out to be perfect for the job. My first choice of materials would've been foam rubber though, since you can easily cut that into shapes and it's light. But that costs money, so it's up to you really. :p

qwertysaur
11-11-2008, 06:49 AM
See if you can get a bunch of people to carry around paper balls to be pellets for pacman to "eat" :D

Momiji
11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Make the opposite side of the ghosts blue, so when you pick up a power pellet, they turn around.

Værn
11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Make the opposite side of the ghosts blue, so when you pick up a power pellet, they turn around.
But if they're running through a hallway, there will most likely be people watching from both sides...

Aerith's Knight
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
But if they're running through a hallway, there will most likely be people watching from both sides...

Why not have a red and a blue ghost, then at a sheduled place, switch the ghosts, then chase the ghost instead. xD

Momiji
11-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Well, people are just going to have to use their imaginations.

Or, you can make the fabric on the inside blue, so after the first runthrough, go hide for a second, and turn the costumes inside out. :p

Goldenboko
11-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Do it beside a wall on the hallway!

Værn
11-11-2008, 02:14 PM

Well, people are just going to have to use their imaginations.

Or, you can make the fabric on the inside blue, so after the first runthrough, go hide for a second, and turn the costumes inside out. :p
Aye, that would work :)

Or have everybody wearing two costumes, one on top of the other... but my idea would be more complicated and annoying to pull off.

BG-57
11-11-2008, 02:14 PM
This may help. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UhPNUxqaOU)

Jessweeee♪
11-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Hmm...gewd suggestions! 'specially the blue ghosts. Hmm...but the more people I involve the trickier it gets...well, I'm sure I can think of something.

Old Manus
11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
For the ghost, pin a large red bedsheet to an umbrella and stand under it

Del Murder
11-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Maybe using wire coat hangers would help.